main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where can I find the Farlander Papers story?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by pat-fett, Jul 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    First I was under the impression the one I'm giving the scan to when I'm finished will have a website to get host it on. Hold your horses, were only doing this because of the rarity of the farlander, and stele novellas. So don't go off and scan that dark forces book, since it's sold and most people have easy access to it.

2. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Do you have any idea who can host it for you?

3. Snubfighter_Jock001A

Snubfighter_Jock001A Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2001
    I don't need to scan the dark forces story... its in text format. if anybody does not have it and they want it, i would be glad to email it to them... just send the request to my email adress put up on the last post... you'll get it.

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I still don't think you should do that LFL's got the rights on that story, and DH still currently sells the TPB. If they catch you with that pirate copy, you could get in big trouble and I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to incur Dave Land's wrath if I was you, ;).

5. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    I like what you guys are doing, please tell us the address when you have the two online. Also, sending out a book that's still in print (Dark Forces) is certainly inappropriate and probably illegal. Don't announce that you're planning to do so on these boards, as i've heard that LFL officials lurk here and i doubt they'd take exception to that. My best recommendation is not to distribute it in the first place. The last thing i'd like to see is a fellow fan get into trouble over something like this.

Stele Chronicles and Farlander Papers, on the other hand, were never collected into print, and these novellas encourage ppl to go out and buy the games or to play them again. I paid in full to get the LucasArts SW Collection, but all mention of the novellas was missing in the manual.

6. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Yeah, besides, any book that can be taken from your public library or bookstore with ease is not a book to be scanned.

I just need to know where the X-wing/TIE Fighter novellas are being posted.

7. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Please hurry! How long can it possibly take to post these things. I'm dying here!!

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You, try to find time to scan 90 pages with of text, one at a time? when I got other things that are more important to my time?

Just be patient, and I'll send them off, but it will take some time.

9. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Oh yeah. I forget sometimes that other ppl have lives. ;)

10. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    You mean the Stele Chronicles are 90 pages?!? Or is it Dark Forces?

Either way, I'm patient. More so than, say?...Skrak. ;)

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Stele chronicles, and farlander papers are both about 90 pages each. Thankfully someone else is scanning the stele chronicles.

I won't scan dark empire because that can easily be bought by anyone, I won't be taking money from LFL, by cheating them of that.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'd like the farlander papers and the Stele(sp?) chronicles.

13. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    That story could very well be a whole graphic novel. I'll pass on it, but thanks. :)

14. Snubfighter_Jock001A

Jun 14, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up. In that case, i will not be email the story to anybody. I did not even know it was still for sale.
    I just thought it might be nice for someone who does not have the story to get it... and free is still better than paying money.

Anyway, i also urge on the other sories... if i had them and a scanner i would offer to do half the book or something... but i don't.

Anyhoo...

15. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Well, at the moment, the Dark Forces books are still very much in print.

16. Big_Gizz

Big_Gizz Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Greetings people! I'm finally back from my vacations so I've just finished scaning the Stele Chronicles. Sorry it took so long, but here it is at last. I've just sent the files to Bubba ('cause I only have his email) so please contact him to find out how to get them (I think he is gonna post them on-line). I'm really glad I was able to help by sharing this great story with you all. Enjoy!

May the Force be with you!

17. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Great.

Val...you may wanna just scan the parts of the Farlander Papers that no one can easily get anywhere else, since 98% of it is in the X-wing strategy guide anyway. They can go buy that.

18. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I am so happy. I just scored the entire Stele Chroicles off e-bay. Pretty much the same way Val did the Farlander Papers. I also went out and bought the X-wing guide. So like Strum said all you need to scan is the hard to find part.

19. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    pat, that is also how I got my Stele Chronicles. The good thing about that is that it's in almost every single box of the disk version of TIE Fighter. I originally read part of it when it came out, then finally bought my own copy earlier this year.

Hey, you see in that one pic, the starship that Maarek and that other guy flee on from the Star Destroyer? Doesn't it remind you of a certain Battlestar Galactic starfighter, maybe with a shorter nose...? ( If anyone can remember that show, from like 1978-80. )

20. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Hey, thanks Big-Gizz! Somehow, my connection isn't working at the moment, but when it does, I'll check it out!

I don't really have a site to put it on, but you guys can simply ask me for the Stele stuff, thanks to Big_Gizz, of course. :)

21. Snubfighter_Jock001A

Jun 14, 2001
    If somebody would be willing to send me a copy of the stele cronicles i could put them on the internet. Its not exactly a website that i have going, but it will work for distribution purposes... I'll tell more (like the adress) if and when i get the chronicles, for the time being, there is nothing on the site for you people to do there, so you'll just have to wait.

the_squirrel243@hotmail.com is my email.

22. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I should get it in a few days. I am intriged(SP?) by the Battlestar Galatica comparison. I'll let you know my thoughs when the game arrives.

23. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Hell yes. I found the Farlander Papers last nigt on E-bay bought using the buy it now option check it out.

FarlanderPapers

The funny thing is I had given up my serch for the original X-wing game and was looking for classic SW comics. I found it under the search of classic Star Wars. I was beaming from ear to ear after I bought it.

24. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Heehee, anyone still want it?

25. Big_Gizz

Big_Gizz Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    I do! I do! I only own the X-Wing Collector's CD-Rom and I want to read what's missing in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.