main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

where does Tales From The New Republic fit on the timeline?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bossk_BountyHunter, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossk_BountyHunter

Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    I've looked at many sites timelines and can't find it listed.I haven't read it yet so I have no clue when it is.All I know is that it has to be after the X-Wing series.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    TftNR is an anthology book collecting short stories from all over the timeline. It belongs nowhere and almost everywhere on the timeline. :)

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Each story gives little clues about when it takes place, though. For example, the first Ghitsa story takes place during Courtship, and the second one takes place after the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

4. Bossk_BountyHunter

Jan 3, 2002
    Thanks! It was bugging me alot because I have the entire collection in timeline order. I will just put it at the end of the collection.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    i just put all the anthologies at the end too

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "...the second one takes place after the Jedi Academy Trilogy."

During Children of the Jedi, actually.

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I put Tales of the Empire and New Republic at the end, but keep the others where they go. Cantina, right after my ANH novel. Bounty Hunters right after ESB. And Jabba's Palace after RotJ.

8. Bossk_BountyHunter

Jan 3, 2002
    On a timeline that I have it says that Tales From The Empire occurs a little after ANH.Is my timeline wrong?

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Some of the stories do occur at that point, but some others occur at other points.

10. Bossk_BountyHunter

Jan 3, 2002
    Would you advise that I read that along with Tales From the New Republic last?

11. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Good to see that alot of people have their books chronologically ordered. I started rereading them about 2 years ago, and am finally back to the original Thrawn trilogy. Still have to read some of the originally published books that have been sitting around for years, because they happen later on the timeline.. :\

I'd also probably read the Tales of the Empire and New Republic at least at the end of the Bantam line of books ( the Hand of Thrawn duology), or after reading the YJK series. As far as I know there are no NJO era stories in those two anthology books.

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    It dosn't matter where you read them (NR and Empire). They are comprised of mostly stand alone stories. Read 'em when ya want. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.