main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are we going with this. . .thing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by bwing53, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm starting this thread a wee bit early. The second official meeting of the Milwookie Council is being held/was held at Filmcon this weekend, and I would like to know what the topics of discussion were. Those of us not in attendance just want to be kept in the loop. I would hope that there was some type of discussion regarding the next meeting, any upcoming events that Milwookie will be a part of, and maybe website discussion (if any). Anyone who has information on these and/or other goings-on with regards to the future of The Milwookie Council, please feel free to post it here.

Thanks, guys!

Jason

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I dunno. We (being of a symbiotic pair) are being represented. I think however, an official type meeting would be necessary at a place where most if not all could attend. As for directions, I'm not sure what the plans are because well, I try not to plan anything major..I just hope those guys are having fun.:)

M

3. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    There really wasn't much official discussion about anything except...well, check the other board.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I don't think we had an official meeting, and really, I hadn't heard that we were going to have one until I got there, and then no one seemed to know details. I think it was some sort of bizarre rumor. But, the topic did come up, in a way, and so I'll share my personal views.

I stopped thinking of ourselves as solely a Star Wars fan group a long time ago. Now when we get together, I no longer think that the talk will revolve around the films, books and toys that were originally the glue to our group. The second collector's club meeting did mention collecting, but it was hardly the dominant discussion topic, and I think that's a good thing. When there is a large number of items out on the market again, I'm sure it will be more prominent, but why talk about something that isn't very exciting at the moment. Doesn't take long to say "I haven't seen anything in a while." So now we watch football, talk anime, tell anecdotes (That word looks like it is spelled wrong to me) and in general have fun. Star Wars will continue to be an important topic to us, and a common bond we all share, but it no longer has to be the constant center of our attention. So we can plan to see "Die Another Day" and "Two Towers" or go to an Admirals game. It's all open. I think that's a very good thing, and a good direction.

Dwayne

5. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I heartily agree, Dwayne. I was just wondering if anything quasi-official took place. Trust me--I like things the wy they are!

Jason

6. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Yay! Go us! :D

7. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I think it would be fun to have more get togethers with the group. I really enjoyed hanging out with you all at FilmCon, but most of you I havn't seen since the bonfire back in June/July (when was that again?)

It might be nice to plan to have a regular meeting maybe once a month or once every two months to do something that makes us look like an offical club, and not just a group of fans that are tied loosly together by this board. Other clubs I have been in have had regular meetings in which there were some kind of topic being discussed, or just talking about nothing and everything. But then we had the advantage of being centered around a university.

I don't know, just trowing out ideas. And please no one look to me to organize this because I need to concentrate on organizing my life right now.

Devan

8. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, we have book clubs, costume clubs, a newsletter group that meets and such. Join one of these.

9. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Amen brother Dwayne. Thats the cool part...we've all become friends beyond the Star Wars universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.