main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where did Leia get that dress?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Palp_Faction, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm referring to the one she wears in the Ewok village. Did she have it secluded under her combat fatigues just in case she had to disguise herself as a peasant? Did an Ewok seamstress rustle something up for her? Or did a human guest accidently leave it behind when they came to stay?

2. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    I don't know... somebody must have goofed up the continuity. Perhaps she had it with her under her clothes or something.

3. Precious_Bass

Precious_Bass Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Her dress from ANH is actually the same dress seen at the end of ESB.

Ciao!

4. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    A scene that was written but never developed for the final filming script of ROTJ had Leia being evaluated by the Ewok tribe (they studied her features and teeth as if they were examining an animal) and undergoing a strange initiation ritual that involved her being drugged before she was approved as a member of the tribe. The end of that initiation included her being given a dress of animal skin to make her more like them. The fact that the dress was made to fit her so well and is aesthetically pleasing in human sense is just a matter of fantastical movie convenience.

5. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    all wrong. you see, the Ewoks have Jedi-like abilties, so they had a vision many years ago, that a cross-dresser would show up, so they made a dress. A cross dresser did come, but he died, so they gave the dress to Leia's clone, the clone died, so they gave it to Leia.

6. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I was just wondering,if the Ewoks custom-made that dress for her,what was she wearing when they were actually making it? Did she still wear her combat fatigues,or just sat around an Ewok hut in her undies?

It's questions like this that keep me from getting far in life.

7. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    It's an Ewok halloween costume. One year, a few ewoks decided they'd stand on each shoulders to form The Galaxy's Most Giant Ewok. That was the dress they wore.

Did she still wear her combat fatigues,or just sat around an Ewok hut in her undies?

I seem to recall other threads concluded there were no undies on Endor.

8. JediOverlord

Apr 28, 2000
    Well,starkers,then.

9. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    If you look at some of the pictures, you can tell it looks like something that was cobbled together on the fly. It looks like Leia used various pieces of tarp and blankets for a makeshift dress-it's very simple. There are obvious lines of stitching and the like. Perhaps she just wanted something a bit more comfortable and well, cleaner than her combat attire would be.

10. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    Maybe the dress previously belonged to someone the Ewoks had for dinner. By that I mean they had a woman for dinner.

11. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Everyone knows Endor has the only JCPenny in the Outer Rim territories; she just put it on her Galactic Express card when she saw she was gonna be there for a while.

12. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Why would she wear something else anyhow? Her combat outfit was still fine after she fell from her speeder bike. Only because of mr. Poky the Ewok did her camouflage suit recieve some holes...

13. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    That's Mr. Poky to you, and he's very sorry about that.

14. SithHistorian

SithHistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    She stole it.... :cool:

The Sith Historian

15. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005
    "or just sat around an Ewok hut in her undies?"

Why, pray tell, would she not wear her other clothes while it was being made?

16. JediOverlord

Apr 28, 2000
    Well,she'd have to be in a undressed state of some kind to be measured for a proper fit,wouldn't you think?

17. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    a) Underwear doesn't exist in SW. Or at least Bras don't.
    b) You really think Ewoks take measurements? Of anything?

18. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    There was a fanfic written many years ago that had the dress belonging to the adult Cindel (that little girl from the Ewok movies). But in those movies, she left with that Noa guy, didn't she?

Oh well, maybe Donatella Versace makes planet calls.

19. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    The Ewoks took her to the Endor K-mart and bought her a dress.

Seriously, though. Like Guin said, it looks like something sewn together hastily, with what materials were available.

20. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    Like Guin said, it looks like something sewn together hastily, with what materials were available

Can you imagine that scene? A bunch of motherly female Ewoks sitting in a circle, stitching up the dress, and muttering amongst themselves about how that strange alien creature should put some weight on her bones? And possibly also wondering if she was married or not...maybe they were hatching a plan to match her up with some nice Ewok boy who still lived with his mother. :p

21. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    You know what? That would really make a hilarious humor fic. Somebody go write that. [face_laugh]

22. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Eh, I think Leia probably made it herself-maybe she got her other outfits all wet and muddy when she crashed, and she wanted something easy to wear while it was washed, so she just pulled it together? Did she have a backpack or whatever with her when she crashed?

23. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I always thought the Ewoks just took her measurements and made a dress for her. Although considering that she is so much larger than an Ewok I wonder if they had a long enough measuring tape.

24. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    Eh, I think Leia probably made it herself

Leia never struck me as the needle-inclined type...I can't even imagine her doing an embroidery hoop, let alone knowing how to stitch her own clothes.

25. BATTLELION

BATTLELION Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    There used to be a giant ewok the normal size of a person but it died becuase it hit its head on the doorway and fell to its death from the trees.

Leia was so big she reminded them of that giant ewok, so they gave the dress it wore to leia. It fit perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.