main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Where are you all going to go see it?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mystic_Warrior_Queen, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Mystic_Warrior_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    It seems like Every time Star Wars Fans go to the Odeon. may I ask why? the Odeon has hella crapy screens... What about Silver city? GREAT screens.

What is everyone going to dress up as?
    I might be going as Darth Vader or Pricess Liea not sure yet.

2. Aurra-Singg

Aurra-Singg Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    Why the Odeon? Simple. It's easy to get to for just about everyone.

SilverCity is a better facility, and I'll see RotS there at least once. But their lineup handling is awful, or worse, so for the premiere I too will probably hit the Odeon. (maybe see you there!)

Aurra

3. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    Traditionally I have gone to the Odeon to the last 2 premeires but right now I am currently in negotiations with viacom and the Silvercity management to have me and a couple other members from the 501st at the front door greeting all the other fans. Obviously I will be appearing in my DARTH VADER costume as I have for the last few functions around the city in the last couple of weeks.

Hope to see any eager costumed fans!!

Dave

4. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Can we get tickets yet, If so I'm definately going to Silvercity, It is the best theatre in victoria and I want to see ROTS the best it can be on a big screen (asied from the imax). then the next couple of times i see it I'll probably go to the odeon and capitol 6.

5. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I do enjoy seeing SW on the Silver City screens, unfortunately I find the crowds over there tend to be somewhat uncouth when it comes to seeing fans in costume. The Odeon is better. The Gauthiers (the managers) appreciate costumering attendees because they know it helps bolster advertising. And, yes, they manage the lineups far better.

So, I may wind up going to both theatres. Let me know which one you guys are going to opening night, and which show and I'll join you. Then follow up later with a showing at Silver City.

6. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Im gonna try and get tickets to the sneak preview, usually a midnight viewing for the last star wars i think.

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'll be at the Odeon, like last time. It was a midnight showing and they will definitely be doing that again.

*Derisa*

8. mazdawg69

mazdawg69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Anybody know when tickets will go on sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.