main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are we all going to see the movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by DarthRaith, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I hear the Green Valley Ranch theater is awesome. The head of the guy in front of you is apparently level with your knees, talk about stadium seeting! Every seat rocks and has moveable arms apparently and the sound is top notch!

We aren't going to get a theater close to everyone so let's all go to the best.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, I was planning on seeing it at the same place I saw TPM... which is the Orleans, which is my favorite, and one of the nicest theaters I've been to. Also, the Orleans is the only theater in Nevada with a digital projection screen, and you just know Episode 2 will be playing on that one!

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    So everyone else in town is using traditional film projection, and the Orleans is using Digital Projection?

How sure are you? From what I understand, Digital Projection will be the way to see this film with all the clarity and depth that Lucas intended. I have been wondering how on earth I was going to figure out which theaters in town had digital projection.

Exciting news!

4. The_ImpSlave

The_ImpSlave Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    TF.N posted a link to a site that listed the "official" digital theaters in the US. There were hardly a dozen, and the Orleans was one of them :D

I might take 5/16 off to catch the first morning showing, then go back again in the evening. And I sure plan to be at the Orleans.

Would it be overstepping a boundary to suggest that the Orleans be the sanctioned theater for the group?

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Hell, I wouldn't mind that.. it being my personal favorite, but it's really up to everyone.

6. Admiral_Dodonna

Admiral_Dodonna Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    I think The Orleans would be a perfect place to see EP:II. I had already seen EP:I there before, so might as well re-live the experience one more time.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds great to me. Has Lucas officially done away with midnight showings? I say Ep I at midnight the night before at Sunset Station. There was a huge line, many people were in costume, and the news was there.

If we have enough people in our FanForce by then, and we all go in costume, we could alert the various news channels and I bet they would cover it. It would be great promotion for our FanForce.

8. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    If I can somehow make it up during the middle of the week, I will be there in costume. If not, would anyone care to make another showing on Sat?

9. Darth_Vitrious

Darth_Vitrious Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey Talon_Wolfe, I also saw TPM at Sunset on Midnight. I was in the first line about 7-8 people back. Where were you at in line? We might have met that night. I met some of the coolest people that night. Nothing like Star Wars in common to bring people who would not normaly meet or talk together and have a blast. For E2 I want to bring my son (now 5) to see the movie so I probably wont catch the very first showing but definatly one of the first!

10. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    I was thinking of a simple costume we could all possibly wear. Find a place to get brown colored cloaks like the jedis along with the sabers we will make during some meeting. and then we are jedi :D

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Darth Vitrious, I was in the first line, maybe 50 people back or so. I was not in costume that time, but this time I will try to be, providing I finish in time.

Lightsaber assembly! Until then, I will not be a jedi.

Once that movie comes out, I am up for seeing it multiple times, that's for sure.

12. jedihunter45

jedihunter45 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I am going to the midnigth showing if I can. last time for ep1 I got an advance ticket but the midnight show was sold out.thats not going to happen this time I hope.
    Does any one know the day of the advance tickets go on sale?

13. The_ImpSlave

The_ImpSlave Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Somewhere on TF.N it's speculated that tickets could go on sale as early as May 3. Seems too early, IIRC, tickets for TPM were sold only a week prior to the opening.

14. Rose-

Rose- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Hi, I'm new to the fan force, but I will hopefully be more involved in the future-I plan on attending the May 4th meeting if thats alright. I was actually planning to see the movie at Green Valley Station-I'm friends with the manager and promised him to help with some promotional stuff, I'm not completely sure what to do yet, but that kind of obligates me to attend there. I'm personally making Padme's lake retreat outfit (beautiful!!!), with a bit of color variation and my boyfriend is making a Sith robe. Green Valley doesn't know if they'll be getting Spiderman or Star Wars so I might actually end up at The Orleans with you. Just wanted to introduce myself! : )

15. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Of course you can come Rose, the more the merrier.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay! 30 more days!! We have to plan!! So, here are my questions:

1. Where are we gonna go?

2. When are we gonna go?

3. Are we all gonna meet in the line, will we all buy tickets online, or will one or two people stand in line and buy tickets for everyone?

4. Has anyone heard how early the tickets will go on sale in Vegas?

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Where we will see it:

The Orleans, which has Digital Projection.

(I heard that Sam's Town has it also, I don't know if that is accurate.)

When: the first showing, midnight if possible. If Lucas does away with midnight showings... then on the 16th itself, although I need to see if I can finagle my way out of work.

18. Rose-

Rose- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Hi
    Earlier I posted that I may not be able to attend the Episode II showing with the Vegas Fan Force because I might be doing Star Wars promotions at Green Valley Station, but the manager there told me that they will not be getting Episode II, and they're getting spiderman instead. So it looks like I will be going to the midnight showing at the Orleans with everyone. : ) I was kind of hoping for that anyway. I guess I'll be able to introduce myself to all of you in person on the May 4th meeting. Oh, and I noticed that "Moron Dude" put going to see spiderman on the agenda for sometime on May 4th, and I just wanted to request that if that is the plan we go to the Green Valley Station if that's the plan because my artwork for spiderman (which they're having me do promotions for instead) is going to be there. I look forward to meeting everyone!!
    Rose~~

19. YuuzhanVegas

YuuzhanVegas Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Hi all,

I've never posted to the group before but I thought I'd pass on a tidbit of information regarding this subject. Sam's Town Century 18 does in fact have DLP. I saw the new trailer there along with Ice Age. It was very nice.

YV

20. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Welcome and thanks for the info! Another good spot to see the movie! And you must be a fan of the expanded universe!

21. YuuzhanVegas

YuuzhanVegas Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Thanks Mirax. Yes, I am a fan of the expanded universe. I've just recently found the New Jedi Order series and I'm hooked. I've read three of the books over the weekend. I'll begin 'Balance Point' this evening.

Arghhh...do I really have to wait another 23 days 6 hours 39 minutes and 45 seconds to see AOTC!!!

YV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.