main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are you having the best luck finding collectibles in the Greenville area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 20, 2003.

?

Where are you having the best luck finding collectibles in the Greenville area?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Walmart

20.0%
  2. Toys 'r Us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Target

60.0%
  4. Kmart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kay Bee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nostalgia Newstand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ebay & Online Retailers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yard Sales

20.0%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I just go out of town

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
  2. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    It's been pretty close between Target and TRU for the newest wave of figures lately in Greenville. Target actually seems better about restocking new stuff lately, but a lot of their stuff is really beaten up. All of their figures have the same problems; almost like someone sat on the cases before they were ever opened for display. After a slow start, I've struck a couple of new figure jackpots at TRU. You just have to time it right because they don't last long there. Kmart hasn't shown me anything new, and Walmart is the bane of my existence, so I only go there at 2am when there aren't a lot of people there. K*B is still doing the $1.99 figure thing, which is nice as I've managed to pick up a few figures I likely would never have gotten at regular price.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I've been kinda miffed by the lack of Star Wars products here in Eastern NC. You're right Dal-Intrepid, Toys-R-Us seems to be the best place. A guy from Wal-Mart told me that the reason their SW stocks are low is because they're having to make room for all the new movie stuff. He said it will probably continue to dwindle until EPIII comes out. (Not fair, not fair)

Maybe a little force lightning would wake these places up.

4. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    would the force lightning make Walmart not ***k so bad?

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow! Walmart has actually stocked some new stuff! They had the new Research Droids, Ambush Tusken Raiders, and a few more Saga figures. Didn't see any Clone Wars Value packs though. Then I dropped in Target and they've restocked with some new stuff too - Hoth Han Solo, Acklay Obi-Wan Kenobi, Arena Confrontation Mace, and quite a few others.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Greenville Toys 'r Us now has the new Geonosian Fighters and Hailfire Droids, as well as the Battle of Hoth multi-packs with Hoth Leia, Hoth Luke, Chewie, some droid, and split-belly Tauntaun, and Tauntaun guts. Mmmmm . . . Tauntaun guts.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    OK, yes, it's a nice collectible. But I also have to give credit for an eye-catching marketing campaign . . .

Death Star Playset

8. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Please tell me that she comes with it!

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Greenville TRU has their lightsaber action packs on sale for $9.99 - that's three figures and a lightsaber.

They also finally got in the latest wave of Unleashed figures which has Han Solo, Yoda, and Boba Fett. They are incredible looking figures! $16.99 a piece.

10. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sunday at Toys-R-Us, I picked up the Ralph MacQurrie (sp?)Stormtrooper. Pretty cool. It has a lightsaber and a shield. I haven't bought to many 3.75" figures in the last 2 years, but I couldn't pass this one up.

JMK

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Was doing a little Christmas shopping last night and stopped by Target and picked up the same McQuarrie Stormtrooper and a Clone Wars Durge.

Walmart had the Ultra figures out of the Wampa, Threepio with Escape Pod, and General Riekaan. They all looked pretty nice as well.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Did anyone see the release information about the Collectors' Glass wave of figures? The glasses look pretty cool, though the figures just look like rehashes of figures we've already seen. I hope they're not ridiculously expensive as I'd like to get all the glasses to go with my set of vintage ones.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Picked up the huge 12" Leia on Speederbike at Target last night for $12.48. This is a great deal if you're interested! I also picked up the animated Clone Wars figures of Anakin and Mace - (the only two I saw). Hopefully they'll restock those shortly, I love the sculpt on these.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    If anyone happens by the Greenville Target and notices they have restocked some more Clone Wars Animated figures, please let me know. They're a Target exclusive and I'd like to pick up the rest to finish this first wave. Thanks!

Edit: I think the first wave is Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Asajj. I still need Obi-Wan & Asajj.

15. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, thats the first wave. I got lucky and saw all four at Target in Rocky Mount and picked em up. I love them!

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I went back last night and found Obi-Wan and Asajj, but it looked like somebody had sat on them while they were still in the case. They were both pretty crushed, so I passed.

17. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I just found out KB Toys is under bancruptcy and they are liquidating stock. You might find some stuff there.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Target has the second animated CW line out now. Durge was the only one they still had, but he was pretty beat up. I still need to pick up Obi-Wan and Asajj from the first wave, then I'll start on the next wave. They also have a lot of the stuff from the latest Saga wave, including R3PO, Jabba Barge Artoo, and a lot of other stuff.

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was in the Crabtree Valley Toys R Us in Raleigh last weekend the 12" Luke on Tauntaun was $30.98. They had four or five of them and they were all in really nice shape, much better than the ones in Greenville.

JMK - I remember you mentioned an interest in these if the price got reasonable. You might check the Greenville TRU and see what their price is now. Hopefully they're still not hanging on to that $50 tag which is ridiculous for something they can't move. I don't know if you planned on opening it or not, but if you want the packaging in good shape, then you might want to get hooked up in Raleigh instead.

20. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Dude, you were here? Should have let me know, We could have hung out! Anyway I took a look at KayBee toys, and all they have are Lego sets and board games in the Star Wars dept. Very few challenging ones, mostly for the little kids. Pretty slim pickins.

21. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    We are going to Raleigh on Sunday. I will have to check out the TRU.

Thanks for the info.

JMK

22. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Cool! Let us know if you decide to get it!

I was extremely tempted, but my wife and I were in Raleigh doing Valentine's stuff. We had just seen Les Miserables and were headed to dinner. We stopped off at TRU to look some things for Caitlyn's birthday and of course I had to swing by the SW section. I didn't want to drag a Star Wars purchase into our Valentine's evening, so I passed. Though the next time I head up there on a leisure trip, I may check on them again.

23. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    By the time we got finished at the car show and went and had dinner with my inlaws it was 8pm. No tauntauns for me.

JMK

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, the KB at Carolina East Mall is gone. I knew they'd be closing, but I didn't think it'd be that quick. I don't think they even had a Going Out of Business Sale, they just left. Maybe they just shipped their mess down to the outlet in Smithfield.

25. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Greenville TRU has a few figures from the latest Jabba wave, saw a Lando as Skiff Guard and the deluxe Jabba's Court Denizens with B'omarr Monk.

There was also a small SW clearance area directly behind the main SW display that had several 12" figures for $10, including Dengar, Zuckuss, Deluxe Battle Droid, and Imperial Officer. There were a few other things in the clearance area, but nothing too earth-shattering in selection or price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.