main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are all the light Sabers?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by genghis, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genghis

genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I saw a thread just now about obiwans lost light sabers and thought what about all the others.

In the films we see the following lost sabers in order -

Qui-gon (picked up by obi)
    Obiwans no.1
    Darthmauls part 1 and 2
    Obiwans no.2
    Anakins
    Misc dead jedis sabers
    ObiWans no.3
    Luke no.1
    Darth Vaders

Ok I think thats all from the film (but I am probably wrong)

Could you guys help list all the EU sabers that have been lost, and if they have turned up anywhere.

Unless I'm mistaken these things should be as common as hydro spanners at the rate the jedi keep loosing them.

2. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    I would bet that at least some of the lightsabers lost in the Battle of Geonosis ended up on the black market.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    [Qui-gon (picked up by obi)
    Obiwans no.1
    Darthmauls part 1 and 2
    Obiwans no.2
    Anakins
    Misc dead jedis sabers
    ObiWans no.3
    Luke no.1
    Darth Vaders]

Jedi Knights for the most part probably destroy their excess lightsabers or allow them to be donated to the Coruscant (and presumably other worlds) museums or keep them for their own usage.

Since the weapons seem to have pedigrees much like katanas in some cases, my guess is its far more the later than the former.

Most masters probably have a collection for their padawans to experiment with donated from their own masters or whatnot.

Its pretty clear though Palpatine has the majority of the Jedi weapons destroyed except for what he gives his Dark Siders and keeps in his trophy case

(Palpatine is an avid sportsman, he may not look it but apparently he enjoyed killing Jedi brought to him personally- my guess is he was a pretty powerful warrior back in the day)

4. genghis

genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    Another thought I just had is, if the jedi knight games are cannon, what happen to all the reborn's light sabers.

Typically in each of the three game I guess you kill 200 reborn easy. Thats at least 200 light sabers you leave dotted around coruscant, tatooine, yavin etc.

What is the continuity pov on these sabers. Is there a factory somewhere churning out sith sabers. Ie.

Honest Harry's sith sabers.
    You can have any colour as long as its red.

Didnt I read in one book that lukes hand and saber from ESB ended up in the emperors secret "jedi I killed" collection room?

5. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    the storyline of the games are canon, but the exact number of enemies killed isn't, as I understand it. It wouldn't be very realistic for Kyle Katarn to kill, for example, several hundred stormtroopers. But a much lower number and the game would be boring. Soem things are added or changed to make the game more fun. Those things aren't canon.

6. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Luke's wound up in Mount Tantiss, with which Joruus C'baoth armed Luuke, Luke's clone. It was then given to Mara. Maybe Palps kept a lot of the old weapons/ bodies there..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.