Where Ever the Winds Shall Take Us, AU, Note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello again everyone, it's me the 'AU Queen'. Well not really but I almost could be. Anyway, this does have Obi and Qui in it and it's set during the JA period but, um, well, it's not JA. Nope, not going by, near, or over the books at all.

Now I know I said, somewhere, that I wasn't going to post a story again until it was finished but see, with this one I'm not really sure where it's going (it has no plot so far) and so I figure it's not a story yet. So yeah, it's a loophole but it lets me post something new. Just keep the hamsters at bay for awhile. [face_mischief]

Spoilers: None, nada, nope and no. In fact forget just about everything you know about this time period. I'm completly re-making it up. :D
    Summary: None at the moment.
    Archive: Just ask.
    Disclaimers: Ameryl is mine and sorry I don't share. Everyone else is Georgy's. *pouts*

Note: I'm not saying when this while be updated or even how often. I want to finish Eyes and Bonds before I devote more attention to this. It's just a side line. (Right, that's what I said about Eyes. [face_mischief] )

For the past hundred years the Jedi Order has declined in power and influence. The Temple has been abandoned and the Jedi scattered across the galaxy. Considered to be just above thieves and beggars, the Jedi roam the universe helping where they can, where they are allowed, and simply working on surviving.

During that time, the Republic has turned corrupt and greedy but no one in power will stand up to it nor do any miss the Jedi that once stood for justice. Supreme Chancellor Sarqua, from Malastare, meanwhile, has been pressuring the out lining systems into higher taxes and even higher production for the Core Worlds. Raw resources are being mined and harvested for the rich and privileged while those in the Outer Rim live in poverty.

In one such mining community, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn has sensed a strong disturbance in the Force and has gone to investigate. With the Jedi decreasing, Jinn hopes to find one or more potential students for the Order?

Qui-Gon Jinn strode slowly down from his ship?s ramp as he surveyed the surroundings. He felt a little naked without his robe tucked securely around him but he could do without for awhile. He didn?t want anyone suspecting that he was a Jedi. He didn't need any added trouble. He had even left his lightsaber on board. He felt no need to carry it and risk being seen.

The harsh wind blew his brown hair making it curl around his face and neck. Dust clouds swirled about the scattered buildings and junk piles of old mining equipment. The sun was dim from the dirt drifting in the air. He stood there a moment testing the air and the Force before coding the Kewana, his personal ship and home, and headed into the one of the run down buildings.

The door slid open with jerks; dirt and grime making it stick. The inside air smelled of stale grease and old machinery parts. There was no one in the small entryway but the Jedi could sense and hear others further down the hall. Walking briskly he didn?t stop until a middle-aged woman entered the hall from one of the rooms on the side. Her brown, grimy hair was pulled back in a tight bun, strangled wisps falling from the sides. Her clothes were worn and patched more then once, her hands rough and callused looking. Her hard face was clean, seemingly out of place with the rest of her appearance. Upon seeing the large man, she scowled.

?Who are you? What are you doing here? If you?re another one of those traders, you wouldn?t find any ore here. This is an orphanage so you might as well leave. You?re wasting my time.? She then turned to continued down the hall, done with the conversation.

But Qui-Gon wasn?t going to back down that easily. The Force was drawing him here and he wasn?t going to leave until he found out why.

?I am well aware that this is an orphanage.? The tall Jedi said catching up with the still scowling woman. She turned to look at him in surprise then narrowed her eyes.

?You?re not with the Social Services
  2. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    This is good!

*waits patiently - okay, maybe not too patiently - for next post*

:D :D :D
  3. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting start so far, Swede . Will Obi-Wan be in this? Is he the other part of the disturbance Qui-Gon senses?

EDIT: Oh, sorry. You did say Obi would be in this. [face_blush]
  4. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohh... I like, Swede.

I will wait patiently (almost) for the next post.
  5. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I will also wait impatiently for the next post. But don't worry about our little furry friends, last I heard , you had taken them out for a little author chasing at another thread :)
  6. Various Jedi Knight

star 2
    Interesting start, I really liked all the description.
  7. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Slips by silently and pushes this 'up'.
  8. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    New story!! :p

I like the title. The Togorian girl (Ameryl?) is an interesting character. What part will Obi-Wan play in the story? I have a feeling that Qui-Gon will find him in the orphanage as the other part of the disturbance and he'll train both of them.

Feel free to prove me right or wrong by posting more soon. :D
  9. kimbilili-k-s Jedi Knight

star 2
    cool!
    *pause*
    cool! I like the story so far, and the title...next post, pleeaase?
  10. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Jovieve Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey SWEDE! ;)

Silly me, thinking there was another post already.

Please post.
  12. FaranDune Jedi Knight

13. kimbilili-k-s Jedi Knight

star 2
    Swede!!! what's taking you so long?! up.
  14. Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Knight

star 3
    If George Lucas ever needs help creating a portrait of a darker galaxy far, far away, I'm sure you could help him.

Wow, that's amazing! And it's a great idea for an AU.

Up!
  15. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks everyone. :D And Ameryl is based off of my cat. Only she's a little nicer.

The woman?s hand motioned to Qui-Gon. ?This man is looking for one of you brats to take. And for some blasted reason he seems interested in you. So you had better behave or I?ll up the time to two days. With no meals.? The girl swallowed then nodded quickly. She glanced behind the adults looking at something, fear mounting before looking back.

?Good.? The woman said then turned to Qui-Gon. ?Well? Are you going to take her? I don?t have all day you know. I still have to get the meals made then back home to my own family and take care of them. My husband doesn?t like having to wait for his dinner after working in the mines all day.?

?I might.? Qui-Gon replied softly. ?Are there any others?? The woman gaped at him.

?You want more? As if she isn?t enough?? She said waving to the girl still standing between them. The girl flinched then looked ready to bite the moving hand. Qui-Gon wouldn?t have blamed her. ?Well, all the others are here.? She continued ignoring the young cat child and motioning to the room full of children. Qui-Gon looked around again but he didn?t sense any that matched what he had felt earlier.

A tug at Qui-Gon?s tunic and he glanced down to see the Togorian standing closer to him. Bending down he smiled slightly. ?Yes, young one??

The girl glanced nervously at the scowling woman above her but seemed to gather her courage from Qui-Gon?s smile. ?There?s one more.? She whispered. ?He?s not here because he got in trouble and was sent to The Room. But it wasn?t his fault.? She pleaded. ?It was an accident, really.? Qui-Gon nodded slightly in understanding.

?I see. And where is this ?Room??? The girl pointed to a lone door in the corner opposite the jungle gym. Focusing on the space beyond, Qui-Gon found his other ?disturbance?. ?Thank you, young one. What?s your name??

?Ameryl.? She said, rolling the ?r?.

?I?m honored to met you, Ameryl.? He held out a hand to the girl, palm up. ?Will you take me over there?? Fright rolled off the girl and she gave a small gasp. But a growl from above warned her of the consequences and the girl tentatively placed her small, furry paw in the large hand. Qui-Gon gently squeezed two of his fingers in what he hoped was reassurance then stood and turned a hard face to the woman.

?Is it locked??

?No.? Qui-Gon nodded with a small snort then lead Ameryl over to the room. As he walked over he slipped one hand to his belt and pulled out a small wrapped object. Bending slightly he handed it to the girl.

?Here, young one. This is for you. Just don?t tell any of the others. I don?t have enough for them too. Understood??

The Togorian stared at the ration bar she had just been handed, for no reason she could think of, before turning wide yellow eyes up to the man besides her. She quickly nodded then with a flash hid the bar before any peering eyes could see. Qui-Gon was impressed by her speed and wondered how much was from her natural talents, the Force, or from having to grow up in place like this.
    Once they reached the door, Qui-Gon moved to open it but the woman stopped him.

?I?ll be nice and warn you about this one. To be short, he?s a freak, really. Always getting in trouble or bugging the other kids. Just a pest all around. I?ll be happy to get this one,? She waved at Ameryl, ?Off my hands but I?m forewarning you about that one. One of the other staff even says that he saw him doing something weird with the toys once. Like he was a Jedi or something.? She said Jedi with scorn but Qui-Gon was used to it.

?I appreciate the? warning but I?ll judge for myself.?

?Fine.? The woman scoffed. ?You try to offer some advice?? She muttered. Qui-Gon turned back to the door and opened it.

The first thing he saw was nothing. The room was pitch black. Qui-Gon frowned. Was there another room past this one? Ameryl tugged at his hand and he let her go. The young Togorian sprinted into the darkness.

?Where?s the light?? He
  16. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    So Obi is the other part of the disturbance. Good job!

Post again soon, Swede! :)
  17. Loryn_Wilde Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was too sweet. Really.... It gave me that mushy feeling and everything. :D Can't wait for more.
    L
  18. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that was a nice chapter, Swede. Nice to see you updated, too. ;)
  19. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Jovieve Jedi Master

star 4
    I've just come from a fanfic full of Xanatos/slash/torture...I need a mush fix.

Sock it to us, Swede.
  21. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Is Obi-Wan going to be permanently mute, or will he learn how to talk in the future?

Post more soon!
  22. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    aww... very sweet, even though it was a bit sad. Ameryl is so protective of Obi-Wan :)

23. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Swede, I love it already! Those poor kids! They all need hugs! *Huggles all the kids*

Poor Obi!

Where are my posts on Bonds and Eyes, though? :confused: ;)

KenobisGirl :p
  24. kimbilili-k-s Jedi Knight

star 2
    yay! you finally posted!!

ah...mystery. I like Obi=Wan's behaviour. :D post more soon.
  25. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Qui-Gon led the two slowly out of the room, Obi-Wan blinking rapidly at the change in light. At seeing the woman scowling at him and Ameryl, he made a small whimpering noise and backed behind Qui-Gon, hiding behind his legs and pulling the man?s arm with him. Qui-Gon in turn stared down at the woman, wishing so much that he had the power to call her in to the Republic. Or, better yet, that they would actually do anything about it.

?You have everything you need then?? The woman asked with disdain.

?I presume you have their histories and medical records?? The woman rolled her eyes and waved her hand in the air.

?Somewhere. You want those too?? Qui-Gon nodded. The woman sighed. ?Fine. Anything to get rid of those two. It will be a lot easier to handle the rest once they?re gone.? Qui-Gon took a deep breath to control his emotions and followed her out of the play area, Ameryl and Obi-Wan trailing behind. He was going to make that call to his friend as soon as he was in space. He just couldn?t bare to leave these children here any longer then need be.

He waited with the two young ones as the woman dug around, literally, for their records in filing cabinets and large, but old dust covered shelves. Finally finding them, she only would hand them over for a fee.

?You?d have to pay anyway, for taking them. You?re actually getting a deal with the records throw in free.? Qui-Gon doubted that but he paid but not before haggling it down a little. Once the woman was checking his account, scowling the whole time, Qui-Gon bid her farewell.

?Keep your good-byes.? She said. ?I don?t every want to see those two again."

Obi-Wan was still hiding behind his legs and Ameryl stayed close to him though she bared her teeth and hissed once in a awhile.

?You need not worry about that, madam. I?ll make sure to keep them out of your way.? Forever, the Force willing. ?Come children.? He said then led them outside and to his ship.

When they neared the Kewana both Obi-Wan and Ameryl paused and marveled at the ship. Qui-Gon smirked.

?You haven?t seen anything like her, have you?? Two small heads shook in denial. ?Not many people have. She?s a gift from a planet for helping them with some raiders.? The Kewana was a sleek, long silver-gray ship all curves and soft angles. The wings tapered back with the engines mounted on the back. Two swiveling gun turrets were placed at the joint with the wings and were desighed to be able to be pulled in and out of view. A large cockpit viewport was centered in the front while three more smaller ones lined both sides. The cargo hold was located on the bottom and was large enough to hold two speeders comfortably. The ship towered over Qui-Gon by at least two meters. To the two youngsters, it was huge. ?Come, I?ll introduce you to her.?

He got two puzzled looks but just smiled in return then keyed in the unlock and opened the ramp. The lock was merely a cover for the real security system and more for looks for passerby?s. It was near impossible to enter the ship without his authorization and without his knowledge or harming the would-be thief. Leading the two Force children onboard and to the cockpit he settled them down in the two seats behind the pilot and co-pilot seats. After he was sure that they were secure, and that they understood to stay that way until they were space-born, he seated himself in the high back synth-leather pilot seat. His thick but able hands flew over the controls and he smiled at a message that scrolled across one of the screens. He typed one back not wanting to give away his secret until they were out of the atmosphere. He glanced back to see both Ameryl and Obi-Wan gaping at everything around them with wide eyes.

?Alright, we?re ready to go.? He warned them and both youths pulled there attention from the bulk heads around them to the viewport in front. Qui-Gon punched the throttle and the ship launched off the pad. Ameryl squealed in delight. Qui-Gon glanced back to see Obi-Wan sitting wide eyed and white knuckled but once he got used
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.