Where are we meeting opening night (Portland)?

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by CoolHanLuke, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I was thinking of joining the Oregon FF in Portland opening night, "STAR WARS" style--you know, Jedi robes, lightsabers, cinnamon bun hair-do, maybe Anakin's mechanical hand. :D

I was planning to take the Amtrak from Olympia, WA to join my fellow Oregonians for the premiere May 19.

However, sources tell me that Washingtonian SW fans may get a early treat to see ROTS in Seattle on May 12.
    If you haven't seen a bootleg copy by then, I promise, I won't spoil it for ya'! :p

Larena_Jade has mentioned to me that the Oregon Theater on Division Street seems to be centrally located for a group of SW crazed fans to line up.

Since this is the "last one," what do you guys think about getting together?

...because in May 2005, Anakin and Obi-wan will ROCK YOU!

STAR WARS Episode III: REVENGE OF THE SITH :cool::eek:=D=

2. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Division Street? Oregon Theater? What???

No I don't think anyone would really want to go to a theater that isn't one of the majors. I mean, it's either Evergreen or the new Century 16 in Beaverton or something like that. It has to be a great theater. I've never heard of Division Street, but whatever it is, it ain't a huge multiplex worthy of Star Wars.

As for the Seattle screening, if they have a charity one, I'll be there. I haven't gotten to go to the last two charity screenings because at the time it wasn't really convenient or I hadn't really thought about paying that much. But this time around I'll pay. I am on the mailing list for the Seattle one, assuming they give me the details. I mean the lady said she would.

I'd love to see it a week early, only then I'd have to wait a week to see it again, which kind of blows hardcore.
  3. Rickthetamer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hoy hoy.

I live aboot a mile from the new Century 16.

If you haven't been there... it is possibly the finest movie viewing establishment that I have ever had the fortune to occupy.

Ever.
  4. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    It's nice, I like it. But it's only "great" by Oregon standards. This is Oregon, it isn't like some great state for movie theaters. Our theaters pretty much suck.

I mean, a 16-screen theater in Oregon is considered huge. In Los Angeles a 16-screen theater is very small. My friend down at USC said a new 48-plex just went in near him or something, haha.

Now for a really nice theater, see The Bridge De Lux at the Howard Hughes Center in Los Angeles. Before the opening of some other theater recently, it was the most expensive theater in the nation. I used to go there every weekend when I lived in L.A. for about 5 months. It rocked. Leather seats, great screens, a million employees and all kinds of food, just a really well put together, luxurious theater.

Also for pure quality of screen, the Cinerama in Seattle is great. We have nothing that special in Oregon unfortunately.

But I did enjoy the Century 16 when I went there over winter break, it's definitely better than any Regal theater here, haha. I still prefer being at Evergreen, though, that is my theater. For sentimental reasons it is the best to me and probably always will be. There is something about standing in line in front of THAT theater that is special. I watched them put up the first "STAR WARS" letters that hadn't been up for 16 years, when TPM came out, and I stood in line for 24 hours for AOTC there.
  5. CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Where is the Evergreen theater?

By the time May rolls around, hopefully all of us can meet at a mutually convenient place.

EP3---you know it's going to ROCK ...

6. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't wait for Episode III, hehe.

Evergreen is on 185th, in the Tanasbourne area, down in Hillsboro. It's about 12-14 minutes from where I live. Erik and I will be lining up there at least, maybe that is close for someone else too, not sure.

I know that last time we ran into a lot of people from TFN's main boards, who somehow knew who I was even though I didn't know them, haha.
  7. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    But there is a problem with the new Century 16 Theater .... I make it a point to never enter the land of Beaverton unless I am on my way to the coast, and then I try not to turn my head to the left or right when I am on HWY 26.

All I can say is that I thank God every day that there are the West Hills so that I don't have to look at "The Land Of the Burbs" (suburbs that is).

But hay, you are still Oregonians, so you can't be all that bad. ;-)
  8. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree, Beaverton BLOWS. It's full of mediocrity. Suburbs in general are the most horrible things around. Give me a condo in the city, a house in the country, but never subject me to a box in the middle of a neighborhood with kids all over. That's the most horrible thing ever. I think hell is not fire and brimstone, but a minivan, a house in the burbs, a 9-5 desk job, 2.5 kids, and a mediocre wife. That is truly hell -- absolute mediocrity.

Beaverton is just one step up from the ghetto. I like the West Hills, Forest Heights, the Pearl District, Lake Oswego, the nice areas. Beaverton, Aloha, SE Portland, places like that are just bad...
  9. CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Let's see...it will take me 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get to Portland. So, depending on where the Amtrak stops (in Portland), how far, would you say, would I be from Hillsboro and this Evergreen theater?

Let's go folks---let's round up a whole herd of SW fan posse for this monumental event!

*The CoolHan [face_cowboy] mounts his trusty speeder bike, whips out his lasso, and begins to "gallop" after those SW younglings who have strayed from the fold---YE-HAW!*

EP3---yeah, you know it's coming... :cool::eek:=D=
  10. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, my friends and I are going to camp out at Santiam 11 in Salem if anyone wants to join us. Don't know when we are going to start, but I talked with my friend lst night and we decideed that we needed to since this is the last Star Wars Ever.
  11. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    SANTIAM 11 IS WHERE I GO EVERY YEAR!!! :D
  12. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    If we all can't meet at One theater. Just get your local group together. Form up, have a plan, and have fun. I plan on being at the Century 16 at Eastport with my gear and crew. Star Wars Trivial pursuit, a stack of Star Wars Insider magazines, and a deck of Sabacc cards and chips. Bring a chair and some blankets. Conversations are free! Hopefully they'll have portapotties out this time, lol...
  13. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Alas, we have all already conformed to our own ways because of never getting together and the cost is...NEVER GETTING TOGETHER!!! DundunDUN!
  14. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Eastport is a nice theater, very nice, just too far away from where I live and I wouldn't want to be on the East Side camping out for 24 hours. I just value my life too much and would like to live to see Episode III come to DVD. ;)

lol, j/k
  15. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I agree. But I have "camped" there for EPII, and for TTT, and LOTR. It wasn't too bad. I could make the trip to other theaters if I can't get a group for Eastport Century 16. Will have to see. Too soon, but a plan is in the works. Not like Seattle here you know.
  16. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I have great respect for the dude up in Seattle already camped since like the start of January.

I know a lot of people in the media and people in general think he's a total nerd, haha, but I think it's awesome. Star Wars fans are great.

I enjoy the whole waiting in line aspect. It may not be fun with Disneyland rides, but with Star Wars it's part of the experience, and always part of the enjoyment to me. I mean I have very fond memories of waiting in line for TPM, oh man, that was great. The sun was shining that day, it was nice out, I watched as they put the letting up for "STAR WARS," then I talked to fans in line for about 5 hours. It was great. I waited 24 hours for Episode II and that was even more fun. It had a total party atmosphere. It was fantastic. I can totally see waiting in line for a few weeks, if you had a great group of people there to hang out with. It's just like one big, super long party. What could be better?

I can't get Evergreen to clear us for waiting more than 24 hours, though. Last time they were stinkheads about it, they made a big deal (the witch who is the manager) about how they don't want people camping because they'd crap in the woods, pee all over, and litter -- I kid you not. She actually said that. I'm like, what the heck are you talking about? Nobody is going to do any of that, lol. I asked what is the absolute earliest time you will allow me to arrive. She at first acted annoyed and said, "Ugg, why can't you guys just show up in the evening, I don't get it... but if you must, you can come 24 hours early." So I was there about 23 hours and 45 minutes early, almost as early as we could get there. lol.

I admit the first 6-8 hours were ROUGH. I was there with my best friend and we tried to keep ourselves entertained, we had our fun, but in the dead of night it was still very cold indeed and there wasn't much activity. It got to be a lot of fun by noon or so, when people started showing up either to the line or other movies. Our line didn't get much bigger until about 2-3 p.m. though. It had about 8 people at noon I think. Obviously somewhere around 6-9 it started growing rapidly. I really look forward to doing all this again, but I am bummed it's the last time. Maybe if they re-release the movies later we can use that as another excuse to lineup, like the Special Editions, hehe.

But before all that I'm going to Indy for the Celebration, can't wait. I got my hotel room and plane tickets and all, Wed. - Mon. so I won't miss any of it.
  17. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    OK Larena, you want us to all get together.....here's the plan:

On Sunday, February 6th, at 6:53 PM, we should all find our "quite place". The place should be dark, and small....a closet would work fine. Take one candle and one match (this will take a bit of skill so follow these directions carefully)....take the match and light it. Use the lit match to light the candle. Now blow out the match and put it somewhere safe. If you are in a closet try not to light your cloths on fire.

Now, close your eyes and focus on the Force. Feel the Force....let it flow through you......Now reach out. Call upon all who is One with the Oregon Fan Force. Let the Force make us One. Let the Force bring us together.

If this works the way I foresee, we should all become One with the Force and One together. We may then start to chat and converse just like we are all in the same room.

So, this is the plan, so set your alarm clocks to remind you to go to your "quite places" at 6:53 PM on Sunday, sharp.

See you all on Sunday.
  18. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm very confused. Besides, they don't let me play with fire, I almost burnt the house down once. LOL, all I wanted to do was make a big pyramid type shrine of candles and see how cool it looked when they were all lit up!!!! It wasn't my fault I fell asleep and woke up to a huge fire on my desk!!! :p
  19. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    CONFUSED???

1. 6:53 pm, Sunday, Feb 6th.
    2. Quite place.
    3. One candle
    4. One Match
    5. Light candle with match.
    6. DON'T BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE.
    7. Focus on the Force
    8. Use the Force to contact everyone else doing the same thing at the same time.
    9. Have a fun chat through the Force.

Oh, and one more thing, just for Larena:

10. don't forget to blow out the candle when you are through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.