main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where did the Stormtrooper go?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Han-my-boogie, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han-my-boogie

Han-my-boogie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    In ANH Luke and Leah make a mad dash over the bridgeless causeway on the Death Star. Luke (and Leah) take care of all the stormies before they swing across - save one. Where did he go? He had a free shot at both of them....

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I think he fled...two of his comrades got blasted, after all. He may have ducked out of sight and summoned reinforcements, or ran to try and cut off Luke and Leia after they made it to the other side. Luke and Leia then somehow got past him and made it to Docking Bay 327.

Just some ideas.

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    He suddenly realized he was a Stormtrooper and had no chance in hell of hitting anything.

[face_laugh]

4. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    They should of made that scene where Luke or Leia shoots the control panel for that door while there shooting at the stormtroopers,so it shuts locked and gives Luke and Leia a clear path to cross.It would of been more believable.

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Homing Beacon.
    Ordered to let them escape.
    Duh.

6. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Oh, and that's why the stormtroopers who forced the door open behind Luke and Leia started shooting at them the first chance they got?

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I watched ANH yesterday, and really, it happens too quickly to be that big a concern. He's just offscreen, they swing across, they're out of sight. No more, no less.

Sure, he could have gotten in another shot or five, delaying them a great deal, but does it really matter that he didn't? Maybe, being all alone up there, he allowed himself a few more seconds of cover. Maybe he called for reinforcements before getting killed, so they wouldn't be all alone down there with plenty of time to prepare.

Besides, it's romantically correct :p

8. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

9. Wookiewalker

Wookiewalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2005
    Everyone knows Stormtroopers never do anything by themself. They always have to be with the "in" crowd. Always trying to be popular. Therefore when his buddies died, he didn't want to be left out so he jumped off the "bridge" before Luke and Leia came over.

10. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    he had to run to the bathroom if you know what I mean[face_alien_1]

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

11. Zee Zee

Zee Zee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    His shift had finished - after all it was filmed in England and as all the extras were English, they weren't allowed to work after 5pm (something to do with Unions or something).

12. Albie2k

Albie2k Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2005
    I think when he saw Luke and Leia,brother and sister, holding each other so close just kind of creeped him out so he ran away.[face_laugh]

13. Obi_tu

Obi_tu Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    As it was said before, he was a stormtrooper, what kind of "real" chance did he have.... they never hit an important target in the CT, not that I can remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.