main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where have the Lightsabers gone?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BKP, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Oh, my mistake! My son informs me that he wants the Obi-Wan ForceFX saber! I've created a monster! AIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ah, the joys of parenting!

2. wgoolsby

wgoolsby Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    They are stocked full here. The shelf is about 8 deep and 2 tall. They just don't sell here. Might buy some and put them on eBay at a better cost than 24.00.. Give people a chance to get them if their store is sold out.

3. GeneralDooku

GeneralDooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    I hadn't really picked up on this until I read the title of this thread and realized here in Indiana, there gona as well! The Obi one was one I wanted as it was the saber from RotS and ANH. But I'm still waiting for a Palpatine saber.

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
  5. DarkJedi12

DarkJedi12 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2004
    I have the Anakin color=-changing and Obi-Wan saber, and they're both bent. I had about 2-3 fights with Anakin's and 5-6 with Obi-Wan's. No wonder they're off the shelves.

6. Young_Punk

Young_Punk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    There all gone here too i wanted obis and dookus
    I luckily got the last anikin one when they had alot of them.

7. anakinvader101

anakinvader101 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I had sight of 5 or 6 sabers with anakins and darths form the otc

8. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Has anyone seen those plush sabers in stores yet?

9. JediMaster_koon

JediMaster_koon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2005
    i have all the electronic lightsabers except obi-wans and yodas... but the stores by me on have yoda and anikan and obi wan there are barely mace windu and dooku ones any more. I snagged the last one of each at different times.but yea i'v notice less and less of lightsabers. except obi-wans and yodas in toys r us. and its not just lighsabers disapering its also the books, comics, etc everything!!!!

10. Young_Punk

Young_Punk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    its all happening so fast

11. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    this is what sucks about retail stores: star wars toys are obviously selling very well. but the stores aren't restocking them because they've shifted their focus to batman and fantastic four...or in the case of walmart, they seem to be restocking only outdoor summer toys like swimming pools, waterguns, etc. why don't they restock star wars? it must be because they planned months in advance what they would sell, and they aren't changing the plan. i hate to be a pessimist, but i think star wars is dead for the forseeable future. i've already been told by a target employee that they're done with it, and wal-mart is starting to put it on clearance, so i think it's over. it's a sad example of how two corporations control the toy market.

12. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    ^

Yeah, it's obvious that there is still a very high demand for SW toys (especially Force FX sabers)...Lots of empty shelves in the "Star Wars section" in Target, Wal-Mart, etc... and every time I went to those stores to see what they have in stock, I always see a parent there asking a employee if they have a specific toy (usually a saber) in stock and the employee's response made the parent's children disappointed/sad/tearful eyes...

Oh, my mistake! My son informs me that he wants the Obi-Wan ForceFX saber! I've created a monster! AIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Good luck trying to find any type of Force FX, all the stores in my area are sold out (and pretty much everywhere else, judging by the Force FX thread). When I placed my hold for a Force FX at Shaper Image, the sales clerk said that there were six people ahead of me. Hopefully, they don't all want ROTS Anakin saber.

EDITS: Clearifications.

13. canadadry

canadadry Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    After I first read this post, I could not find any lightsabers anywhere. However in the last couple of days I have seen them in several Walmarts and Targets in the New Haven area.

14. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i finally saw one basic saber in a small display at a grocery store! that's the first one i've seen in quite a while.

15. Darth_Wraith182

Darth_Wraith182 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    you can still bye them in the uk, i have the full collection,
    even the disney ones lolo_O so i have no idea y they would pull them off the shelves unless the was a fault with them?
    saying this tho, news of the too foolish english
    brothers.who took to petrol filled glass tubes, set the end a light and tryed to film the own sabre battle, lets just say they r in hospital and wont b coming out 4 a while.

16. Darth_Absolute

Darth_Absolute Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    does anyone know if they are going to re sell darth vaders lightsaber again or sell palpatines lightsaber for that matter

17. JKE712

JKE712 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I would LOVE Palpatine's if they got the hilt right. Too bad the screwed up Mace Windu's which has prevented mefrom getting it

18. Darth_Absolute

Darth_Absolute Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    i personally think the major problem with mace windus electronic lightsaber is similar to obiwans and anakins from attack of the clones in that the blade doesnt light up as well if they put in 3 colored lightsaber like they did with obiwans to make the blue show up better then maces blade would be better but as it is now it looks brownish

19. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I think the main problem is that the hilt of Windu's lightsaber looks nothign like the one in the films.

The last time I saw a lightsaber it was the Episode II Obi-Wan lightsaber at my local TRU about three days ago. [face_worried]

~Vassago

20. EwokTVmoviesRule

EwokTVmoviesRule Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Went to target this morning and they had a bunch of the plastic lightsabers back in stock. First time i've seen them in WEEKS.

21. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Found the Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin ones at Target a couple of weeks ago. Bought right away since that was the first time that I had seen them and had been looking for weeks!

Asked at a couple of TRU, since they were out, and sales associates told me that they would be getting another shipment in July, so try TRU now.

22. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    The lightsabers seem to have RETURNED. :D

My mom found electronic lightsabers at the Target back home yesterday, and I found them today at Wal-Mart. I picked up Vader's red saber. Problem is, though, that the light doesn't always turn on. :( I'm going to have to exchange it tomorrow. Also, it has motion activated sounds, kinda like the FX sabers.

23. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yep I've been seeing them more often around here too.

Though since the Hasbro sabers have been out for literaly decades longer then the ForceFX aren't the ForceFX like Hasbro sabers and not vice versa [face_thinking]

24. Shigamado

Shigamado Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Hasbro has just released a build your own lightsaber kit called "Ultimate lightsaber". Check my thread for more info.

25. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    weezer... I used to own the POTF2 Vader lightsaber, and it didn't have the motion activated sounds. None of the ''latest'' electronic sabers did until now. It's a pretty neat touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.