main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where exactly was the Emperor's spire/throneroom?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by deltau922, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    When Luke was looking out the window at the battle, the Super Star Destroyer sure seemed far away. But during the battle it is roughly 'parallel' with the equator of the Death Star (and pointed at the DS). What in the heck was Luke's vantage point? And Where in the heck was the Executor when it got hit - straight above it?

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Never thought about that. I guess the Executor moved above the Death Star after that.

3. SON-OF-THE-SITH

SON-OF-THE-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2004
    I'm pretty sure that the Emperors tower is along the equator but you're right the vantage point seems weird

In the ROTJ novel is there not a scene were the Emperor tells Jerjerrod to fire on Endor? Could be that either 1) the Death Star is moving forward to fire on Endor or 2)SSD Executor was moving away from the fleet and planet to avoid debris or something?

4. deltau922

Jul 19, 1999
    If it's near the equator does that mean it sticks out straight from the side?

5. SON-OF-THE-SITH

SON-OF-THE-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2004
    remember how big the death star is , this spire possible may not be bigger than any of the turbolaser turrets or shield towers , it may have stuck out but i don't think by much

6. wathomas777

wathomas777 Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    Why would you consider it on the equator? I would guess that the spire would be at one of the poles. The emporers tower would be one of the axis in which the death star rotates.

If you look close at all the stuff on the death star it looks evident that the "floors" of the death star are laid along the latitudinal axis of the station (see the hanger bays, and for instance). I just assumed the Emperors chamber would be at the "top" of the death star, the "north pole".

7. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    For some strange reason, I actually thought it was supposed to be at the very top, near the "north pole" of the Death Star.
    Or maybe not...[face_thinking] Anyone else remember that, or was it just me?

(EDIT: Wathomas777 ^^^ beat me to it. :p)

8. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I always assumed it was the "top" as well... can't see the Emperor being anywhere but above everybody else.

9. deltau922

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it would almost have to be at the top (regardless of how far it stuck out) or else everything would be sliding toward one side of the room. Plus Vader couldn't have thrown him down the shaft. And if it's at the top, then it would make Luke's vantage point of the battle REALLY screwy.

10. masterjedi747

Jul 1, 2004
    remember how big the death star is , this spire possible may not be bigger than any of the turbolaser turrets or shield towers , it may have stuck out but i don't think by much
    Probably, yes. If it is indeed at the "north pole", it would probably be a significantly large (and well-shielded) tower up there. But when compared to the size of the Death Star, it would also be like any other ordinary tower on a small planet - you might not even see it unless you came very close. ;)

Yeah, it would almost have to be at the top or else everything would be sliding toward one side of the room. Plus Vader couldn't have thrown him down the shaft.
    Ummm... you do know that they are pretty good at this whole "artificial gravity" thing.
    So it could still work on the equator, if he had really wanted to put it there... ;)

And if it's at the top, then it would make Luke's vantage point of the battle REALLY screwy.
    [face_dancing]TaDa!!! :p

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    also, you see the length of the Executor parallel to the throne room's floor - so it can't be sticking out of the side

the whole rest of the logistics are pretty weird, though

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The throne tower was at the north pole of the DS2 (and DS1, for that matter, though obviously never used).

13. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    Exactly!!!

14. masterjedi747

Jul 1, 2004
    The throne tower was at the north pole of the DS2 (and DS1, for that matter, though obviously never used).
    Did the first Death Star actually have one, or was it perhaps just another upgrade in the second version? Or do we even know? [face_thinking]

15. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    and for any of you looking for a source on the matter, I'm pretty sure it was the RotJ novelization that placed the throne room tower at the "north pole" of the Death Star.

16. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    In the Star Wars Technical Journal,it shows the Emperor's Spire located on the North Pole of the DS2. The first Death Star also had one,but was never put to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.