Where I belong- K/J Romance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eowyn_Jade, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    okay don't kill me for writing a Jaina?Kyp viggie but I couldn't resist!

<>><<>

Where I belong...
    by Eowyn Jade

She wasted no time in scrambling out of her fighter. Tearing her helmet off she jumped down and scrambled over to his X-Wing, taking no precaution to hide her venting anger. She stood impatiently tapping her foot while he climbed down, taking his time, just to annoy her. Fed up, she used the force, shoving him onto the ground. He looked up at her, shocked and amazed by her anger.

?Nice move out there Kyp. You want to get more pilots killed? Go back to you?re dozen!? Jaina snapped her head around and started walking briskly away. He ran up to walk with her.

?Wait a minute there Goddess, you know that shooting off that shadow bomb was the only way any of us could survive,? He was trying to make her look at him, but she kept walking.

?Any of us? Kyp five pilots came back! FIVE! Out of 15!? She held up the fingers in front of him, staring hard into his eyes, still fuming at his decision.

?I guess this gets rid of my chance for the first interdictor award huh??

He felt her slap him hard in the face, his cockiness finally pushing her over the edge. Not even waiting for him to recover, she continued walking away. He continued to follow her.

?Jaina?? he tried.

?No Kyp! Don?t talk to me! You just don?t get it do you?? She stopped and turned towards him, her eyes blazing. ?You don?t value anyone?s life but your own! You just don?t care about anyone else! You just don?t understand what it?s like to loose someone!?

Blinking a few tears back, she turned away from him again, prepared to walk away. Before she could, he shot his hand out and grasped her wrist.

?Look Jaina,? he dropped the sarcasm of his voice and replaced it with anger, to show that he wasn?t kidding around ?You know I had no choice then, just like I had no choice now??

The hot tears were streaming down her face, but Kyp held her wrist strong, determined not to let her get away. He tried top reason with her again, reason with her to try and get her forgiveness.

?It was you or him?You heard what he said??

?You should have killed me!? She finally cried. Kyp felt his bottom lip tremble with shock. He knew she would rather die then him, but he never thought that she would admit it.

?Jaina, he wanted you to go on??

?How does he expect me to go on? Force Kyp! I?? she stopped struggling at his hold on her and dropped her hand. She hung her head down, hiding her tears. Not wanting any comfort from him.

He dropped her hand and backed up a few steps, taking them both by surprise. She looked up at him. He found himself staring at her, analyzing her beauty and her figure. Force she was beautiful?

He saw that she was about to speak, but he got the words out faster than she could.

?You loved him, I know??

She closed her eyes, holding back her sobs and tears. Biting his bottom lip he glanced around. The hanger was empty except for them now. Five X-Wings stood in line, each decorated with their pilots own design. Kyp felt a lump in his throat as he thought about when Jaina had given the order, and who they had been with. If only..

?I didn?t mean that Kyp?I?m sorry about what I said?? She didn?t look at his again before she walked out of the hanger bay, her footsteps pounding in his head, and this time, he did not follow her.

<>><<>

Kyp hesitated before reaching up to knock on the door. What did he think he was doing? She?d probably laugh right in his face, or she?d punch him. Whichever one it was, Kyp wasn?t sure he would be able to handle it. He lowered his hand?

But?

She needs someone right now. Since Jag?s death she?s been locking herself in her room all day, coming out only to do battles?battles?Kyp bit his lip, remembering?

?Jag! Force Jag what in the world are you doing?? Kyp swerved his X-Wing around, shooting more skips off Jag?s tail as the young Chiss pilot dove deeper into the battle.

?Jag?? Jaina?s small voice came over the intercom. Kyp watched in horror
  2. Bellyup Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yay!!! More K/Jness! I get the first reply! :D

This was totally amazing. Kyp's emotions were really excellently done! The ending was super--with that little touch of mush coming as a last little surprise. It's nice to see a viggie all about them instead of all about their mush! :p

This line really struck me--it was completely the bitter, questioning yet sarcastic-to-the-grave Kyp that we all know and love. :)

?What do you care Jaina!? he cut her off. ?You afraid to loose your punching bag? I would think you would be happy that I was sending myself into peril. Then maybe you could concentrate on killing yourself instead of trying to kill me!?

Wonderful!! UP!
  3. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah! A review! Thanks so much Bellyup! I really am glad you liked it. This is my first shot at J/K romance and I wasn't sure how I would do ^_^ Thanks so much for bringing my hopes up!

EJ
  4. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Whoa, that was crackling with anger and tension! Great job expressing those! It was nice to see Kyp a little angry, he is always the understanding one. It was nice to see the slight role reversal. :)

Great job!
  5. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks so much Jaded Skywalker :D yeah I thought a reversal of the roles would put a little spin on some things ^_^ Thanks again! I'm glad that you liked it!

EJ

ps. I love your LOTR quotes in your sig :)
  6. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    no one else? I thought there were a bunch of K/J lvers out there... :( well maybe I'll just go back and write a J/J viggie then... [face_devil]

EJ
  7. The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight

star 5
    Wow, that was sad . . .

You killed Jag! :D Woohoo! :D

I think a lot of the K/Jers are away, KAJSU's been pretty dead lately. :(

I really liked the angry tension between the two of them. Jaina was being really selfish, and Kyp was right to be upset by some of the things she said, even though she was sad . . . The characterisations were great. :)

More J/Jers should write K/J, it'd do them good. :p
  8. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    Sora_JADE!!!!!! How could you write something besides J/J???

Of course, I loved it. :p

But I reaaaaaaaaallly don't want you to be converted- I've already had 5 devout J/Jers lost to the Kyp side! :_| :_|
  9. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah! Thanks so much for reviewing Standmaiden ^_^ Well I'm not exactly a J/Jer or a J/Ker...I just do what I feel like 8-} Thanks again!

EJ
  10. NarundiJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Hey, I liked it! :) I don't think you could call me a K/J-er though, even though I read the fanfic. :p

You should definitely write more K/J! ;) Don't listen to the J/Jers! :p

Jae Angel
  11. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry that I dissapointed you Saber-of-Light :( but I had this idea and it would only work for J/K! I'm glad you reviewed though! Thanks so much!

Like I said before, I do what I want NarundiJedi 8-} but thanks for reading! I'm glad you like!

EJ
  12. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Saber-of-Light, there are far too many J/Jers out there so losing 5 or 6 or even 10 doesn't make that big of a deal.

We have a name for those 5 people - smart.

Now, for the story review...

Kyp Durron is the best, and I LOVE the fact that he's the one that made the decision to sacrifice Jag. Somebody otta do that in the real NJO.

Good start, definately, and I especially love the incredibly long posts. Sometimes if you read the stories that have like 2 paragraphs per post, it can get frustrating having to wait for more.

It's kinda funny though, cuz this story falls in line with the one big thing that K/Jers and J/Jers disagree upon.

J/Jers have this theory that Jag and Kyp should be good friends while K/Jers (especailly me), for the most part, can't stand the Nazi colonel. Names like Cardboard, Captain Cardboard, etc. I find humorous, as do the rest of my fellow K/Jers.

One final salute to Jag...

Zieg Heil! [face_devil]

Au revoir,
    Chrs
  13. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    A salute to you Chris for such a nice reply :D I'm so glad that you liked it! It was too short to do multipe posts so I fugured "what the hey, I'll post it all at once..."

I'm not a J/Jer or a K/Jer but I do think that Jag and Kyp work betetr when they're friends, but i don't mind having them beat up each other every once and a while, which is exactly what is happeneing in another story of mine right now 8-} ...

Thanks again Chris

EJ
  14. The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight

star 5
    [face_laugh] That's supposed to say "Chris" :p
  15. KypAndJaina4Ever Jedi Youngling

?You listen here, Goddess. I do care. I care a lot more than you may think! Just because you?ve lost a lot doesn?t mean that everyone else?s losses are null sat! You try and take your anger out on me every day and I go through with it! Force Jaina! I go through with it! And do you know why?? He drew a deep breath. ?Because I care about you? So don?t you go giving me any more crap about my levels of empathy because you have no idea what my life has been like!? He finally stopped, his breath coming in large intervals and his finger still hanging in front of her face.
    :) This was a very emotionally charged piece. :) Good work.

Kyp and Jaina Forever!
  16. ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Uh oh- I'm getting drawn into the K/J crowd.

Shhh... don't tell anyone else.

-Rogue
  17. JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great post. I just have one question. Why is it, whenever a J/Jer writes a K/J, does Jag have to have recently died for Jaina to even remotely consider Kyp romantically? It really tics me off, why can't Jaina just up and leave Jag, or better yet, she technically isn't romantically involved with Jag in NJO, so why even go down that road?

~*~The Queen~*~
  18. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Why thank you KypAndJaina4Ever ^_^ Nice name!

You and me both ROGUE_49 ^_^ I won't tell if you don't :D

Thanx JainaJediQueen ^_^ But "not romantically involved?" What in the world do you mean by that? Have you even read Force Heritic 1? They're pretty "romanticalyl involved" there ^_- And I have one question for you, how is it that no matter what i write, I'm never wirting good enough J/K for you :confused: something to think about Queen ^_^ Thanks for reviewing!

EJ
  19. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My, my, a fight that I didn't start. [face_shocked] That's... that's never happened before!

Okay, I can settle this one easy... but I do enjoy a good fight. AND I won't have to pay $49.99 to watch this like the Ruiz/Jones Jr. fight or any Mike Tyson fight. Then again, I didn't actually pay to see those, but someday I'll end up getting suckered into it...

Anyway, let's look at the...

Tale of the Tape

In the red corner, author of this story, Eowyn_Jade

- First time K/J writer
    - Claims not be allied with either side, but writes mostly J/J
    - Claims that JJQ isn't satisfied when she writes a K/J
    - Claims that Jaina and Jag are "romantically involved" in the real NJO

And in the blue corner, reviewer and fellow author of seperate stories, JediJainaQueen

- Former J/Jer, converted to K/Jer
    - "Ticked off" by J/Jers who write K/J stories that always end up becoming K/J after Jag dies
    - Claims that Jaina and Jag aren't really "romantically involved" in the real NJO

The results...

Who scored more points? Well, let's see who has more valid points...

Score points for Eowyn_Jade for...

- Claiming that Jaina and Jag are romantically involved in the real NJO. (While they haven't exchanged vows of love to each other, and while I hope they never do, they ARE romantically involved in terms of being boyfriend/girlfriend.) 2 points

- Writing this story. (It's rare enough for a J/Jer to write a K/J story, and it's best to savor it while it last.) 2 points

- Replying quickly. (Some authors, including myself sometimes, take forever to get back to your responses. This was quick and not just a 'thanks' message. The replies from the Eowyn were actual replies and not message machine respones.) 1 point

Subtract points for...

- Claiming that JJQ isn't satisfied with whatever she writes. (JJQ never said that she doesn't like the story. She simply stated her beef over how J/Jers only write K/J AFTER Jag dies.) 1 point

TOTAL: 4

Score points for JediJainaQueen for...

- Claiming J/Jers only write K/J after Jag dies, and that Jaina only chooses Kyp out of default. (This is an excellent point. I've never seen a J/Jer write a K/J where Jag dumps Jaina or vice versa. Instead, Jag always ends up dying, not saying that I mind. In most J/Jers' K/J stories, Kyp is the plan B. Perhaps it's too much to ask of Jag worshippers to make him look bad in any way.) 3 points

- Openly speaking her mind. (Too often, I see people who are afraid to speak their minds' on these boards from the fear of offending somebody and becoming somebody's enemy. We need more people who speak up!) 2 points

Subtract points for...

- Claiming that Jag and Jaina are not really "romantically involved" in the real NJO. (It's even painfully obvious to me, a K/Jer, that Cardboard and Jaina are involved in the real NJO. This will only be a one point penalty, though, since there is SOME credit behind this argument since Jag and Jaina aren't married, haven't proclaimed that they love each other, and that their relationship is mostly physical.) 1 point

The final tally...
    Eowyn_Jade 4
    JediJainaQueen 4

Split decision? Nope. Eowyn_Jade wins this time since she wrote a good K/J and I'm trying really hard to get J/Jers to defect by sucking up and being... nice to them. JJQ has already defected, but I'll have to let her win one of these fights someday... ;)

That's it. Can't wait to analyze the NEXT fight.
  20. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    ::rolls eyes dramatically:: Oh boy... 8-}

how long did it take you to write that one up Chris? Nice touch, I like people who suck up to me :D

EJ
  21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight

star 5
    That's Chris for you... 8-} At least it wasn't perverted this time... 8-}

Great one! I enjoyed your debut into K/Jness! Yipee!

Very, very nice!
  22. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't even want to know what you ment by that comment about Chris JJD 8-}

Thanks so much for reviewing! I'm glad that I've got your approval too ^_^

EJ
  23. JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I did not say that I didn't like, I was merely making a point that most J/Jers stick to the same basic plot line when they write a K/J, it's like no one has an imagination anymore! (No offense to you, it just gets boring after awhile)
    And on the romantically involved thing, I have read Remnant, but they act like me and Andy, who just happens to be a guy but is more of a brother to me than anything.

~*~The Queen~*~
  24. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    In Remnant, when Jag and Jaina are sparing, they definitly kiss more than a brother and sister would...atleast more than I would with my three brothers...and then there's the line when Jag has Jaina read his mind and he says "I want very much to be more than you're friend Jaina Solo..." or something like that. And then through the whole book, Jag keep thinking about how he wants to be closer to Jaina and she's having similar thoughts...get the pattern there?

If that's not what you call "romantically involved..I don't know what is. You want them to get married to prove that they're in love?

well whatever...I don't really care that much any more ^_^ Thnkas for reviewing JJQ :D

EJ
  25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah, I agree...I really would enjoy reading a J/Jer write a K/J fic where Jag wasn't dead...

But this one was great so I won't complain about it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.