main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Where can I find Star Wars posters in Ottawa?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jaster99, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaster99

Jaster99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm looking for full-sized original trilogy movie posters approximately 27" x 40" or 24" x 36". I'd also like to know where I can find contemporary, poster frames complete with clear cover and backing board.

Thank you.

2. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    For the Posters try http://www.toysonfire.com/

For the frames Try Ikea, or Michaels both are in the Parkdale mall by the 417

3. Jaster99

Jaster99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    I hadn't heard of Toys On Fire before.

I looked at the frames at Michaels. 27" x 40" frames are about $40 each. I'll try Ikea.

Thanks.

4. Minder

May 28, 2002
    If you get off at 40 bucks each for a frame your getting really lucky. Typically there closer to 100$

5. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Have you checked Zellers or *gasp* WalMart for the frames?

6. Jaster99

Jaster99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    Yes, I've checked both Zellers and Wal-Mart. The largest frames they sell are 24" x 36". I bought a few of those.

I need 27" x 39", 27" x 40" and 27" x 41" frames. I called IKEA today and (after they converted the dimensions from inches to centimeters) was told that they sell 27" x 39" frames from $29.99 to $49.99.

I've found a website called Frame USA. They have the frames that I'm looking for and for a lower price, but the person that I spoke with on the phone wasn't able to give me an accurate quote for the freight charges. She said it might be between $20 and $30 USD. I figure that I will also have to pay duties. So for the number of posters that I'm buying, I'm looking at spending well over $200 on frames alone.:eek:

7. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Ouch!!

I have a monster subway style poster that needs something before it goes up on the wall. I'm dreading how much that will cost all by itself.

8. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Have you thought about using some Trim from your local Home Depot, and some clear plastic to make your own?

9. Jaster99

Jaster99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    I ended up ordering fewer posters than I originally planned. So I'll be spending about $130 USD on posters, plus freight and duty charges.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.