main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where did the Deep Core & the Corporate Sector take a vaction too???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by _Mitthrawnuruodo_, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Mitthrawnuruodo_

_Mitthrawnuruodo_ Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2001
    Where oh where did my Deep Core go?
    Oh where, oh where could it be?
    Oh where, oh where did my Corporate Sector go?
    Oh where, oh where did they flee?

Did anyone else miss the fact that we've got probably some of the most technologically advanced battle equiptment ever created in the GFFA approx. a day away from Coruscant? Unless I misread Dark Empire, we've still got Quantum Armored vehicles scattered around as well as - oh did I forget to mention - the MASSIVE number of capital ships shown surrounding Byss?

Ok, we'll leave well enough alone about the Core. What about the Corporate Sector? Briefly touched on to say the least, we know Han made it out there in his youth...so what now, Pellaeon just FORGOT it was out there? Did the Vong just HAPPEN to miss a massively technological area there would see as an abomination? Or are we just considering them too single-minded to care?

Why does Lucas Arts / Delphi keep ignoring two HUGE regions of space that could be excellent grounds for the events currently taking place in the NJO?

One day someone is going to ask me about how rediculous the idea of "the slice" and the "Unknown Regions" sits with me. That day will end with a VERY long post and @ least one very bitter SW fan.

All this aside; in SbS they managed - again - to kill off my favorite character.

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I have been wondering that too... I was waiting to see a huge imperial fleet to show up right as the rebels started to pull out and reclaim Curosant. (sp)

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    The fleet was destroyed with Byss.

Only the Sun Crusher was really quantum-armored.

The Corporate Sector does not offer enough battle power. And it seems it was not ignored by the Vong, since there are quite a lot of refugees that come from there...

4. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Refugee's came from the Corporate sector?!? I missed that.

5. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    The Ryn refugees came from the Corporate Sector; I believe Droma tells that to Han in Hero's Trial.

And the New Republic was already moving into the Deep Core, so maybe newer books will use the Deep Core...

6. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, I seemed to understand the Ryns were from there... I might be wrong, though...

Guzhfduihuidhi one posts per minute...

7. _Mitthrawnuruodo_

Nov 11, 2001
    The Ryn ARE from the Corporate Sector - originally. Never is it said they were running from the Corporate Sector, and if you look @ the map of the galaxy, the "claw" does not go through that area of space, only cuts it off.

8. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Yes, the Yuuzhan Vong did pass through at least some of the Corporate Sector.

"During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy, much of the pathway known as Vector Prime traveled through the Corporate Sector, and planets such as Brigia and Ruuria were overrun as the Yuuzhan Vong moved toward the Core" - Corporate Sector entry in CUSWE

9. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy, much of the pathway known as Vector Prime traveled through the Corporate Sector, and planets such as Brigia and Ruuria were overrun as the Yuuzhan Vong moved toward the Core.

From Unofficial Encyclopedia.
    So the Yuuzhan Vong did run through there...

Edit: Pretty funny, we both post the same thing... 8-}

10. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    As far as the Vong are concerned, the Corporate Sector is cut off from the rest of the galaxy by their invasion corridor. With the heavy concentration of singularities/black holes in the Deep Core, the Vong probably think you'd have to be nuts to put anything there. Too bad they don't know that the characters of SW are that nuts.

As for why the Corporate Sector isn't involved... it's the *corporate* sector. They probably have all manner of cost efficiency models and profit/loss analysis studies telling them not to get involved as long as they aren't attacked directly. Unless the GFFA is that different from our own world, corporations are all about maximizing profit and minimizing loss.

As for all the superweapons and goodies Palpatine and others put in the Deep Core... they aren't being used because:
    1) it provides a quick fix to a conflict that Del Ray would like to draw out and resolve in another manner.
    2) The main characters of the GFFA are incredibly dense. They don't know the meaning of 'plan', they just Forest Gump their way through the universe, saving each other and the galaxy by sheer luck.

11. _Mitthrawnuruodo_

Nov 11, 2001
    Sinje has made a good point!

For the other 2 replys - two planets a Corporate Sector does not make!

12. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    As I said, all of Palpatine's toys were destroyed with Byss. That's why the Imperial Armada was so reduced at the time of JAT...

13. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Be careful what you post from the Unofficial encyclapedia without looking it in the actual source.

They are known to exagerate and create facts that don't exist.

14. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It says in the Gamer story that the Corporate Sector was neutral so far, and the unofficial encyclopedia was written by fans so technically it isnt even official information much less canon, its AU at best.

And the Ryn and other refuges are probably running away to avoid the Yuuzhan Vong because they dont to be sacrificed if their planets are captured by them.

And the Corporate Sector Authority has over 200 Victory class Star Destroyers and tons of old Dreadnaughts along with other ships it bought from the empire and this was back before the return of Thrawn, they made a nice profit doing business with the Rebels and the Empire during palpatines return,
    who knows how many newer ships they have made since then? i dont think the vong are stupid enough to invade them and lose half of their invasion force on one area.

15. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Actually, Greg Keyes' new NJO-era serial novel takes place in the Corporate Sector. They'd remained neutral, but by this point (shortly after Conquest) they are secretly allied with the Vong. :mad:

16. _Mitthrawnuruodo_

Nov 11, 2001
    Mateo: Thank you for making my point simpler for the cheap seats.

And since we're on the subject, I cannot wait to see Pellaeon bring the hammer down on the Vong in "Remnant"

17. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    As I recall, what was left of the Empire in the Deep Core was smashed by the New Republic in YJK. Most of it had already fled to the Imperial Remnant.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.