main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

where do the jedi get their money from??????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by METZ, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    the jedi always seem to have all the money they ever need, x wings are bought like a new pair of shoes? these things MUST cost a bit so where do the jedi get their money?

they dont work? yet Luke had enough sitting in the bank to build eclipes?? how much does a base like that cost? and Kyp goes through x wings like new pairs of sock?

any ideas? im lost

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Gambling. Think about. Just try to beat a Jedi at any sort of game involving dice or bluffing. [face_devil]

3. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    a good point but not really up there with the jedi order

yoda says:-
    do or do not there is no try

fear and anger lead to the dark side

oh and gambling is a bloody good way of getting rebuplics credits????

4. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    They do complicated stuff to win at podracing bets...

5. Master_Halcyon

Master_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    The NR misteriously loses X-wings where the jedi can find them and Mara Jade has a part time job at McDurrons

6. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    lol cute ideas...

seriously, tho, with as many times as Luke has saved the NR's butt, i'm sure they were very generous and gave him many gifts--monetary and otherwise. so yes, it's conceivable that he had enough money sitting in the bank to create a sizable part of Eclipse. what he couldn't cover i'm sure others contributed to. the Jedi still have many supporters, both within the gov't and without. not everyone wants to hand over the Jedi.

and remember, up until recently, the NR has supported the Jedi. so they have been getting money and arms and anything else they might need for a long time. they could have stockpiled this stuff.

as for the new X-Wings: there are quite a few generals in the NR military who have quite a bit of influence and who still support the Jedi. if a couple of them got together and made those X-wings disappear (to the Jedi), who's going to question them? :)

just my theories.

7. FakeHandLuke

FakeHandLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    On the other side of Yavin 4 they have a retreat center set up called "Jedi Camp", where for a large fee wealthy non force users can came for a month of simulated Jedi training practicing with low energy lightsabers.

Seriously though, I think alot of the posts about early NR funding are correct, also, and I think this was mentioned in the SW ANH Radio Play, Leia, as the sole surviving member of the Royal House of Alderaan, would be the hier to all of it's off world assets. Though legally this wouldn't give Luke a dime, I think she would share a little. I can see it now . . .

Luke: Uh, Leia, now that I've resigned my position with the military . . . I really don't have . . .oh this is embarrassing.

Leia: What is it Luke, just tell me.

Han: He needs a loan.

Luke: Actually, I was thinking about a grant.

Han: Great, just what I need, a dead beat brother in law. I suppose you'll need to sleep on our couch next.

Finally, and I hate to be biblical because I really do not want to anger any Christians or, on the other hand, Atheists, It seems that you could compare the Jedi to the Apostles at the end of the Gospels when Jesus tells them essentially . .go out, don't worry about money or possesions, what you need will come to you." The point being there is a strong tradition in literature and religeon of "aesthstics" who can go out in to the world, and, with no visible means of income, support their causes.

8. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Luke is actually a pimp. Ever wonder why all the female Jedi are so beautiful?

9. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Hahahah, That sounds like something that I would say.

10. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    You mean: Why are all the jedi physically attractive? It's not just the females, it's almost all of the main characters.

They're almost all beautiful - I think it's cause no one wants an ugly hero.

11. DarkJediCaius

DarkJediCaius Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    Jedi Mind Control - make them think you have paid for it :)

12. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Yo, I'm just doing my part to make sure Tahiri gets into a good college. ;)

13. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Well Lando has all this money lying around doesn't he? I mean he was giving the YVH droids to the NR military for free.

14. Jedi_Rock_Star

Jedi_Rock_Star Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2001
    LoL
    Im betting Luke being da pimp!
    "You WILL sleep with that man"...

15. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    During the holiday season, they have Jedi Bell Ringers, who visit the malls of Coruscant, raising funds. They also have the Jedi Bake Sale, and the Jedi Fun House, where no one ever gets the balls throught he hoops, or the rings on the bottles......

16. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    According to the most recent Gamer issue the Old Galactic Republic funded the Jedi Order with the donations of member worlds that appreciated what the Jedi did for the galaxy and republic,certain Bill Gates like people also gave them money and aliens and groups that had a jedi from their species funded them, a jedi was given money by the Jedi Council:enough to cover expenses and whatever wasnt spent was returned upon return; i dont know if blowing it all by gambling or using it in nude cantinas would be accepted by Yoda but Mace Windu might buy it.

The New Republic probably did the same thing but now Viqi Shesh and her supporters have probably interferred with this,maybe the Wookies and Bothans among other races would still give Luke money but in secret.

17. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Two words.. Book deals.. :D

If Hillary Clinton can get an 8 million advance, Imagine what Luke Skywalker could get.

I agree with what was said. I am sure they get donations and gifts. The X wings are the obvious ones. It says specifically in SxS that the New Republic was slipping the Jedi X wings on the sly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.