main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are you having the best luck finding collectibles in the Greenville area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 20, 2003.

?

Where are you having the best luck finding collectibles in the Greenville area?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Walmart

20.0%
  2. Toys 'r Us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Target

60.0%
  4. Kmart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kay Bee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nostalgia Newstand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ebay & Online Retailers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yard Sales

20.0%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I just go out of town

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Target has a lot of SW stuff on clearance - regular ROTS figures and Clone Wars Animated for around $5 and Unleashed figures for around $10.

Also, a lot of the ROTS promotional food items have hit the grocery stores. You can get posters or cookie jars with the right number of UPC's from a large number of Kellogg's products. Scope out the cereal and snack aisles. That's where a lot of it is.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Greenville's Walmart is getting one of the 48 Hours of Force tent events. That'll be pretty cool. I'll already be in Raleigh on Saturday, but I may drop by the Greenville one when I get back in town.

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Doh! Wrong Greenville. One day I will remember that everyone just assumes Greenville, SC when you talk to them. Smithfield and Cary will have the tents. Smithfield might actually be the better choice because that one is in the middle of nowhere. That one must do really well with all the surrounding small little towns, since there really isn't much else in that area.

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    My plan for me and my family on Saturday is this:

Saturday AM, be at the Cary WalMart to check out the tent.

Saturday MidDay, go to the RenFair at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh.

Saturday evening, troop as Darth Vader for the 7:00pm ROTS book signing by Mathew Stover at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh.

(Also to let ya'll know, Mathew Stover with be signing books at the Briar Creek WalMart in Raleigh at 2pm on Saturday)

JMK

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    What time do you think you'll be at the Cary Walmart? Christian and I are gonna hit Target and then we'll have time to kill. Maybe we could meet up in Cary and you can get a chance to meet Christian. We're all gonna be sharing a hotel room in Indy, we might as well meet beforehand.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Holographic Yodas should hit TRU on Sunday. Free with a $25 purchase. Spoke with someone on Friday and they still claimed they didn't know when they were coming in. It could turn into one of those deals where you get rainchecks until they come in.

7. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Master_Dante_Jarmeck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    has anyone stopped to check out the new hasbro lightsabers? theyre going all out this time, little yoda's with force training, anakin's with color change blade, but the one i bought was Obi-Wan's regular "light and sound" action, they also added a force feedback vibration system, dag, this thing has one hell of a motor in it! i dont know if its supposed to be a lightsaber or a vibrator! my only beef with it is that its not as responsive as the old ones, this one takes about 3 or 4 seconds between each "battle strike" still, not a bad buy.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
  9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Went by the theater Monday afternoon and asked if they had any leftover Father's Day "Who's Your Daddy?" posters and the manager hooked me up. If interested, you might try going by and asking. I don't know how many he still had as he had them in his office and I had to wait out in the lobby for him to bring it out. I think I read that participating theaters got a stack of a thousand.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    If anybody happens to be collecting the Burger King toys, I've been doing some trading over in the traders' forum to try and complete the set. Figured I'd throw this up in here just in case anyone local is trying to collect them. Not interested in buying or selling until the promotion is over.

Want/Needs

Podracer
    Landspeeder
    Jedi Starfighter
    Super Battle Droid
    Wampa
    Darth Maul

Extras to Trade - All sealed unless otherwise noted.

Jabba the Hutt
    Watto
    Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
    Mace Windu
    Tarfull
    Luke Skywalker (x2)
    Millenium Falcon (x2) (1 loose, 1 sealed)
    Princess Leia (loose)

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So did you get your ROTS DVD today? And if so, where and what exclusive? Since my birthday is in a couple of weeks, I'm on the "can't buy anything" moratorium from now through the end of the holidays because my wife hates when she gets me something and then realizes I already bought it. I did leave instructions to get ROTS at Walmart since I wanted the bonus DVD.

Also, I think the next series of Burger King SW toys starts up next week if anyone is interested.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Since I pretty much managed to finish Series 1, I guess I'll take a shot at Series 2. Prefer 1-for-1 trades and will trade 2-for-1 to get the Vader.

Want/Needs

Mace Windu
    Kit Fisto
    Emperor Palpatine
    R2-D2
    Bail Organa
    ARC Clone Fighter
    Rebel Snowspeeder
    Darth Vader

Extras to Trade - All sealed unless otherwise noted.

Queen Amidala
    Vulture Droid
    Yoda (x2)
    Anakin Skywalker
    Naboo Starfighter
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (x4)
    Chewbacca

I also have a few of the Series 1 toys left, mostly loose, but ask if you're looking for something specific since I'll probably have to dig through a box to find them.

Also KV, I still have an extra Naboo Starfighter pulled aside for Darth if he still needs it.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I attended an auction in Ayden today where there was supposed to be Star Wars "collectibles," but really it was more like Star Wars junk than collectibles. It was all TPM stuff and I probably spent more on gas getting there than I would've spent to actually bid on any of the items. My main beef is it was early on a Saturday morning and I love my late mornings in bed on weekends. I-)

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Target - Demise of Grievous Target exclusive action figure on clearance for $3.24, originally $12.99.
    Target - 500th figure Darth Vader in meditation chamber on clearance for $10.48, originally $14.99.
    TRU - Jedi Force Playskool Figures on clearance for $2.48, originally $8.99.
    TRU - Jedi Force Playskool Deluxe Luke on Spiderbike on clearance $3.48, originally $14.99.
    There's a few other things at both stores on clearance. I picked up a Demise of Grievous since it was an exclusive.

15. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    darn, stuff like this always when i have no money.

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    On Monday, September 4th ? Labor Day ? Master Replicas will team up with the Home Shopping Network to bring a number of Star Wars Replicas to television, as a part of HSN?s launch of the theatrical-release version of the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. Star Wars enthusiasts all over the United States will be able to call in to order FX Lightsabers, Scaled Replicas, Studio Scale Replicas, and more!

The segments ? slated to air 2-3 am and 8-10 pm on Monday ? will feature numerous Star Wars Collectibles, with a focus on Master Replicas? authentically detailed prop replicas. Die-hard enthusiasts and casual Star Wars fans alike will be sure to find something that they like ? to add to their collection, or to start a brand-new one!

I like some of the Master Replicas stuff, but it's a bit much for my budget. Still, I may check in to see if anything really catches my eye. [face_money_eyes]

17. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Target Exclusive General Grievous Unleashed figures have been marked down from $20 to $10. They look pretty sweet in that large "tube" packaging like most of the other Unleashed exclusives.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The Best Buy exclusive Code 3 Collectibles Limited-Edition, Serial-Numbered Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Poster Sculpture is on sale for only $19.99 at Bestbuy.com! They are limited to only 5,000 pieces and still available at the CODE 3 website for $59.99, so the Bestbuy.com price is a sweet deal!, plus there's free shipping.

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The Hallmark beside Barnes and Noble has the Luke/Yoda Christmas ornament on clearance for $3! There's also some Harry Potter and Narnia ones in there too if anyone is into that stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.