main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where are you, Marshall?! <The Official Lucasarts Outlaws Thread>

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by wesjanson1138, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    This game is awesome. I haven't seen any threads devoted to it, so I decided it needs a place in the JC, since it so richly deserves one. The plot was great, the multiplayer was AWESOME (and balanced) and...well...just come and help me rave about it.

OFFICIAL SITE

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outlaws/b10.gif]

2. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Heh, this thread made me download the demo.

If I could find this game anywhere, I'd get it.

3. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    The Lucasarts website has it, but it's a bit more than one might consider paying for an old game. Buy it here.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    outlaws was the best game.
    they need to make a new updated version.

5. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    The LEC store doesn't ship overseas to Norway, so no luck with that. :(

Guess I'll have to look around in bargain bins.

6. Bugbite

Bugbite Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I loved this game!

I think there was only about nine or so levels in the main game, but it was so engrossing that you hardly cared. It had so many great touches - my favourites being lighting sticks of dynamite with your cigar, and the cutscene where the Marshall finally catches up with Doctor Death.

I used to play it occasionally over a LAN - one of my friends always used to light some dynamite just before he'd die so he'd take anyone trying to steal his ammo with him. 'Kill the Fool with the Chicken' (KFC) multiplayer games were fun, too.

And I still think it had the best soundtrack of any FPS I've ever played.

7. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    Ah yes, dynamite. Multiplayer gets VERY crazy when you're running around Hargrove's Pattern Repair with 4 or 5 people playing Kill the Fool.

Haha, when I was playing OUtlaws last, the other member of the LAN parte made me only use Knives and Dynamite, and they played Me vs. Them. It was nuts.

And I concur regarding the soundtrack :D

8. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    and the cutscene where the Marshall finally catches up with Doctor Death.

That cutscene was by far the best in the entire game. I never really got to play multiplay because everyone I knew didn't have the game. Oh well..... But I definitely agree with you guys as far as the soundtrack goes. By far one of the best I've ever heard.

9. Bugbite

Bugbite Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I've had 'Anna's Theme' (Track 5 on the first CD) running through my head ever since I found this thread.

I just remembered something else - the secret 'Indiana Jones' level. I can't remember how you got to it, but it was a level where you had to get past a number of death traps to find the golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

10. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    It was in Historical Missions, I remember, in Marshall Training. You had to do something...There was a secret place with aliens and a cow, and the dog with sunglasses. Also Max the Rabbit, and those spiders. Doh! I can't remember exactly where it begins...

11. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    The Secret Place with the Aliens and the Cow was the first level, was'nt it? :p
    You threw a stick of dynamite into the Toilet, and it opened up a secret underground passage, where you'd eventually run into their UFO.

12. Bugbite

Bugbite Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I freaked out the first time I found that UFO and looked in the window. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.