main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where can we all hook-up?

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by insane ewok, Dec 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I live in Augusta. Any other fans here? I doubt there are, because I've never met any othere serious fans here.

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    One of our members usually makes the trek from Augusta. And I believe we had another Augusta person come in during our last meeting. You are more than welcome to come join us, as well.

Or maybe they'll drop by the boards and you guys can set something up more locally.

3. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Maybe I'll be able to do that sometime. Perhaps I'll start a thread in the Atlanta section for Augusta collectors since there's no seperate board.

4. DarthZep

DarthZep Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    How's it going? I live in the metro Atlanta area and have been looking for a SW fan club to join. I saw that their have already been several meetings and was wondering when and where the next was going to take place.

5. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Funny you should ask. We're having a BBQ, tomorrow. (There's a notice on another topic post here and something in the FanForce announcements area.) We're asking that everyone bring some sort of side dish and $3 to cover the cost of meat.

We normally meet the 3rd Saturday of the month at various locations. Next big event after tomorrow is DragonCon.

Our fearless City Rep, Minacia Brightstar, will probably wander by here at some point, today, and can fill you in further. You can also look for one of her previous posts and send her a private mail and she'll get back to you.

Hope you can make it tomorrow on such short notice!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    *Wanders by and sees newcomer*

Oh, hello and welcome! :)

We are indeed having a BBQ tomorrow afternoon. It will begin at 4 p.m. As RosieWook said, we are asking everyone who is attending to bring a $3.00 food contribution.

If you are interested in attending tomorrow's BBQ, you can contact me via e-mail (minacia@fanforce.net) or you can send me a private message. I will give you driving directions and any other information you need.

We are planning on getting together at Dragon*Con, as well. There should be an announcement about when and where we will meet by Monday or Tuesday.

If you are interested in joining our mailing list, click HERE. Members of the mailing list are usually the first to receive important announcements, and most of the behind-the-scenes insanity takes place there. ;)

If you have any questions, please contact me. :)

7. DarthZep

DarthZep Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    Sorry I couldnt come to the BBQ on Saturday. Had to work. :( I probably wont be able to make it to DragonCon either. Work again :( . But I joined the mailing list so that I could keep up with info on future meetings.

What kind of things do you do at the meetings
    (socialize, sacrifice ewoks [face_mischief] etc.) Well I'll try to keep in touch.

8. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, so far, we have managed to eat a lot, talk a lot, play video games, and burn origami x-wings.

Other than that, we're just your normal, everyday fan group. :D

9. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    RosieWook described what we do perfectly. :D

I hope you can make it to our September meeting, DarthZep. The meeting information will be posted as soon as we decide on a meeting location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.