main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Where do u shop for comics and toys?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darthfunkasourous, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Personally i go to warp 9 and time travelers.I know time is expensive and such,but,over the years mike has been pretty cool to me.Warp 9 is also way cool i think,lauren is the man for toys at a good price.How bout u guys??

2. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Wow, I haven't been to Time Travellers in years. Is the Sci-Fi Shop still next door to it?

I usually get alot of my books and rpg material at book stores out in Ann Arbor and I'll also check out a place called the Underworld (comics, miniatures and rpgs).

I'll occassionally stop in at the Ryder's Hobbies in Canton on Ford Road and a Hobby Shop off of Ford and Merriman call "Old Guard" to browse thru their Model Kits and Role Playing sections, but I haven't been to either in probably a good year or so.

For toys I'll check out the nearest Walmart, Target or Toy Store for them.

3. SparklerV

SparklerV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Where is Time Travellers at? I've never heard of it.

When I was collecting Batman comics, I used to go to Comics Archives, mostly, in Redford. Beech Daly and Plymouth Rd. intersection.

For toys, what Midnight Guard said... Wal-Mart and Target. :)

4. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    LOL... I forgot about Comic Archives... I grew up about a mile from there (just over the border into Livonia off of Plymouth and Inkster road intersection)

Time Travellers is up in Berkley if I remember correctly (or near it). I want to say it's on 12 mile east of... hmmm, can't remember, it's been so long. I know that if your on 12 mile heading East it will be on your right side and if you hit Woodward you've gone to far. Of course that's if they haven't moved in the past few years. (like I said, it's been awhile).

I used to know where most of the decent hobby and comic shops where in most of SE-Mich when I used to do parts delivery for an Auto Dealership (what better than to stop at hobby/comic shops and get paid to browse their selections.... hehe).

5. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh yeah, there is also another pretty good comic shop in Ann Arbor besides "The Underworld"... It's called "Vault of Midnight".

6. Darthfunkasourous

Mar 6, 2002
    Ya time travelers is on 12 mile smack in the heart of berkley.They have anything u could think of.Im pretty sure its the largest in mi, and maybe in the top 5 in the us.

7. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Time Travelers is tops in my book (as far as over-all stuff). If you want it, they've got it...it's like ebay without shipping and handling, but they are pricey on some things.

Comic Relief in Flint is great. Very nice people and they are always at the comic-con. I like Warp 9 in Troy. Very nice and clean. I've been to both of the shops in Ann Arbor and they're good. Comic Explosion in Lapeer is just alright.

However, my new favorite right now is Comic City(?) in Pontiac/Waterford...Very friendly, very clean...to me comic shops should be clean and organized...I hate diggin through boxes and tryin to find good condition books in a smoke filled environment.

If you're talkin toys, one of my favorites is in Millington -Sweet Lou's- he's really easy to deal with and he doesn't jip.

8. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Im not much into comics, but my favorite place to get Star Wars toys are at vintage toy fairs and Toys R Us.

9. Darthfunkasourous

Mar 6, 2002
    Warp 9 is in clawson:)

10. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Well, I go to the nearest location...which is Comic City in Waterford (the larger store is somewhere in Canton)...and they do a good job for me...I don't like to drive forever and a day to get my comics.

As for toys...I get them where ever I happen to find them (for a good price).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.