main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Else Could Anakin Have Found His Mother And What Would She Be Doing?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Hutsarehotties, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hutsarehotties

Hutsarehotties Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Where Else Could Anakin Have Found His Mother And What Would She Be Doing

She could be a waitress at the local Tatoonie Bar and Grill

2. DarthJebediah

DarthJebediah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    You mean besides cooking dinner at her hut for the Lars' and Beru?

3. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    She could have been killed by Jango, sent by Palpatine, that woulda made a lot more sense.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Explain

5. Master_Sol_Xabidarra

Master_Sol_Xabidarra Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    Although the films make her character to be noble and sacrificing, I say that Shmi could have fared better as a ruthless enforcer of laissez faire and corporate hijinks.

Perhaps she could have become a pod-racer after getting over the fear she has of it in TPM. Eventually she makes enough winnings that she can free herself and then opens her own entrepeneurial scheme. The Shmi-marts do well-enough that she drives Jira, Watto and everyone else out of business and create a Corporate Empire...for a secure society. In fact, her success goes to her head and she is soon in the same league as Jabba's friends and she becomes quite successful.Nevertheless, she develops a lust for power and an obscene anger with her rivals and thus foreshadows Anakin's eventual fall to the darkside.

Anakin return to Tatooine because of his dreams and sees that his mother has changed screaming "You've changed!" After seeing the aggressive promotion of the corporation, he thinks of all the Jawas that died in making her Jawa-Juice, 100% from concentrate and runs to the Naboo ship with Padme and has nightmares about his mother's new place in society...and her facelifts, buttlifts and new breast implants. She has strong assets indeed.

Onboard the ship, Padme tries to comfort Anakin.
    Padme: But to be angry is to be human. I mean, those poor Jawas...
    Anakin: But I'm a Jedi! I shouldnt want a boob job!
    Padme: WHAT?!
    Anakin: Ummm...hold me like you did by the lake, before my mom was the richest woman in the Outer Rim, no riches, and before I said more than I had to....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.