Where are you planning on seing AOTC and when?

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Coolguy4522, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think I am going to go to Jordon Commons (the one off Bangeter) for the midnight showing. I can't stay in line very long because I have 2 AP test that day.
  2. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Don't these schools realize to have their tests on other days rather than the opening day of Star Wars? I mean really, how much pressure can you put on these kids?

Schools these days.
  3. DESERTJEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll probably take the day off and take my eight year old boy, we'll probably see it at jordan commons too. two or three times :D
  4. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Most likely Jordan Commons(Landing?) the one off of Bangerter, or Hollywood Connection by the E Center. I would go to Century 16, but I think that the other theaters in town are better. Century 16 has gone downhill IMHO. Either way, I will definitely take the day off from work.
  5. DESERTJEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    what about the Gateway, how are their theater's. I haven't had a chance to go there for a movie.

Edit: Does anybody have any recomendations on the best theater to see AOTC.
  6. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is the Gateway? I have heard of it, but I am not sure where exactly it is.
  7. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everyone,

Just to clarify...

Jordan Landing is the theater off of Bangerter and Jordan Commons is the one on 90th and State.

EDIT: Spelling error ;)

Later,
  8. DESERTJEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    The gateway is to the west of the Delta Center downtown.
  9. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Gateways theaters are big and great. Well that's what people I work with tell me. If I'm still working at my job I'm at now, I'll see it at Hollywood Connections or I'll pay someone to stand in line for me to get me tickets elsewhere.

I only saw TPM at Century 16 and I can't remember it that well so I don't know how it is.
  10. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I used to assistant manage/ manage two of the theatres here in Salt Lake. So I know my theatre stuff :) If Jordan Commons shows it on their Mega Screen (which assume they probably will) that would be your best bet. The Gateway and Hollywood Connection are pretty comparable in quality- course the Gateway is a lil newer (but a pain in the @$$ to get to and park, blah , blah , blah) All others I would put on hold unless you hate to travel or (dare you admit) just dont care that much about theatre quality. - Cheers!
  11. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yea, I meant Jordan Landing. I saw TPM at the Sandy dollar theaters before they were the dollar ones. I didn't have to stay in line that long either. But this time I want the full experiance.
  12. Mcily_Nochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll probably go to Gateway with my friends because I go to West, and Gateway is only a few blocks away. It's a super theater, and there are lots of fun places to hang out beofrehand, like the California Pizza Kitchen, which has superb pizza. *licks chops at the memory* That's where I saw LOTR . . . both times. :)
  13. Ace_Rockolla Jedi Padawan

I am thinking about seeing it at the Century 16. They have 2 (i think) really large screens that really make movies fun to see. I was able to catch LOTR there, and it was great. Also, I think I might finally try fandango to get tickets early.

Dose anyone know how the Century 16 big screens compare to the Jordan Common's Megascreen? I would interested in finding out, because I couldn't imagine not seeing AOTC on the largest screen possible. -Ace_Rockolla
  14. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know that the Jordan Commons Mega Screen is at least twice the size of anyhting else in the valley. I actually think that the next biggest screen is the Carmike Villa theatre near cottonwood mall. Its just a one screen theatre but it is quite large and kinda fun.
  15. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    What about the big one at Jordan Landing. I haven't been to the one at Jordan Commons, but I saw the Time Machine movie at JL and that screen was pretty big.
  16. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jordan Commons has the IMax which is larger than any screen built. I know of 2 in Utah and that's in St. George and Jordan Commons. I know they have to use different film to show it up on the screen.

I'm game for a trip to St. George. :D
  17. Mcily_Nochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the Villa! It's very fun, and usually not too crowded, since it only shows once movie at a time.
  18. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Villa would be cool, I drove past there the other day. I think it's still showing LotR.
  19. Count_Saruman Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw LOTR at a midnight showing at the Gateway. the show was to start at midnight and it didn't get up for 30-35 minutes. They started it then the sound cut out. DOH!IMHO the presentation is not the best. Lordan Landing has a big screen that is just beautiful. It seats SO many people as well. I think that is the place to go.
  20. StarWarsManiaMan71 Jedi Padawan

:) I plan on seeing ATOC the first weekend and in Vancouver, Washington. Planning on moving to SLC later this year. :D

Kids you can play extinct later. [face_laugh]
  21. StarWarsManiaMan71 Jedi Padawan

22. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome-- we'll look forward to adding another one to our ranks!
  23. JohnDill17 Jedi Padawan

I'm brand new to the forum.

For my money, Jordan Commons in Sandy is the best theater. It is there that I wish to see Ep II at midnight (unless I can get hooked up to see it sooner).
  24. kenscanucks Jedi Padawan

Would anybody be interested in forming a carpool road-trip to Las Vegas to see AOTC on the digital screen in the Century at Sam's Town? Just thought I'd ask.
  25. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Most of us work pretty rigidly. Fortunatley I'm friends with my boss so I way be able to swing that- I'd love to. Maybe not opening night though- dont want to risk driving all the way down there and no getting in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.