main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Where do you See Mandalore?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Dec 7, 2010.

1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Since the future of mandalore in TCW is pretty much a clean slate (since by the time the clone wars are over neither the Death Watch or New Mandos will be in control, according to the EU), which side do you want to win?

Personally, I want the death Watch to win. As much as I love Satine, I feel that it would fit in with Mandalorian lore for the pasifists to be unable to quench the warrior fire of the people.

How about everybody else?

2. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    It seems that Sidious really wants the Death Watch to take over Mandalore, so I think this is going to happen eventually. After all, it makes little sense to introduce Death Watch if they don't do anything important in the future. I think Mandalore's fate in TCW could foreshadow the Empire on the larger scale.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I would like to see both sides losing actually- i mean Republic should take control over Mandalore- Satine should die as well as Viszla but prior that there should be awesome Clone Wars -battle: DW and CIS vs. New mandos and Republic with Satine being overthrown by her own people... now if just young Boba Fett would be somehow added to all this;)

4. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    The Death Watch will win. The one problem with pacifism is that any armed band can stomp on pacifists. That's what will happen with the New Mandalorians. Then Fenn Shysa and his Mandalorian Protectors will take over after the carnage has settled.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Not if Pacifists stop being pacifist and take the armso_O ... of course they need to put Satine in that icecubecell first- next to Almec[face_laugh] "War is intolerable!!!" "No one can hear you Dutchess- please stop screaming!" "Shut up Almec you corrupted fool!"
    They could make an episode with just them insulting each other:p .....

6. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    Then they stop being pacifist. This sounds circular, but Satine will never compromise her pacifism, even if her people are getting their faces shoved in the dirt. But since Satine doesn't have the stomach for battle, she'll be ousted easily.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    that's exactly what i meant- satine's people may overthrow her and stop being pacifists to remain alive...

8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Back in the OT days, I always thought Boba's beat up armor indicated that they were a thing of the past. I'd like to see it go that way which requires DW to lose. Sidious doesn't give a flip about DW ruling Mandalore. He's just using them and, once the Empire takes over, will not want an armed, fiercely independent group running a planet.

As soon as he has no use for them, they will be crushed (just like the sep's were in ROTS).

Keep in mind I am completely EU ignorant so maybe there's already something that invalidates that premise.

9. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    Yeah, for one, Mandalore during this time period is a backwater. They had their heads smashed in by the Jedi several times. The Death Watch is still around, but Mandalore is led by the group Boba Fett eventually takes over. The problem isn't that they are independent. It's that they're small and insignificant. And honestly, Sidious would know better than to stop a civil war in its progress. He'd wait until the planet has exhausted itself, not give the factions a reason to unite against him.

Or he places Tarkin in command and Tarkin does just that.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW Mandalore is nothing to me.

11. fett51

fett51 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2008
    Satine is going to lose. In practical terms being a pacifist means being good enough politically to keep the number of violent extremists to a low enough number that they can be controlled by the police. Satine's government is falling apart, and she has violent extremists out the wazoo, with enough popular support that they only need a trigger event to overthrow the government. Unless she finds a way to politically assassinate Death Watch, the whole thing is going to fly apart as soon as the right stressor is applied. Perhaps more importantly, her opponent in this is no less than Palpatine himself. As much as I may admire her ideals, she doesn't stand a chance.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    she have been betrayed many times over so it's only matter of time when her guards betray her and imprison her :p

13. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    Or kill her. These ARE Mandalorians, after all, no matter how badly Satine castrated their martial fury.

14. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    On the subject of pacifist Mandalorians:

"Wipe them out. All of them."

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    imaginative idea- let's kill everyone that seems to be your way top solve problems8-} (i hope you don't use that in everyday life:p ) Satine may have supporters that are not mad killers but think they have to fight- they may ask satine to agree- and if she don't they can just imprison her- killing her is extreme decision and new mandalorians are supposedly civilised people- pacifism is not always absolute idealism- you may have situations when you think you have to use violence or even kill(pretty much like jedi do) and still prefer non-violent methods and peaceful solutions when possible- it's not like either you are pacifist or then "proud warrior" there is much more options.... Satine can be killed by her own people yes- but if these pacifists want that their culture remains they may have to use violence- then may not be pacifists anymore but they don't have to change completely.... and idea of "martial fury" being in blood is naive- it's cultural- not in geneso_O

16. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010

Clarification: I meant the GUARDS would probably have her killed. I'm not advocating it. As much as I find her ideals naive and laughable, Mandalorians at war are scarier than Mandalorians living in peace. But she has a hell of a silver tongue, and letting her live would be dangerous to her opposition.

But we're given the idea that the New Mandalorians are a relatively new development. Contrast that with the Mandalorians' thousands years of history as proud warriors. And we're not even told whether Satine's faction is an outright majority. She might be leading a coalition waiting to splinter. I never said the Mandalorians' militarism was in the blood, but Satine's movement is new relative to how deeply ingrained their warrior ethic was. I'm not saying it would be right to kill her. She's a talented orator if she could convince the Mandalorians of all people to give up war. She could be useful to the Republic.

17. fett51

Nov 17, 2008
    As dangerous as being known as the ones who murdered the pacifist duchess? Possibly granting her government the political capital necessary to crack down on death watch and alienate anyone leaning that direction? Murdering people who are perceived as innocent generally has pretty nasty blowback.

18. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Well it's not like we lack real world examples of fanatics not giving a flip about that.

19. fett51

Nov 17, 2008
    And we didn't see Vizsla give a flip about what it would look like if Satine was assassinated while trying to prevent the Republic from coming to their world, even if no one found out Death Watch was responsible. He didn't even have the sense to order the assassin to stop when he could have had Satine completely discredited by making it look like she'd killed that guy. The man's an idiot. If Dooku weren't backing him he wouldn't be much of a threat.

20. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    There's a huge historical precedent for something like that happening. And would there BE a government at all without her? The Death Watch looks pretty organized and the New Mandalorians seem beset with factionalism and corruption. Who do you think would win in a fight if it came to that?

Murdering people perceived as innocent can also cow helpless people into submission. As unfortunate as it is, this is often the case with places in Africa.

21. fett51

Nov 17, 2008
    Dooku himself says that without the backing of the Mandalorian people they'll hold the planet for maybe a day. They can't afford to be perceived as aggressors.

The closest real life parallel I'm aware of is the assassination of the Serbian PM by the mob in 2003. That completely blewback on them.

22. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Satine and her government does not follow a stupid naive form pacifism. She is against war, not against, say, a state with a good working police force or intelligence force, as her very own government shows that it knows and uses these kind of things. And being against the Clone War out of principle is a very good thing, as this war is fought, I repeat, over nothing.

And I'm pretty sure that Palpatine wants the Death Watch to take over Mandalore to drag it into the war. Satine being the head of a coalition of neutral systems really is a pain in his back, and might make it difficult for him to force these systems into the Empire after the war has ended. And with them joining the CIS, not the Republic, it would be easy for him to crush Mandalore under his heel after the war has finished, not only eliminating the anti-war-Mandalorians, but also the warrior-way of the Death Watch guys. There is no place for Mandalore in the Empire.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It seems that "Naboo is "Africa of the GFFA" nowadays [face_laugh]

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Wonder if Sidious will have the seps invade mandalore only for Satine to reluctantly let Death Watch step in to defend their planet and still stay neutral

....all to give palpatine an excuse for the republic to then see the death watch as a legit threat to safety and so their armies are sent to take them out. Or is this just wishfull thinking that we'd have a mando controlled planet going up against clones and Jedi like I've wanted for the past 15years!?!?!

25. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    I much prefer the old KOTOR take on Mandalorians as a once powerful force that was destroyed and the remaining members scattered. I'm not overly interested in the pacifist mandos as portrayed in TCW. I always liked Mandalorians as an alternative antagonist for the Jedi Republic.