main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Where do you place Star Wars in relation to our existence?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by CornStarch, May 4, 2014.

1. KaziKat

KaziKat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2015
    I think Star Wars happened before our universe was created. That would make sense because it says a long time ago. Also it has technology and concepts that aren't in our discovered universe.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015

I'm gonna have to second this one.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm if I had to guess it would be in the Andromeda galaxy, but it does not matter anyway because its all fiction.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. Hilal

Hilal Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2015
    In my head it's seriously bajillions of years ago, like, so long ago earth doesn't even exist yet, trillions of trillions of years ago...

5. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015

I don't want to be rude, but isn't the Andromeda galaxy the closest one to our own? Isn't that kind of the opposite of A Galaxy Far, Far Away?

I like to think of it being like as opposite end of the universe as you can get from us. Maybe that's just me though. I guess technically you could be right though, because ANY other galaxy is still Far, Far away from Earth....

Sorry but when I first read your post I couldn't help but picture the Star Wars opening as:

"A Couple Months Ago, In Our Closest Neighboring Galaxy..."
    *Epic John Williams Theme*

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

You are correct.

7. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    For me, there are three possibilities.

The first is that the Star Wars galaxy exists in our universe but is so far away from us that the effect of cosmic expansion means that light from that galaxy will never reach us. As for the time period, based on the trailer for the original film, the story happened a billion years ago (hence STAR WARS being "a billion years in the making).

The second is that the Star Wars galaxy is a billion light years away and light from that galaxy from around the time of that story is only reaching us now, once again placing the story as happening a billion years ago.

The third is that the Star Wars galaxy exists in an entirely different universe, possibly from before our universe existed and in that universe, the laws of physics allow for sound in space, hyperspace travel, lightsabers and the Force to exist.