main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Are The Female Sith?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Parthenopaeus, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parthenopaeus

Parthenopaeus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    It seems like the only ones we ever hear about or see in the films are all men. There are female Jedi, so, I assume there would be female Sith.

Would have been nice of Lucas if he had introduced one in the PT. Possibly in TPM instead of Darth Maul.

2. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004

It certainly would have been intersting but it would have been hard to get it into the story. I guess Dooku or Maul could have been women, still, we still have our fair share of powerful women in star wars IMO.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Moving to the PT Forum.

4. Darth_Nutz

Darth_Nutz Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Thank you!!! I was having this conversation the other day with someone. Sure, we have Asaaj Ventress in the CW cartoon series, but I have always wanted to see a live action female Sith. I personally think a female Sith would be quite appealing, especially in a juxtaposition to a male Jedi. Plus, we all know the sex appeal would be off the charts.

5. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    One had been talked about for both TPM and AotC but ended up never being used.

6. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Asaj Ventress. Whats the deal with her anyway? is she a sith? or just claimed to be one?

7. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    Yeah i heard Dooku's part was originally going to be a female..Perhaps Countess. When Lucas heard Lee was available he went anothr route..or so that is what i heard happened. To bad SW missed out i feel by not doing this. I guess females with force powers arent as dumb with them as the males. Although you would think the non-alien ones might come borderline from turning around "that time of month" hahaha kidding.

8. SKSeven

SKSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I don't particularly care if they're female or male. There have been female Sith, I'm sure, as there are female Jedi. However, since there onlyever two Sith at any given time, [or one searching for an apprentice], it wouldbe more difficult.

9. DarthMalifluous

DarthMalifluous Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    There was some rumor after AOTC was released that Padme would turn out to be a Sith apprentice (Sith-witch). I'm not sure if it would've played out properly but it offers up some interesting possibilities.

10. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    Actually, when one becomes a Sith, they become gay. The master and the apprentice become a couple. Once they start to get tired of each other, one kills the other to find a new piece.

11. DarthSurge

DarthSurge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    i would say instead of count dooku, maul was too cool to be a female

12. SKSeven

SKSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    maul was too cool to be a female

I dare you to go to the next Woman's Right rally and say that. :p

13. The Mentos® Strikes Back

The Mentos® Strikes Back Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2000
    To the EU you must look. Find your answer there, you will.

14. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I guess it just never occured to the writers that there are no female sith. Well Mara Jade was a follower to the emperor. I guess GL thinks men have more hatred and rage

15. TheVampireArmand

TheVampireArmand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Yes, I guess in EU terms had Palpy come back again and 'won' Mara Jade back from the light, she would have been Darth Something or Other

16. mlbfan

mlbfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2004
    Female Sith would have been hott, but I think, (and i'm not saying this is right, because it isn't) society doesn't like successful women like they do men, so casting a female as dooku or maul may have lowered business, that might be why Lucas did that. And again, i'm not saying that society is right about that, becaus that is a rather sexist point of view, and i don't agree with it.

17. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    As much as I agree there should be some female Sith (and NOT referred to as a Sith Witch, while men get all the lordly titles), it would have been too titillating for the fanboy crowd ("yeah baby, I'll roll over to the Darkside for you.") :rolleyes:

18. ssjd

ssjd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Most Powerful Sith
    Sith Lords
    Of All Time

17. Darth Xio Jade (Best Female Sith of All Time)

"Dooku thought he was gaining much power in the Dark Side, but Palpatine was merely utilizing Count Dooku as a tool. As Count Dooku unified the Separatists, Palpatine brought adepts of the Dark Side into his conspiracy. He made Sly Moore of Umbara his secretary, due to her ability to read minds. He befriended two Jedi during this period, considering which one he would choose to replace Dooku as an apprentice. Their names were Anakin Cleevon Skywalker of Thessius and the little known Vorron Tastras. Though Palpatine?s relationship with Vorron Tastras remains largely unknown, it is known that he utilized the skill of the Dark Jedi assassin known as Xio Jade, the first ?Emperor?s Hand? and aunt of Mara Jade."

couldnt find her mandi count

source
    www.supershadow.com

19. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    But did any of you know this:

In an interview or an article (I forgot where I read this) Lucas said Darth Maul was not the original sith for the TPM- It was Assajj Ventress (female sith from clone wars) Lucas decided after some revisions that Maul was alot more evil and cooler. He made sure she was not forgot so he had her put in the clone wars.
    So Lucas has not only thought of sith as all male.

Good Stuff

20. bananajoe

bananajoe Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Yes there were they just all died before the Star Wars movies.

21. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I thought it all came down to archetypes. Seems that all the women in the saga are mother figures except for Leia, who's more of the sass-mouthed fast talking dame archetype. So if any woman in the saga could have become a sith, it'd be Leia.

*cough*make7-9george*cough*

22. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    ssjd You're new so I assume this is news to you but everything on supershadow.com is total BS.

23. ssjd

ssjd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    what?!?!

then the guys got alot of time on his hands.

24. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Ooooooh, how I hate Supershadow. :mad: [face_frustrated] [face_plain]

25. Jedi_Coleman_Trebor

Jedi_Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Kit Fisto was actually at first a female Sith with a few minor changes. After Dooku came along, they changed some small arts on Kit Fisto's appearance and added him in as a Jedi in AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.