Where did you see TPM?

Discussion in 'Columbus, OH' started by Yodajammies, Mar 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodajammies Jedi Knight

star 1
    I stood in line for about four hours at Marcus Pickerington to get tickets the week before TPM came out. It was pretty cool, but it ended up that they had several hundred tickets left even after the entire crowd had gone through, so I didn't really need to stand in line at all. I'm glad I did, though. I had some good conversations with other fans. Did any of you wait in line?
  2. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I saw it at the Lennox Town Center. I wanted to go to the midnight showing, but there was no way I could get tickets for it. After school on the day the tickets were available, I kept trying to call them and I couldn't get through. But then I saw something on the news that said there were still tickets available. My parents weren't home, so I rode my bike to the theater and got tickets for an evening showing on the 19th. It was quite an experience.
  3. Yodajammies Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool! I wanted to go to the midnight showing too, but it was sold out and I just decided to go to one the next afternoon.
  4. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AMC in Dublin with a friend. We chatted with other SW fans for half an hour before it started. One of the best days of my life!
  5. jedi_lady1 Jedi Padawan

I skipped class that day and went to see it at the Marcus Imax in Dublin. Went around 12 since i decided that seeing it at midnight would be fun yet not worth the money to not be able to hear it :) I was a great Experience since i took my dad who also a big fan.
  6. Rewind Jedi Padawan

Just to share, my friends and I saw TPM at the second showing at the Lennox (we could have gone fisrt showing but we went second because the second showing was in the theather with better sound). Then, we saw it the next day at 8:30pm and that just happend to be the same showing that George Takai from TOS Star Trek went to. He was signing books at Barnes and Noble and we knew people working over there. So my friends talked to AMC and we got seats reserved for Mr. Takai and our group. It was really cool.
  7. Tan-Wessel Force Ghost

star 3
    Lennox opening day 10pm around there...i remember having flashbacks of when i saw rotj in the theater.
  8. ObiDaJedi Jedi Padawan

I stood in line from 6:30 a.m. on at the Marcus Crosswoods Cinema. I was about the 30th person in line. I had called into work that day and I was trying to keep it hush hush. That didn't last! I had people from work stopping by at lunch requesting me to buy them tickets and bringing me food. It was a long wait but it was worth it. The local businesses kept bringing over food and things for us which was real nice. I'll be at the Lennox for the next one!
  9. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember going to see the ROTJ Special Editions a few days after it came out in 1997. It was the same day we had a tornado watch. Ring a bell? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.