main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where Few Tread (KOTOR Drabbles) Week 9 - Kreia, 3/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dark_jedi_lover, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark_jedi_lover

dark_jedi_lover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Title: Where Few Tread
    Timeframe: Before, during, and after both KOTOR games
    Characters: Both crews of the Ebon Hawk(mostly the second), various Jedi and Sith. May contain large quantities of Atton Rand.
    Genre: Anything and everything, probably
    Notes: Response to the UDC3

PM List
    KELIA
    VaderLVR64
    Commander-DWH
    KotOR_girl
    heinapaa
    Ulic_Starwalker
    Darth-Spider-Queen
    KotORBF2Female_Revan

Week 1 - The Exile, Brienna Juun

1, happy

Brienna yanked on the brush, growling as it became more entangled in her hair. In the mirror she saw the door open and an older girl walk in.

"You're late for breakfast," the girl said.

Brienna's lip trembled. "It's not my fault."

"Don't cry, Initiate." The girl took the brush and started untwisting Brienna's blond locks.

Brienna glared at the girl's own hair, tied in a perfect white bun. "My name is Brienna."

"Nice to meet you, Brienna. I'm Atris." She smiled gently--the first happy expression Brienna had seen at the Enclave. She decided she liked Atris, and grinned back.

2, sad

Brienna lowered herself to the floor, matching her master's meditative pose. "Kreia...did you really mean what you said earlier, about people being tools?"

"Would I teach you something I did not consider to be true?" Kreia asked.

"But how can you believe that?"

Kreia lifted her head sharply, lifeless eyes glaring at her student. "Whether you accept it or not, they will always follow their own selfish motivations, not caring who they trample in the process."

"No." She touched the woman's wrinkled hand. "I'm not like that, and I don't believe you are either."

"That's where you're wrong," Kreia whispered.

3, curious

Brienna had almost made it to the door when curiosity won out as usual. She turned back towards him. "Revan, can I ask you something?"

The man looked up distractedly from his datapad. "Hmm?"

She pointed to an object on his desk. "Why the mask?"

Revan picked up the mask and traced his finger along the red and grey design. "Just a...precaution."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Precaution for what?"

"The future."

"You're really annoying when you're cryptic," Brienna sighed.

He pulled his gaze away from the mask; blue eyes clouded. Then he blinked, and grinned at her. "Yes, I know."

4, angry

Brienna edged away, swallowing hard. She backed against the wall as the man's gloved fingers slipped around her neck. She whimpered, and Sion's broken features twisted into a snarl.

"I expected more from you, Exile. Your master would surely despise you as I do if she saw how you cower in fear."

Gasping for air, Brienna reached for her lightsaber. Sion growled as the silver blade grazed his ribs. He shoved her away and grabbed his own weapon.

With the Force as her strength, she took a fighting stance.

Sion grinned nastily. "Perhaps you are not so pathetic, after all."

5, content

Brienna felt a hand shaking her shoulder, and groaned. "Don't tell me it's morning already."

"Nope." She twisted to see Atton grinning like a madman. "Hate to tell you, babe, but you snore like a bantha."

"What? I do not!"

"Do too."

"Oh yeah?" she grumbled. "Well, you have cold feet."

"You're so hot, I'm sure you can fix that," he said, snuggling against her. She shrieked as his feet brushed her leg.

"Atton Rand, I'm gonna-"

He pressed his lips to hers, cutting off her death threats.

She sighed happily when he released her. "Cheater."

"I love you too."

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice

Sad was my favorite.

I always thought it unfortunate Kreia embraced the negative.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great drabbles! Sad was also my favorite. :) Please PM me when you update these.

=D=

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Oooo, I caught these over my lunch break, and they were delightful! Please keep me posted with updates. :)

5. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    Ahh, I love some good KotOR fic in the afternoon! Great job.

6. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    [face_laugh] True!

Very cool fic. :) =D= Interesting and it has some great funny moments )like content). :cool:
    Please add me to PM list!

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Okay, I have to admit that I don't know, well, anything about KOTOR, but I wanted to peek in on all the drabble sets. I enjoyed looking into this almost (for me) whole new galaxy.

Favorite bit:

He pulled his gaze away from the mask; blue eyes clouded. Then he blinked, and grinned at her. "Yes, I know."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

8. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great stuff. I wish I knew more of the characters. I can hardly get my KOTOR to run right. :p

p.s. And I do snore like a Bantha ? I can relate.

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Great drabbles! I only know a little bit about KotoR, but I like what I've read here. :D

10. dark_jedi_lover

Dec 25, 2004
    KELIA: Thanks. It is unfortunate--I know a lot of people don't like Kreia, but I personally find her subtle tragedy fascinating.

VaderLVR64: Sad was definitely one of my favorites to write. Thanks for reading.

Commander-DWH: Thanks, I'm glad you like them.

DarthBerryStraw: I like KOTOR fic any time of day. ;) Thanks for reading.

KotOR_girl: I figure being surrounded by cryptic people all the time would eventually get on a person's nerves. I found Content rather funny myself, I'm glad someone else thinks so.

ginchy: Thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed peeking into my favorite era. :)

BigE: Thanks. Yeah, computers can be so silly sometimes. I've been told a few times that I snore, but I always deny it. [face_mischief]

amidalachick: Thanks, glad you enjoyed 'em.

PM list will be added to the first post.

Boy, these prompts were hard. Especially Bespin, which, according to Wookiepedia, wasn't even colonized until two thousand years after KOTOR. :oops:

[b][i]Week 2 - Companions[/i]

6, Alderaan[/b]

[blockquote]Gena heard her husband's heavy footsteps and went into the living room. "How was work, hon?"

Hal slumped in his chair and groaned. "They want that new programming by next month."

She frowned. "Tell me you didn't cancel our trip to Alderaan."

"I didn't. [i]They[/i] did."

"If Czerka thinks they can just push around--"

"Gena, don't."

She stomped into the kitchen, then sighed. They could reschedule the visit to her homeworld, of course. The fear that Czerka's shoving was breaking off little pieces of her husband's spirit she hid in her mind as she hid her hands in soapy dishwater.[/blockquote]

[b]7, Yavin IV[/b]

[blockquote]He followed her to the bookshelf. "Something troubles you, Atris."

She turned to him. "Kavar...are you ever tempted to break the Code?"

A breeze drifted through the window, tugging at her hair. Kavar brushed it back into place. "I'd be lying if I said the life of a Jedi was never difficult."

"We are Masters; we should be above this."

"Perhaps..." Leaning down, he kissed her. For a moment, excuse took over. They were alone, in an abandoned jungle temple. No one would ever know.

Except her.

She pulled away. "There is no emotion."

Kavar sighed. "There is peace."[/blockquote]

[b]8, Bespin[/b]

[blockquote]B-4D4 handed the credits to the Ugnaught, who eyed him suspiciously.

"Our master is a wealthy diplomat," B-4 said arrogantly.

After the Ugnaught brought their merchandise, and they had left the shop, B-4's partner relayed his approval.

"You are right, T1-N1, the ability to lie does come in handy."

T1 asked a question.

"No, I think that particular blaster may be a bit large for you."

The astromech [i]deetled[/i] angrily.

"No, I wasn't calling you short," B-4D4 amended. "It's just that you have no arms."

[i]Dwoo?[/i]

"I suppose it's possible...Are you [i]certain[/i] you want arms installed?"

T1 whistled excitedly.[/blockquote]

[b]9, Hapes[/b]

[blockquote]The little girl tugged at his hand. "Candy, I'm tired--carry me."

Canderous grimaced at the nickname. "You're a big girl; you can walk."

She wasn't fooled by his flattery. "Carry me."

"We're almost there."

She put her hands on her hips. "I'll tell Mommy."

He groaned and picked her up, wondering how it was possible for a four-year-old to be as bossy as a Hapan princess. She snuggled in his arms and rested her head against his neck, and for a moment he decided he didn't really mind her demands.

And then she grumbled, "Candy, I'm hungry."[/blockquote]

[b]10, Dagobah[/b]

[blockquote]Stomping furiously through a swamp was never a good idea, a concept Revan completely forgot until he slipped and fell on his backside. He growled. He hated it, the mud, the cave, the whole blasted planet.

He could almost see his master gloating, the flip of her greying hair, the quiet "I warned you." For a second he considered adding her to his lis

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved all of them, but I think my favorite was Alderaan. =D=

12. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I loved them. I don't think I can pick one over the others.

Keep up the good work.

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...Hapes was adorable.

Though, I just had to [face_laugh] [face_laugh] at someone bold enough to call Canderous Candy!

I think Yavin IV was my favorite.

It's not surprising the Jedi of that era struggled with the code as well.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. heinapaa

heinapaa Jedi Knight

Sep 9, 2008
    Oh, these drabbles made my day!
    I've just played through KOTOR(s) for the first time, so this is a whole new era for me. So far, loving it :)
    Loved your version of Revan, and the drabble with the mask. Also, Yavin IV was especially excellent. The two of them reciting the code was heartbreaking.

Put me on the PM list, please?

15. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    Yavin IV. =P~ That was nice.

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wonderful! I especially enjoyed "Yavin IV" and "Hapes".

17. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    Candy! :D [face_laugh] =D= Brilliant!
    I loved Hapes. :)

18. dark_jedi_lover

Dec 25, 2004
    Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone! :)

Real Life has been crazy lately, and I've been sick. Hopefully I'll be able to do some catching up in the near future.

19. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Haha, awesome drabbles! [face_laugh] Can't belive I managed to miss it! :oops: Please update it soon and add me to the PM list! :D

20. w-righter

w-righter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    Awesom fic! :D Crazy and very fun. =D=

21. Darth-Spider-Queen

Darth-Spider-Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Hahahahah! [face_laugh] Very cool! =D= Add me to list when you write an update! :)

22. dark_jedi_lover

Dec 25, 2004

Week 3 - Mical (the Disciple)

11, on the fly

A Jedi considers his words before speaking. This was always an easy lesson for Mical, except where Brienna Juun was involved. His brain seemed to shut down whenever he talked to her, making her laugh as he blurted the first thing that popped in his head.

This time he planned his words way ahead, rehearsing them over and over in his mind. He wouldn't let her leave believing he was just a silly kid.

But when he saw her, backpack slung over her shoulder, he forgot his words and ran to hug her.

Instead of laughing, she hugged him back.

12, sink or swim

A Jedi succeeds completely or fails utterly. Mical struggled with this; it was in his nature to try his best, but his best was never good enough for the masters. He could never quite get the concept of deciding beforehand the outcome of his given tasks; predicting the future was not on his lists of talents.

Master Atris told him his failures came from his mix of hope and doubt--that lack of certainty was dangerous for a Jedi.

He wasn't really surprised when he was called to the Council chamber to be told he would never be a Jedi.

13, rock the boat

A Jedi always follows the Code. He had just gotten the hang of this when his padawan came along. She followed her own set of rules, and he could either change his own views or be driven insane.

The issue was further complicated when he was put on the Council. He was held to a higher standard, required to develop a more Jedi Masterly attitude.

"Careful," the girl teased, "or you'll end up as stuffy as Master Bastila."

He scolded his apprentice for her disrespect of the Grand Master, but not too harshly, for the fear that she was right.

14, get over it

A Jedi has no attachments. Of the many rules in the Order, this was the most difficult. He couldn't help caring about those important to him, a discrepancy he was convinced was a flaw of the Jedi, not himself.

He was absolutely certain of this belief until the day his padawan locked herself in her room, swearing she would emerge only when promised she would see her mother again.

Mical leaned wearily against the door, knowing he couldn't expect the girl to let go of something he refused to himself.

He wondered if he would ever truly be a Jedi.

15, under the gun

A Jedi does not act out of anger. Mical recited this in his mind as his fingers tightened around his weapon. This was not an execution, not a means of revenge for everything the Sith Lord had taken from him.

He was not denying his feelings under the pretense that he was doing what was best for the galaxy. This had nothing to do with any life-long infatuation for the Exile. It wasn't like stabbing the Sith through the heart was punishment for breaking Mical's.

He raised his lightsaber and prayed the Force would forgive him.

Jedi, the witch hissed.

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Loved the Jedi sayings at the beginning of each drabble.

He couldn't help caring about those important to him, a discrepancy he was convinced was a flaw of the Jedi, not himself.

I agree. that was one of the worst rules...[face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

And I believe every Jedi broke it

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    14, get over it

A Jedi has no attachments. Of the many rules in the Order, this was the most difficult. He couldn't help caring about those important to him, a discrepancy he was convinced was a flaw of the Jedi, not himself.

He was absolutely certain of this belief until the day his padawan locked herself in her room, swearing she would emerge only when promised she would see her mother again.

Mical leaned wearily against the door, knowing he couldn't expect the girl to let go of something he refused to himself.

He wondered if he would ever truly be a Jedi.

Lovely drabbles! =D=

25. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Awesome update! =D=

He raised his lightsaber and prayed the Force would forgive him.

Jedi, the witch hissed.

That was especially nice. :)

Thanks for the PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.