Where are you planning on seing AOTC and when?

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Coolguy4522, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You'll forgive me if I brag for just a minute, right? I'm going to the charity premier at Tribeca Theater in NYC on the 12th with my dad. HEHEHEEEEE! I'll be done with all the AP tests and everything so I feel your pain, coolguy. What tests are you taking? I've got English and Art Hist.

But here, I think I'll go up to Tinseltown or Cineplex in Layton. That's where I saw Harry Potter and LotR. Great theaters!

BTW, anyone know when tix go on sale here?
  2. DarthScud Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was thinking about going to Jordan Commons, but I double checked my gift certificates there and they expire on the 15th. I think it's a conspiracy.
  3. TheGarbageMan Jedi Knight

I am Coolguy, BTW. I am now split over where to go. Some of my friends want to go to the Gateway, but I think I want to see in on the Jordan Common's big screen. Is it the same one as the IMAX, or a different one?

When do tickets go on sale? I heard it was May 6.
  4. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    A guy at my work owns a theatre so he's giving us a special screening. Vegas would be cool. If you did it that weekend I'm sure more people would be able to come
  5. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Jordan Landing Mega Screen is a step down from the IMAX screen. The IAMX films are shot on diffrent stock and are shown at a different aspect ratio than regular 32mm films - (the normal kind we see).
  6. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've got plans on seeing it with the Provo people. :D
  7. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm going to see it with some mayo_verede... hahahhahaha
  8. TheGarbageMan Jedi Knight

So they will be showing it on the IMAX then?
  9. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  10. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really dont think so. There is no info about Lucas making a film transfre to that format. If he did that news would be huge and we would have heard. Virtually no 35mm films get shown in IMAX.
  11. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just got my tickets today. Got them at the Hollywood Connection theater at about 1:00. Opening night at 7:00. Oh yeah!
  12. TheGarbageMan Jedi Knight

Well I just got 2 tickets at Jordan Commons in Sandy for the 12:00am Showing, but they had sold out the big screen so I settled for one of the smaller screens, I can always see it in the big one later. I saw TPM 3 times in the theater, and I was thinking of going a total 5 times for AOTC, but that is going to be a little expensive.
  13. sithslayer99 Jedi Padawan

I am seeing at Jordan Commons at Midnight wed. night. Can't wait.
  14. Count_Saruman Jedi Knight

star 1
    midnight at the Gateway.
    12:20 pm (thursday) @ Jordan Landing...
  15. Lady Kenobi Jedi Knight

midnight opening day on the super screen at Jordan Commons, then 12:10p same place but regular screen

I'll be in Jedi garb and one of my friends is going in Padme's sleevless black dress from AOTC (it's in the trailers where she's standing in front of a fireplace)

Almost exactly 36 hours to go!
  16. TremontiFan23 Force Ghost

star 3
    12:01 am Jordan Commons
    3:00 am Jordan Commons Super Screen

I originally just got tickets to the Midnight showing about two weeks ago, but my friend went about a week ago and they were sold out, so he got 4 to the 3:00 am Super Screen and traded me a midnight for a 3 am, so I'll be seeing it twice and then taking an AP Psych test, fun fun fun.

3 am, bad memories of matchbox twenty

[shudders]
  17. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey to everyone that will be at Jordan Commons for the midnight show tomorrow night. While we are all there- we should hang out a bit and get to know eachother... I'll probably be at the theatre at 6-7am tomorrow morning to get in line for seats...the doors open at 10 am so well be outside for a while- I heard that some will be staying tonight outside too- If youre up for that -go for it...I like my bed :) Ill be wearing black pants and a ROTJ t-shirt (the THX video cover) maybe a 70's style brown leather jacket if it is chilly. Come find me and we'll chat. "Begun this Clone war has!"
  18. TheGarbageMan Jedi Knight

I don't think I will be able to wait in line until 7 pm, but I will be sure to come over and get in line with you, ;) just make sure you have a big TF.N sign or something.
  19. Lady Kenobi Jedi Knight

Well I like my bed too...though now you've got me worried what with people already camping out. I'm guessing I might be there sometime tomorrow morning to around noon.

Will they actually let us wait inside? That would be nice.

Sheesh I've got to get home and finish the last bits on my costume, all the sudden time is moving superfast! (a good thing :))
  20. darth_toad Jedi Knight

star 1
    Got my Tix for the Hollywood connection showing at 7:30 opening day. I saw the last showing of the first day for tpm at the layton theaters which was hella crowded.

Hope to see some of you there. I will be in Sith Attire.

TOAD
  21. TremontiFan23 Force Ghost

star 3
    What theater will you be lining up for Allen?
  22. Darth Blob Force Ghost

star 1
    Well, my sister got in line last night at Jordan Commons for the midnite show... She said she was in the third group there. I'll be getting there a little late, probably about 9pm or so, so that the baby-sitter doesn't have stay too overly long. Not sure exactly what I'll be wearing.
  23. Darth_Rumz Jedi Padawan

Hmmm... I have 2 tickets for a midnight showing at the Jordan Commons (not the superscreen, but a THX theater). I actually work at the Commons office building so I may wander over to see who's camped out already. I plan on taking some shots with my digital camera, I'll have to see if I can find some of you people from this chapter/thread based on the descriptions you've given ;)
  24. Count_Saruman Jedi Knight

star 1
    About the IMAX:

I hear that Lucas is planning an IMAX version for the fall. I think I read it here on the force.net. That means that Larry H theatres will most likely get it.
  25. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you take digital pictures of any of "us", see if you can't pass them on to Sean because he's going to build our chapter website and it would be awesome to have some stuff to put up already. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.