main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Where are you seeing the Midnight show of Episode 3?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by CaptKieranFlar, May 11, 2005.

?

Where are you seeing the Midnight show of Episode 3?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Century Park Place

9.1%
  2. Century 16

9.1%
  3. Century El Con

63.6%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not seeing Midnight show.... :-(

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
  2. CaptKieranFlar

Dec 14, 2001
    After you vote, post down here the showing you are going to, and if you will be in costume or not.

I will be at the Century 16 plex, dressed classic jedi with my custom lightsaber. If I get some free time I might make a few spares for anyone who needs one.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    We will be at El Con, my fiance and I. I have friends going to all the other theaters as well though. We have custom sabers that we just finished making. Along with belts that Mugen made for us that are really great!!

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh yes, we will be in costume!

5. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    ...someone say Mugen!!?? Yep, 12 am primiere. Cant wait...and it doesn't stop there...we have the Fan Assmbly afterward at IHOP to look forward too as well. I have a group of Jedi going to the Foothills mall for the 11:58 primiere, and hope to meet up with a group of others...we will try to make up some fliers to hand out regarding the get to gether following the big 3 and maybe recruit some fresh meat for the machine!

6. CaptKieranFlar

Dec 14, 2001
    Foothills mall! Thats the one I forgot!

*slaps head*

7. President_Scroob

President_Scroob Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2003
    me and like 10 other kids are going to go see it at Elcon, im not sure about dressing. were seeing the 12:10 showing

8. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    yeah I will be at Elcon as well.

9. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    El Con, 12:10, I want to be in costume but all I have is a cloak, nothing else, it's a black one so I could be Sith or Luke in ROTJ.

Who put not seeing at midnight? What kind of fan could put that on here? That's heartbreaking.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I believe Vangorian has to work that night. I almost missed it myself. I could not get out of work, but I finally found someone to cover my shift and managed a couple of the last few 12:10 tickets at El Con before it sold out.

11. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Just curious. Have all the midnight shows in Tucson sold out?

I live in the Seattle area and get to see the midnight show at the Cinerama (huge freakin screen, awesome sound, best theatre ever (tickets for this theatre and show went for $85 on ebay)).

Although I live near Seattle, the semi-rural type area I live in is not even close to being sold out for the midnight show, but as far as I know all Seattle theatres are.

I used to live in Tucson (28 years), moved to Seattle area 4 years ago. Saw the midnight show of Phantom Menace at Gateway by WalMart when that was one of the best theatres in town and way before Park Place was remodeled.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    no, they are not all sold out yet, I think four theaters are showing it, the Century 16, El Con, Park Place, and Foothills.

13. GoG

GoG Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I keep seeing you all say "12:10" "12:10" my tickets say 12:01, el con...???

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you got the better show. there are three El Con showings, :01,:10, and :20 after midnight. I think only foothills did all of their shows at :01. That is why with the staggered showings we are giving an approx time for the IHOP gathering, as we don't want to leave anyone out.

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    My ticket says 1158pm, on the 18th. :)

I hope all of you can make it to the after fan assembly...there we can talk abut the future of the TFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. GoG

Feb 12, 2005
    I get off at 5 pm. Think if I get there at 6 pm, Ill be near front of line for 12:01 showing? or should i pay my dad to sit there all day, OR being that its that late, I can get there like 9

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I would call the theater and ask, they may have a specific time that they allow people to start lining up. I myself am curious to know that time, I want good seats, everyone kept saying why wait in line get your tickets at Fandango. I can't believe they all forgot you still have to get there early for good seats. A trajedy to have to be on the front several rows.

18. GoG

Feb 12, 2005
    I got my tickets off of fandango like 3 weeks ago. I went 2 days later and got them. Ive physicaly had my tickets for 2+ weeks. Yeah, I will call them to make sure

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that is so awesome for you, I was out of state the entire month of April on family business with no way of purchasing on Fandango. So I got mine on like May 2, by then the 12:10 was the next available showing at El Con. I am curious though. Where are the digital theaters in town. I don't have a clue.

20. GoG

Feb 12, 2005
    Only digital theater in ARIZONA is the one in chandler... that harkins theather when you first enter "phoenix"

I was at CELEBRATION III until that sat night, and bought the tickets on the morning... of like the 28th or whatever day it was.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay, so that means a drive up to chandler at some point to see it there.

22. GoG

Feb 12, 2005
    We (friend and I) are going up there 10 days after the midnight showing. To see the digital version

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think I will have to wait till some time in June and then do that as well. I will make that where I take my kids to see it.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am wondering if anyone is up for taking some fliers to Park Place theater and Century 16 with them on Wednsday night. I am going to take fliers to El Con and Mugen is going to take fliers to Foothills, but we don't have the other two theaters covered yet. It would just be handing them out at random, or putting on a few cars windshields so they know about the gathering at IHOP so we get a few more interested people. Let me know if you are up for this. Also, I am curious if anyone has come up with ideas yet for where we can meet?

25. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Yup, all fliers are made up and are ready to be handed out...we need some assistance from our TFF bros, and sis's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.