main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where did all of the reflections go?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by murray_powers, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murray_powers

murray_powers Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    I was reading that topic about Boba Fett, and it got me thinking about something that Boberson said. Where are all of the reflections from the lasers and such? You would think George would have noticed this!

Good Lookin' Out Boberson!

Thanks for Reading!

2. murray_powers

Jan 30, 2005
    Anyone? I think this is an important topic that needs to be discussed. I'm quite serious.

thanks for reading.

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    What do you mean by reflections of the lasers? And, this is not the 3SA so it takes a lot longer for people to respond. The turnout is much smaller.

4. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    I guess that I've never really paided attention to that sorta thing. I'll try to keep an eye out for the next time I see the movies

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Stupid nOOb.

They cleaned up the effects.

6. Tartarus

Tartarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    I'll admit, I've always been bothered by the fact that the OT lightsabers never seemed to be giving off light in many parts.

7. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I prefer the lasers as they are. Put reflections and flashing lights all over the place, and it reduces the tension of the firefight. I've never liked the chunky, colourful sort of laser. Thin beam of death, yeah.

8. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    When they released the SE in '97, I was hoping we would see the lightsabers reflecting off Vader's helmet.

Oh well, it worked without the refelctions before, it still works now.

9. murray_powers

Jan 30, 2005
    Hey Go-Mer-Tonic and Kwenn, those were some great observations! Vader should look like a neon sign, since he's so reflective! LOL! Hey, DarthBoba, don't be a hater! It's cool to be a noob. We were all noobs at one time. right now, I'm a Dungeons and Dragons noob, and if it weren't for the helpful "veterans" I'd be getting my bones licked clean, by an orc with a +2 fire sword! LOL!

Thanks for reading

10. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I don't remember any mirrors, so why would there be a "reflection"?

11. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Would they have reflection? My Laser Pointer doesn't, the beam from the flash ligh doesn't

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Lightsabres are not 'just light'. Even WEG has a theory considerably beyond that.

And honestly..can you compare the level of energy from a laser pointer to a lightsabre?

13. Jabba_Squiggle

Jabba_Squiggle Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2005
    I never paid attention to things like that, that really couldn't be helped.
    The sabers were rotoscoped onto a stick, so there's not much that could really have been done to make them reflect on the scenery.

Never bothered me before, never will.

14. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    "And honestly..can you compare the level of energy from a laser pointer to a lightsabre? "

Yes I can, cause Lightsaber are fictional and not real so in mind I can and will compare it to anything that is real. Dumb, maybe so but it's my mind and I say what I can compare real/non real things to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.