main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are you having the best luck finding collectibles in the Greenville area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 20, 2003.

?

Where are you having the best luck finding collectibles in the Greenville area?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Walmart

20.0%
  2. Toys 'r Us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Target

60.0%
  4. Kmart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kay Bee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nostalgia Newstand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ebay & Online Retailers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yard Sales

20.0%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I just go out of town

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    StarWarsShop.com opened today! Definitely worth checking out! They've got quite a few vintage items that were part of a "recent find in the Marketing archives" which they're offering at decent prices.

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Good find Dal. See you all Sunday at Five pm at BFof9's house

JMK

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh well. StarWarsShop.com was up for a few hours yesterday, but is now back down due to technical concerns:

From StarWarsShop.com

Message to Star Wars Fans and StarWarsShop.Com Customers
    Shortly after our new StarWarsShop.com opened Wednesday morning March 10, we received emails from several customers indicating that some transactional information on individuals? orders had been transmitted to others. We immediately shut down the shop, because security of information on orders sent by our fans is our top priority.

Our eCommerce partner, Analysts International, has assured us that no one?s personal credit card information was compromised.

We are very sorry?and surprised?that this problem occurred. We are working closely with Analysts International, which is responsible for handling the transactions on the site, to find out how this could have happened. We won?t reopen StarWarsShop.com until we are certain that this issue has been resolved.

As a result of the situation, we will not be processing any of the transactions placed Wednesday morning. You will need to place your order again when the shop reopens. All customers who placed an order before the site was taken down will be mailed a free set of Jedi movie patches and a $50 gift certificate to use for Star Wars merchandise on the site. We will give the entire Star Wars community sufficient notice before we relaunch the site.

Again, we apologize for the current situation and promise to keep you updated. We know that Star Wars fans want?and deserve?the very best, and we will continue to strive to ensure that our high standards are met.

On the negative side, I won't get my ROTJ poster until I reorder it. On the plus side, I'm getting a gift certificate for twice what I actually spent and still get the free patches. Woo-hoo!

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Stopped by Target last night after our FF meeting. As expected, the 2nd wave of CW Animateds are there, except for Yoda, which of course is the one I really want. They also have the new line of figures packaged with SW glasses. The only two they currently have are Darth Maul and Obi-Wan. Kinda sucks that they are re-packs of old figures, but the glasses do look kinda cool even if they are plastic. They also have the Geonosian War Room and Jedi Council 3-packs on the clearance rack for $13.98.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    FYI: The promotion for getting a free Silver Clonetrooper when you purchase $14.99 in Star Wars toys is going on. At the Greenville store, they're giving out rain checks for the clonetrooper as they have not received them yet. But with the rain check, they'll contact you when it arrives. I picked up an Unleashed Boba Fett for $14.99 to get my free clonetrooper.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Anybody looking for vintage ESB glasses? I went to the Raleigh flea market last Sunday and a guy selling lots of old promotional glasses had a few of the ESB glasses. (First row of sellers facing the Kerr Bldg. - his table was basically directly across from the Kerr Bldg.) He only had three of the four, but multiples of all of them. I didn't need them, but I wanted to see what they were going for. He tried to push them on me for $6 a piece, but I complained it wasn't even a full set. Then he offered 3 for $12 and I got him down to 3 for $10, which I thought was a good price. (It's comparable to ebay without the shipping). I almost got them for use as trade bait, but passed. But if anyone else is interested, they're in great shape with nice paint jobs with no chipping that I saw. A nice gentle wash and they'd look awesome!

7. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Toys 'r' us is pretty much where I go. I found a Windu lightsaber there. :)

-Newbie Calvin.

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Welcome CalvintheJedi. Are you from the Greenville area?

9. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Wutz up G-vill? Where's the best toy retailer in the state that also sells DVDs? Your wisdom is beseeched.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Obviously the Walmarts and Targets of the world have both toys and DVD's, but if you want strictly a toy retailer who also sells DVD's, then I guess I'd go with Toys 'r Us. They might be the best by default, since I don't believe KB sells DVD's and I can't really think of another toy retailer in the state. There's some Zany Brainy's up in the Triangle, but they're geared a little more towards educational toys and DVD's, though I seem to remember the DVD selection not being that large. My only beef with DVD's at TRU is that seem to be a bit higher in price than most other places and their selection is obviously geared more towards kids and family films.

11. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanks, Dal. I'm actively seeking the best place in the state that is willing to host a combined Fanforce and 501st invasion for the Trilogy release.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Good luck with that Don. Sounds like quite the undertaking.

My wife surprised me with a Clone Wars Animated Yoda for Easter. Just when I think she's not listening to my complaining about which figures I can't find, she sneaks back into the game! Tolerant wives rule!!

13. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Your wife rocks. Everytime I buy something Star Wars, I get that look in my wife's eye, like "you've got to be kidding" kind of look. However, she is pretty cool, I don't buy a lot of toys anymore, so the ones I do get, I really want and she understands that. Also, she has been pretty tolerant when it comes to my costuming. She's even helped me with my Royal Guard outfit and has volunteered to sew the patches on my Tie Pilot costume. TK armor would be cool, but I'm not going to push my luck. I'll just settle for a black or OD green officer's uniform and a Jedi Outfit.

Have a great week everyone, and happy hunting to all those who are searching.

JMK

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So who has received their 2004 Fan Club membership kits? The Ewoks animation cels were a nice touch. Isn't amazing how one man's junk is another man's treasure?

15. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I know I got mine. I have to say it's awesome!

Even though I left mine at home, I'm planning on putting the posters that I got from it up in my Dorm Room next year.

-UD

"Trainer of the Guard"

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I liked the posters too. I know they're just promotional posters to get us to buy more stuff, but I always find stuff like that cool.

What does your animation cel look like? Mine is an Ewok (judging by some images I found online, I'm pretty sure it's Wicket) walking off into the distance. All you can really see is his back and his cloak from behind. I like it a lot. I'll probably try to find an inexpensive frame to put it in.

17. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Mine is also Wicket. However his back is turned to where you can't see his face.

As soon as you find a frame let me know so that way I can frame mine ASAP!

Yours Truly,

UD

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes! StarWarsShop.com is finally coming back online this week!

From StarWars.com

StarWarsShop.com To Open This Week
    April 12, 2004

StarWarsShop.com, the anticipated official online source for Star Wars goods and exclusives, is planning to open its virtual doors this Wednesday, April 14 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Our ecommerce transaction partner, Analysts International, has been hard at work to ensure the site is fully safe, secure and meets the high quality standards that Star Wars fans demand and deserve.

If you placed a valid order on March 10 and received an order confirmation email, we are reserving inventory of limited quantity products for you for 48 hours after the Shop opens. You will be sent instructions by email on how to re-order these reserved items using your original order confirmation number. Please send an email to customerservice@starwarsshop.com with any questions.

See you at StarWarsShop.com this Wednesday!

19. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I received mine the other day (Dal did you get the message that I called?). Have to figure out a way to frame it. The white paper it is stuck to won't come off and is a little crooked. I don't want to cut it, so I may just need to buy a bigger frame. It was a nice suprise though.

JMK

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, it measures out around 12x11 (approximately), so I might pick up an 11x14 frame with an 8x10 matte. That'll give a little play room to center it myself. I don't really have a huge problem cutting mine and with the actual animation area so small, I've considered getting an 8x10 frame with a 5x7 matte and just trimming it to fit.

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh man! My wife's best friend from college gave me a life-sized stuff Ewok last weekend! Her dad was a distributor for Frito-Lay and it was something they got for some reason I'm not clear on. He had passed on some display stuff to me in the past, but finally decided to clean out some stuff and I ended up with the Ewok. My daughter tried to pull him off the couch last night and he almost crushed her! She keeps calling him a bear though. He's pretty big, so I'm trying to make some room for him. Apparently he was a limited edition of 3100, but she forgot the COA so she's gonna mail it to me. I'm gonna try to post a picture tomorrow.

22. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    "Say hello to my little friend!"

[image=http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/ewok.jpg]

Well, my package from starwarsshop.com has apparently vanished into some sort of odd computer void. The Fed Ex tracking number I got about two-three weeks ago has never worked on fedex.com and I finally tried a human operator yesterday and they couldn't find it either. I emailed customer service at the fan club store and they are sufficiently perplexed. They are going to "attempt a new search" and get back to me. This sucks. I really wanted that vintage ROTJ poster and they have been long since sold out. There really wasn't a lot more in the store that interested me so hopefully they'll figure out the problem.

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Picked up Admiral Ozzell, Bossk, and Tie Fighter Pilot at Walmart today. Also finally got my rain check filled for the free Silver Clonetrooper that TRU was giving away a few weeks ago. If anyone just wants to buy one straight up, they're $4.99, but you have to get it from the customer service desk.

On the down side, starwarsshop.com finally admitted they oversold the ROTJ poster I ordered and now I won't be getting it. Slackers.

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    If anybody is looking display cases, glass cubes, glass shelves, light wood shelves, etc. for putting your collectibles on, Uniques is going out of business. They're located at Stanton Square out by the hospital. I was in there yesterday and they have some nice display cases and shelves at pretty reasonable prices. She said they'd be open until July.

25. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Thanks for all the great info Dal. I may have to pick up one of those Clone Troopers. I made my own Admiral Ozzel 3.75" action figure and had Michael sign it at IQM I. He was really impressed and said it was one of the best likeness of him he has seen in an action figure. This is one of the few personalized items I have. Most of the rest of my collection is just autographs. He told me a cool story of how Ozzel was given the first name on Kendall (this info was given in a previous topic).

Again, thanks Dal for all the info.

Kevin

JMK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.