main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where Dark Things Walk (Xan, Qui-Gon, OC fic) Updated 10/27/05 New Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Pixel, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Hello poppets. In case you haven't noticed, today is Sunday not Saturday. There's a reason the post is late, but even I have to admit it's kinda silly. I spent so much time writing it out in my head that when I went to do so, I wrote the next post cause I thought I'd already written this one out [face_blush]

The good news is that the next one won't be late cause I already wrote it and I made this one particularly long. I'm kinda proud of this one, so I hope you enjoy it.

Agent_Jaid Thanks for the complements. Glad you like it!

VaderLVR64 I like the title too :p

And now the post!

The two combatants eyed each other warily, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Xanatos snapped into a defensive stance that he realized a moment later, with a touch of annoyance, Qui-Gon had taught him. Noticing and taking advantage of the moment of distraction, the Mandalorian summoned forth from the depth of his bracers, a cyndrical tube that for one horrible moment looked like a lightsaber.

In the next however, it was revealed to be a far different weapon. With the flick of a wrist the tube lengthened into a staff which the larger man spun once in his gauntleted hands. Xanatos eyed the staff incredulously wondering how his opponent could possibly hope to counter his blade with a metal staff until he swung it into an upward salute and said, "Cortosis weave is a wonderful thing eh?"

Stunned, Xanatos only had a moment to register the comment before the Mandalorian struck. Belatedly he realized that the lined armor he could see bulging beneath the Republic facade could be of the Mandalorian variety.

For the first time in a long time, he began to feel fear. This wasn't a regulated temple match; wasn't even a normal battle that one might encounter on a mission. This was the fight of a lifetime, the kind that only came around once and could never be had again. It was the perfect test to hone his command of the Dark, and to learn the dark pleasure of allowing his hatred to fuel his strength.

As blade and staff clashed in a titanic cacophony of noise, grunts, and wills straining to be the victor, the Dark Jedi bared his teeth in savage joy. Sinking into the Dark side, he pressed the other at a ferocious pace, rage quickening his every move, strengthening every stroke of his blade.

The object of his efforts didn't seem to mind though. He met any and everything the Telosian threw at him and gave it back with interest. He seemed to thrive on challenge, feed on Xanatos' rage, and revel in pain, regardless of whether it was his or the fallen Jedi's. Flashing a grin that mirrored the one he'd been given only moments before he murmered, "Really, is that all you got Jedi? All this time I thought you lot were a bunch of big-shots protected by some mystical evergy field. Turns out you're just a bunch of looney, long-haired weaklings in funny clothes."

Fury filled Xanatos' so white hot that it treatened to consume him. He hated being made fun of, ridiculed, looked down upon. It didn't seem to matter where he went, or how powerful he became, someone always seemed ready to dare to challenge him. When he'd been small it had been the other Jedi initiates, even though he was superior in birth. When he became a Jedi padawan it was criminals, bandits, and other lawless fools who dared to set themselves against him. And now, after all that had happened, all he'd been through, everything he'd cast off in pursuit of ultimate control and supreme power, still beings set themselves in between himself and his goals.

The room was dark. On one side an elderly gentlemen stood, fervor burning in his eyes as he beheld a young midnight blue-eyed man that stood, slightly trembling before him. "There are other ways you know. Other paths that you might take, my son. You needn't blindly follow the ways of the Jedi. It was a mistake to let you go, to let them take you and twist your mind. I see that now. Join with me, add your power to mine and our might will be like nothing

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
  3. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    Hi guys. If you're wondering where I went too, I've been very sick this week starting on last sat. I'll have the post up tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay,

Pixie

4. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    Sorry for the delay guys, post today or tomorrow I hope!

5. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    *bows gracefully*

Hi Master! I'm really enjoying this story. Love the way you get into Xan's head, and how even though he's already left the Jedi, he's just starting to get to know the Dark Side. And now I know what I'll do if I'm ever caught in a tornado... :D

I hope you can post soon!

*sits back to watch and learn*

6. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    Whew! Drl is a meanie. I hate missing deadlines like this, it's not my style. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm going to return to my regular posting scedule, starting with a post on Saturday, but don't hold your breaths :p

Or do and turn a lovely shade of blue :p If there's no post by saturday night EST you won't have to come after me with the tar and feathers, I'll do it myself. The tar and feathering, not the coming after myself. That'd be kind of hard :p. Ok enough rambling onto the replies and then the post *cue automated cheering*

Vader : Thanks, I try.

Padawan : Yes when faced with a natural disaster insult all those who've annoyed you over the years, you'll never get another chance! :p Glad you like it.

The Mandalorian leered at him, but his face was twisted, inhuman. ?Jedi?, he sneered, and the word seemed to echo into the depths of eternity. ?You?ll always be a Jedi?? Xanatos screamed. He was falling, falling, the Dark was everywhere. In his lungs, his heart, his soul, his veins.

He screamed again, and this time it tore through the nightmare and into his throat. All at once he bolted awake. Xanatos began to stir. He groaned as he opened his eyes, the soft, dim light assaulting his battered senses. His head throbbed horribly, as he fought to control his panic when he realized he didn?t remember where he was or how he got there. Fear is a weakness! The strong are in control at all times! an inner voice roared. Just then, a voice from without broke into his thoughts.

?Finally awake are we?? Xanatos sat up as quickly as he could without becoming light-headed, and found himself looking into the face of Eravasi. She was staring at him strangely, her face oddly calm. ?Bad dream??

Xanatos watched her guardedly. ?Something like that.? The look she was giving him bothered him. ?Is something wrong??

?I?ve been thinking. I dragged you to the ship after the battle and then brought you here to this safe house. We have them all over the galaxy.?

?You?ve been thinking? Wow that is scary. The last time you did that I almost ended up taking a one way trip on the Mandalorian express. How long have I been out??

?Three days.? For three days she?d watched over his sleeping form, taking care of him, patching up his wounds. Three days she?d had to think over what to do next, about what she?d heard, the sound of what she?d slowly awoken to: his scream of ?I am no Jedi!? Three long days to think, to plan, to speculate about what to do with and about the young man, and to think about the direction in her own life.

?

?Make a wish Va!? The five year old Eravasi squeezed her eyes shut and wished her hardest that her papa would be able to come home from the War. Beside her, mama leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

?He?ll be home soon my little one. I promise.?

?

?He lived and died the way he would have wanted: helping others. Look to the people who love you, child? said the man who had been a friend of her father to the 8 year old. Knowing that he?d died well didn?t ease the pain, it just made it worse. What did it matter in the end how ?good? of a death one died, if the same thing awaited everyone at the end: dust.

?

The 13 year old stood vigilant watch by her mother?s bedside as she lay dying. ?Come here my little one?, she whispered weakly. Tears streamed down both their cheeks for they both knew they would soon be parted. ?Take care of your little sister for me Eravasi. Be strong for her. I love you both so much?? she trailed off unable to say any more and the next hour saw her life extinguished.

?

At 15 she?d joined the Web, eager for the money to send her sister to school. What had started as a lookout job that was only supposed to last a year or two until she had the money to make an honest living spiraled into a life time of work. She never got the courage to go see the sister she loved so, but sent her money every month, and was proud to see her use it for a higher education so that she

7. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    UP so someone sees this :p

8. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    Hmmm... if no one's reading, do I really need to post tommorrow? ;) Put away the pitchforks, it'll be here! :p

9. raisedbywolves

Jul 1, 2005
    Whoa, I wonder what Xan will do now! And I wonder what her plans for him are... Can't wait for the new post!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wow, Pixel, that was one wild ride. Loved that the Mandalorian almost got Xan and it was only his focus on killing the Darksider that Eravasi was able to kill him. Loved that Xan's lightside acts of trying not to kill the guards turns into a killing feast once he started to touch the dark.

Loved the backstory with Eravasi. How a good person can turn bad when push comes to shove. And now she wants to know about Xan and the Jedi. So she can help herself???

Great job with this. Please PM me when you update.

11. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    Hi guys. My computer is doing strange things so my hours on here hgave been wierd. I may have to reinstall my OS, so not sure when I'll get out the next post.

Stay tuned,

Pixie

12. Darth_Pixel

Jan 17, 2003
    Post Tommorrow guys. Then I'm going to try to start the every other Saturday thing again.

Pixie

13. raisedbywolves

Jul 1, 2005
    :eek: Is that my Master?! No way!

Looking forward to the post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.