main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Where do I Begin?" (A Story that takes place after Dark Nest, with Jaina, and Jag.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sentenal, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentenal

Sentenal Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2006
    Title: ?Where do I begin??

Author(s): sentenal

Timeframe: NJO, some time after the Dark Nest Trilogy

Characters: Jag, Jaina, and a little of Jacen thrown in for good measure.

Genre: Expanded Universe.

Keywords: Alternate Universe

Summary: Jacen's on his dark descent, Jaina decides to go to Tenupe to say a private farewell
    to Jag.

Notes: I typed this not long after Dark Nest, and long before Legacy. Hope you enjoy it,
    comments welcomed.

Disclaimer: George Lucas owns Star Wars, and I thank him every day for creating it.

WHERE DO I BEGIN?

?Where do I begin?? thought Jaina Solo.

Her eyes watched the streaks of stars outside the X-Wings cockpit as she flew through the multi colored tunnel of hyperspace.

?To tell you my story.? She exhaled a breath as she tried to calm the nerves that suddenly threatened to take control of her.

?Should I start at the beginning? Or how about where I screwed it and the holder of my heart. Some would think my life began with my birth, but they?d be wrong. My life began the moment heard his voice in my ears over the now lost moon of Ithor. That?s when he entered my life.?

A warning beacon snapped Jaina out of her thoughts, minutes later, Jaina brought her X-Wing out of hyperspace.

?And this?? she began with distain, while watching the approaching moon. ?..this is where it ended.? A tear formed in her eyes.

?Mom said she gave him a warning to eject.? she thought as she absently wiped away the tears that had formed.

?But I knew him better than most, I knew he wouldn?t have. The Chiss said they attempted a rescue, but for some reason I don?t believe them.?

Jaina glanced out her cockpit as she flew over the crevice.

?This?this is the place, this is where they said he crashed.? Once again tears formed as Jaina sought a place to land.

(TENUPE"S ORBIT)

?Where do I begin?? Jacen Solo asked as he watched his sister?s stealth X entered the atmosphere of the jungle moon.

?Should I begin with my daughter Allana?? he asked himself in thought.

?She?s the reason I have set this path in motion. After all, parents want their children to grow up safe and sound.?

Jacen gazed at his screen, which was tracking Jaina?s trajectory.

?You are at a fork in the road Jaina, if my vision holds true, then you and you alone will hold the key to the future. You will either make my Empire come true, or you and I will battle. Where in one of us?or both of us will die.?

Jacen left his thoughts there as he activated his comm..

?It?s me, is everything in place?? ?

?Good, my sister?...Yes, she?s taken the bait. I?m on my way back?.right I?ll see you in two days. Solo out.?

Jacen signed off as he veered his stealth X away from the small moon.

?I love you Jaina?.but I love my daughter more. Maybe someday you?ll forgive me for what I had to do.? The Stealth X left real space to enter hyperspace.

?I hope the galaxy will forgive me, for what I?m going to do.?

(THE SURFACE OF TENUPE)

?They said he didn?t survive, the Fel's began asking questions when his body wasn?t found. The Chiss explained that some wild animal had dragged him away.? At this thought, Jaina let out a small laugh as she landed her stealth X.

?In my heart, I know they are wrong. If Jag had died I know I would have felt it?because part of me would have died with him. And then there?s the dream.?

Jaina vaulted out of the cockpit, walked over to the crevice, and peered down.

?At first it was a voice asking me ?Why?, that alone confused me. Then came the image of a man in black asking ?Why?? that last dream was a dozy?? She involuntarily shuddered as she began to remember?.

?I was alone in a filed of wild flowers, the gentle breeze made the flowers dance as it blew across the field. That?s when I seen him, at first he was to far away to really distinguish any feat

2. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    =D=

I likey! So Jag can't remember anything? Very interesting concept! Great job!

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was really good! :D Definitely an intriguing idea, what with Jaina going back to "say goodbye" and Jag apparently without his memory. And then of course, throw in a little evil Jacen to even things out. :p

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Then she felt it, the strange tingle at the back of her mind. Brown eyes filled with light as she realized what it meant.

?He is alive.? Replied the strong voice of her heart.

?I will find you Jag, no matter what I have to do to do it. I swear it.? She pledged.

THE END?

That was wonderful! =D=

5. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    If you would be willing, we (the Jaina/Jag Index) would like to include this story in our database. If you could, please PM the following information to Jaina_Jag_Index (absolutely no mark-up codes please):

Author: (link to profile)
    Title: (link to story)
    Co-Authors: (If applicable) And their user profiles
    Timeframe: (post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.)
    Characters:
    Genre: (romance, action, etc.)
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: (WIP, Complete, Vignette, etc., Awards it's won)

6. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    That was completely heartbraking. But in a good way, and I really liked it!

I'm amazed how you described Jacen, very closely to the way he's been described in LOTF. Good insight!
    That nightmare Jaina had sent shivers down my back. Creepy, but very much Jacen's style. And then at the end you hinted at the bond J/J share... [face_love]
    And finally Jag... It wrenched my heart to see him strugling to remember the one he still loved. It was beautifully written.

I'd so like to see what happens next. If you do continue this, please send me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.