main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where do you get your StarWar's fix in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DyeJedi, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    Hey, its the new guy again. Where do you guys get your StarWars stuff from in Cleveland? Are there any real hobby shops that carry merchandise (sp?)? I can't seem to find even a mass retailer that holds stock of new goodies. All replies welcome (that is until you want to hijack it :shiftyeyes:)

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Welcome newbie, I'm "Mullet".

Toys R Us used to have old star wars models, don't know if they do anymore. There's also a model shop on warrensville in Bedford hts that has old models, but their expensive.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I know of a place in Parma called Collector's Warehouse, I forgot what road it's on exactly, but that place is sweet if you want old and/or rare SW merchandise. Although you will pay good money for the items (most Kenner figures go for anywhere from roughly $80 up). I got a nice rare poster of the theatrical re-release of A New Hope, that said on the corner "Revenge of the Jedi - coming soon" from there. There's lots of goodies there, you should check it out. For the new collectibles, ha. Good luck. I work at a Wal-Mart and the selection they have there is a complete joke. As far as I've heard, the same goes for all the other retail chains. It's a real bummer too, cause I wanted to finish my entire collection of the new line of figures...

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't know how far you want to drive to look for Star Wars stuff, but if you're ever around Canton there are lots of places to look. When I was able to drive (grrr... :mad: ) I would check out all the area K-Marts, Walmarts, Ameses, Targets, Toys R Us's, and KB stores. There are several in the area including Canton, North Canton, and Massillon. None of my local stores have been consistent in stocking merchandise so I either take a chance and drive out there or I call and ask about the figures I'm looking for (that typically works best for the toy stores, because at more general stores they don't always get a toy department employee to answer your question).

There's also an awesome toy store in Canal Fulton called Toys Time Forgot that has Star Wars collectibles of every kind. The owner is a wonderful guy who knows his stuff, and if you're looking for something in particular he goes out of his way to find it for you. :)

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Collector's Warehouse...it's on the corner of Ridge and Pearl Rd. (kinda a weird intersection...so you can't miss it)

Another good place is "Big Fun" in Coventry...they have tons of vintage SW stuff.

Emily was talking with this guy at a collector show (Great Northern), and he said most of the big name retail stores are not ordering any new SW toys...because Hasbro wouldn't take the excess AOTC toys when the retail people wanted to send it back. So now we're forced to look online...it's a nationwide problem (other boards are having this problem)

6. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    I've been to bigfun, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but thanks for all the responses!

7. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    A coworker told me the KayBee at the Lodi Outlet Mall is having a huge clearance on Star Wars toys. Anyone near enough they could check it out? Its almost an hour drive for me.

8. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I think most KB stores have all the basic Star Wars figures clearanced at $1.99 each. The one in Belden Village certainly had a lot left when I was there last week. Too bad I already have all those figures.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Yeah agreed, the KB Toys at Summit Mall had them at $1.99.

But the one at Lodi might have other figures that weren't at Summit Mall...

*resists the urge to go to Lodi...* I've got things to do here at home... but my parents said that they were going to be a few hours... I'll go on Tuesday. ;)

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    My family and I went to Pittsburgh this weekend for a wedding and on the way we stopped at Monroeville Mall as well as a Toys'R'Us near by...we couldn't find any new things!!!

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It was saaaaaad, Monroeville Mall had nothing...where do the guys from SWAP go?

I have seen some of the early release of "Clone Wars" line, including figure 3 packs and (blue) jedi starfighter, at Toys R Us (Parmatown and Great Northern).

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Curse you for going and setting foot in Monroeville! :mad:

(Sorry, their band and our band were rivals.)

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    [face_devil]

I found some. I'm not releasing where the store is quite yet... I need to get mine first, and I won't but back there until next week.

Now, just which one to get... I only have enough for one. :D

I'll tell you where the store is next week, she is desprite for some business. ;)

Rosie, I'll take you around if you want me to. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.