main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Where in Chicago can I find MasterReplica F/X Lightsabers?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediFalcon25, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Whats up fellow Star Wars fans, just looking to see where in Chicago or the surrounding areas can I find any MasterReplica F/X ligthsabers? I know they made a blue,green,green,and purple. Someone or a store that has them, thanx

JediFalcon25

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Do not buy them from retail outlets. They will be severely over priced. Ebay prices are equally bad.

Your best bet is to buy them directly from MR.

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=9

$120 is a good price. They also sometimes have sales and you can get them even cheaper.

3. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I have found Mace's saber (purple) at Borders for the same price as the Master Replicas website.

As for green (Luke's) that is discontinued and no longer avaialbe from MR. Good luck on that one, I haven't seen them since they went off of MR site.

4. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    They are increasingly difficult to find. There was an MR factory seconds shop around that used to sell refurbed sabers but I think they have gone away.

5. YodaDaMax

YodaDaMax Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2003
    HeroHQ in Buffalo Grave had them for around $150. I don't know if they have any left though.

6. JediFalcon25

Nov 24, 2004
    Do you mean Buffalo Grove,IL? Whats the name of the store? thanx for all the reply's

JediFalcon25

7. YodaDaMax

YodaDaMax Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2003
    Yep, Buffalo Grove, IL. The store is called HeroHq, its on McHenry in the same plaza as Buffalo Grove Theaters. They also have a ton of other Star Wars collectables oh, and don't forget comic books.

8. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I just bought a Mace Windu (would not have been my first pick) MR at Border's in Orland a couple weeks ago...for $99.00 - with stand...
    I love it...it's fun to fool around with...

and yes...Thom....I took it out of the box...cause you can actually play with it..
    :D

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Why would you spend $150 to a scalper when you can them from the official site or Border's for cheaper?

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    just for giggles....I put a few Mace Windu MR lightsabers in my watching list at E-bay....just to see what they are going for on-line...

mostly between $180.00 and $200.00....

amazing...

11. JediFalcon25

Nov 24, 2004
    Hey whats everyone, i found a Mace Windu, and a blue Luke Skywalker F/X Lightsaber at Borders, it seems they are the only ones in the area besides the overpriced collectible shops that might have them in stock. I know Meijer carried them, and im pretty sure none of the Meijer's might have any left, they said they sent them back to Master Replica.Now i have my LightSaber anyone wanna duel with me at C3?

JediFalcon25

12. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I snagged my Mace at Borders for the same $99.

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Is this what you got?

[image=http://www.self-defense-products-depot.com/triple_police_80112.jpg]

14. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Screw getting them at walk-in places. Word to the wise...and a little known secret...Walmart.com and various other major dept. store websites sell them (along with many other high end collectibles). They don't have to be at the actual store for retailers to carry them online. The only reason Master Replicas is constantly selling out so quickly is because of these damn major retailers buying so many of them and then not letting anyone know they even sell them so they end up sitting in their warehouses!

15. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I've seen Mace's at Border's a few times (I think that was already mentioned), but I always see them at the Wizard World Convention in Rosemont every year. Pretty much 60% of the vendors are selling htem at varying prices.

When it comes our way in August I'd check it out... if you can wait that long. lol

16. Darth_Vasius

Darth_Vasius Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I went to ebay for mine. BigTime Comics sells them at 'Buy it now' price of $90.00 plus s/h. My shipping was $8.93, so it really depends. After tax at Borders, it would be about $108ish. You still save, but it's a buyer's market...

17. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I couldn't believe it but the Best Buy in Orland Park had a stack of Blue Luke Empire Force FX's. If Best Buy starts to carry Master Replica's Force Fx's that would be the S#!+.

18. xDarkJedi375x

xDarkJedi375x Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I saw both Anakin's and Darth Vader's at my local GameStop (Crystal Lake) for $99 EACH. My Best Buy also had them for $120 each. I would have gotten one...but I really want a green one...

19. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Last week I bought the Luke F/X at Borders in Orland...I got the last Luke at that location...well..that was all that was in the display..they had a few Vader F/X left...

I love the sound the FX makes...lol..

20. Darth_Vasius

Darth_Vasius Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I just found out that Borders and other outlet stores are only selling them at $99.99 for a short time. They will go back to MR pricing soon. So if you can, get them now and save.

21. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    If you have a chain of stores called Game Stop check there for the one by where I live(Cincinnati) has both Anakin and Vader for $99.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.