main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are the mods?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SithKiller, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithKiller

SithKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2001
    Anyone could spam and post wrongful things. The two that this board has are always on about the same time, so why isn't there a night mod when they're away? Doesnt' make sense to me.

And whatever happened to that banner contest? The colors STILL have not been changed and it was months ago. What's the deal?

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    :oops:

First: LAJ and Mike are fine Mods.
    Second: Theres really that much spamming going on in the collecting board anyway.
    Third: The colors do stink... but oh well.

3. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I think the banner thing has to do with the problems the boards are experiencing with displaying graphics, from time to time.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hello to you too... :)

Actually there are mods that check around when we aren't on, and if there is a problem that needs handling quickly (for example pr0n or spamvertising) you can PM any mod that is online for help.
    There is even a facility in the Users Online section (in the header on the board list page) that will list all of the mods that are online at the time. Pick one with the newest login time.

What colors are you referring to?

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    :confused:

We do not have a night mod because there is not enough activity over night to warrant one. As Les was saying, in the unlikely event that there is a problem you can always contact any one of the JC mods that are online and they will be able to assist you.

The banner contest was over months ago and I have no idea what this colour problem
    is that you are referring to. The boards have refresh problems fairly often which might be creating the issue that you are talking about.

6. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Je pense votre couleurs de nom sont les probleme, Mike!

Oops, English, sorry: I think your name colours are the problem, Mike! [face_laugh]!

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I think he's talking aout the board colors that PLJ designed to go with this banner that were never uploaded for one reason or another.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Awww people still miss my pretty color scheme that I'd come up with [face_love] I don't mind the blues - they're easy on the eyes. Although my redish tones would be nice to see [face_batting]

9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I loved your color scheme, PLJ. Your banner is great, but for me your chosen board colors are what did it for me. I really hope that Mike and Les get it up and running once and for all... before it's time for a new banner contest. :p

10. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Les, the CSS (stylesheet) is the forums default one. The sheet that PJL came up with I presume needs to be uploaded to the TFN server and then linked to the forum. Those colours ;)

As for the "night time" Laj mods UK time which pretty much covers most of European time and Mike does more US time. The time Mike logs off in the evening there are only a couple of hours left that there "may not" be one of them on. But as it has been said you can contact another mod to deal with anything, if there was anything for the 1am time in the morning which there usually isn't. It hardly seems worth getting another mod in for a couple of hours when nothing happens anyway.

So what actually makes you presume they are always on the same time if they are in two different continents?

11. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    I think our mods are doing just great. And the other mods actually do jump in when necessary. For instance, I've seen Gabe lock a topic in violation of the Big Red Scrolling Thingamabob we have here. And before anyone had replied, so that's pretty fast.

And we do need to have PLJ's banner back! I'd be surprised if her winning banner was up for two days in total at all ;)

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If Mike can find the banner then we can put it back. With all the image server problems the wrong one might have been put up. When we take the banners down, we revert to the default IGN one. To put them back up you have to scroll through a long list of banners for each board. I have always put back the Collecting one with the newest date in the title. If that is the incorrect one then maybe Mike can find the right one. (He is the one who loads them).

13. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    ermm the banner is there but it is linked to Mike's website not TFN.

Erika has resent me the stylesheet she created for me to give to Mike so I will give that to him :)

14. Captain_Sarcasm

Captain_Sarcasm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2003
    We do not have a night mod because there is not enough activity over night to warrant one.

That pretty much sums it up best. Plus who cares? The site isn't going to shut down for weeks on end just because somebody got bored and spammed up the forum. The collecting forum isn't what I would describe as being spammy. If somebody does something they're not supposed to it's not the end of the world.

And whatever happened to that banner contest? The colors STILL have not been changed and it was months ago. What's the deal?

Now I know where I've been going wrong in my time visiting message boards. Here I thought the best way to either find out an answer to one of my questions was to PM a forum moderator for a friendly explanation. Who knew that merely making a thread that had a tone of insulting the forum mods would expedite things. I can see how a PM was the harder of the two, many thanks for showing me the light. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.