When's the next meeting?

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by ratmankey, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratmankey Jedi Master

star 4
    Like the topic says. You'd think that would be an easy thing to find out, but the webpage hasn't been updated in almost a year, and I don't see any threads about it on here...
  2. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    A lot of things have slowed down here. For one, the website was especially useful when there was a lot of traffic and members, right now there isn't much of either.

As for meetings, there hasn't been a lot of posting around here, so scheduling a meeting and expecting people to show was hard. But at anytime, we can start discussions for the next meeting. The most important thing is to ensure we can get the attendance.
  3. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, hopefully now that summer is nearing we can begin to be a little more active. I know that this is the lag season until the EPIII comes out but we should at least still get together every once in a while. I love talking about Star Wars and you guys and gals are the only outlet I have! I'm beginning to drive my wife crazy again!!! [face_laugh]

Anywho, I would like for us to do another Wendy's/Moviethon meeting again soon. It seems we have more activity doing that one than any other meeting we've had. Either way, I'm up for just about anything that can bring us together and chat about SW.
  4. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm up for another movie meeting. Isn't the next Matrix out sometime in May? How about arranging a meeting around that weekend? We're getting ready for Orlando next week, totally psyched to ride Star Tours and get the force. Not to mention the gift shop! Anybody out there want me to bring anything back? A friend who was just down there told me that the FAO Schwarz in Orlando has a full size Vader that says lines from the movies. Gotta get a picture of Son of Mon-Mothma in front of that one. We got a pic of him at the NYC FAO Schwarz standing between a life size C3PO and Darth Maul. Yahooo! Anyhow, a meeting soon sounds good!

M.M.
  5. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Or XMen2...or both...

M.M.
  6. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    X-Men 2 comes out May 2, Matrix Reloaded on May 15.
  7. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Greetings to all Members of the Council:
    The idea of the dinner-and-a-movie sounds like a great idea. Since my wife has been asking me to go the Annapolis Mall to go to the Moives there (she got hook up after we saw AOTC there), I suggest the 10th of May for this purpose. I had already thought of this date to take my wife there to see X-2.

Anyone whould like to join? Maybe could be a small meeting. I know and I recognize that in the past I have not been present to many of the meetings, but due to works reasons that have been quite difficult for me. Now, I'm trying to take things in order and hope for better luck this time.

Thanks for your time while reading this message, your help and support.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MAYRLAND FORCE FAN COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD
  8. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone, I was thinking, if you guys were up for a picnic sometime this summer, we should reserve the free space in the park now, maybe for August, that would be fun, and we could even invite the DC group to join us :) I can call parks and rec in Howard county and have them reserve a spot for us, what do you think? I think it is free, so if for some reason we don't use it, I don't think it would matter.
  9. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members of the Council:
    May 10th will be my day to go to the Annapolis Mall to see X-Men 2. If anyona is interested in coming over feel free to do so. (Let me state this: this doesn't mean I'm inviting to pay for the tickets, food, etc. ;) ) Since May doesn't sound like is going to have any meeting at all, I thought that maybe we could try this day for a meeting and a movie get together. Of course, that's just me. I'm planning to spend a long time there... maybe before lunch time. So, if anyone would like to meet, post and I'll read. Next day I'm checking the post after today will be next Monday.

Thanks for your time to read this post.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FORCE FAN COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD
  10. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Um, this is such a good idea. Like are we going to ever do an in-person meeting? You know see one another face-to-face and have fun? Remember? Anyone have any suggestions?
  11. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    We have to make sure the attendance will be enough. Things have started to pick up a little around here, so that's good.
  12. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    We need to have that picnic!
  13. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't make it to the movie meetings because I can't drag my baby along :) But I would love to attend another meeting, so if you guys are planning a picnic, we will be there :)
  14. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    yaddel, for the movie meetings, you can just come for the meeting and not stay for the movie. Usually, these meetings are scheduled about an hour before a showtime to allow us time to meet. Then, the meeting's over, so you can leave. Or, stay for the movie if you want.
  15. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    is there a May meeting? I would like to come and at least visit with everyone before the movie :)
  16. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok so since May is almost over, and it seems to have decided to rain everyday this summer, are you guys planning a june meeting? It would be nice to get together :)
  17. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm with you Yaddel. I'm ready for us all to meet up again. It doesn't necessarily have to be a meeting, just a get-together of sorts. Does anyone have a problem with the 14th of June? Maybe at the Wendy's? Anywhere, I don't care!! I need my Star Wars fix!!! I'm going into withdrawal here guys!! :_|
  18. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Me two! Me two! The 14th. will work for me, DRK_HMLT. May be we could get together to play Jedi Unleashed. Brandon wanted to play games and Wendy's is fine with me. You still willing DRK_HMLT? Anybody else into it?
  19. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would love to come and see you guys, which wendys are you guys talking about? I don't think I could stay to play games, though I would love to! My baby would destroy the place :) But, I could have lunch with you guys at least :)
  20. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey guys, I'm back from college (Frostburg) and I am home (Glen Burnie)for the summer, and I'd like to hear about any planned meetings. My schedule's open for a while, so let's get to planning. :D :p
  21. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    yaddel, it's the Wendy's in Linthicum, next to Hoyts West Nursery.

Welcome back, Jansons_Funny_Twin.
  22. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Are we EVER going to have another meeting? Last I read we were talking about June 14th, which is next Saturday. What's the dealy-o?

M.M.
  23. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm still up for June 14th.
  24. yaddel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is there a time on the 14th when the proposed meeting would be? Also, I still don't know where that Wendy's is, is it close to arundel mills? I will try and find it on the web :)
  25. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    No, the Wendy's isn't really that close to Arundel Mills. Wendy's is, though, close to BWI.

I probably won't be able to make a meeting this Saturday. In fact, we should plan these things far in advance for everyone to arrange their obligations and to pick a perfect date.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.