main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Where in the galaxy is Atollon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Atollon. The Rebel base discovered in Season 2 of Rebels. So far, it hasn't been placed anywhere, and I wonder. Where in the galaxy do you think its located? Possibly in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space? Its probably unfortunately more remote than Yavin, the Rebellion's next base after Thrawn invades.

vncredleader likes this.
  2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I think it's supposed to be in the Lothal sector, which is apparently very populated with inhabitable planets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Don't forget about Dantooine?;)

4. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Oh that's right. My bad lol

5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    The Rebellion doesn't have A Base at this point, the cells have Bases. Atollon (following Garel) is the base for Phoenix Cell, which appears to be the cell functioning in the Lothal Sector. Yavin is likely Dodonna's base. Dantooine appears to already be a location of importance to what will be the Rebel Leadership.

It seems there will be some other reason for the desolation of Dantooine base than the discovery by the Empire, because it appears they were unaware of its prior use and existence when Leia namechecked it in ANH.

Thrawn's goal appears to not just discover Atollon, but others within the Rebel network. This could be devastating, and could make the Rebels think that Dantooine may have been compromised, even though it hadn't.

6. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    [face_thinking] I'd assume, given the imminent attack on Lothal, that Daneira is correct - until we hear differently, Atollon is likely close to Lothal, just for ease of operations for Phoenix Squadron.

As to why Dantooine gets abandoned - Rakata ruin resurgence? Kinrath overpopulation? All sorts of reasons why it could be evacc'ed. (As long as it has kath hounds and kinrath when, and if, it appears in Season 4, I'll be happy. ;)

Darth Caliban and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  7. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Out of curiosity what is the reason why the Rebels are intent on trying to take back Lothal? Is Lothal strategic to building the Rebellion or is it just a pride thing for them? I know they have been gearing up to attacking Lothal for the latter half of this season. But I havn't caught on to why they want to try to take back Lothal.

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Lothal has a major production factory for TIEs and other weapons for the Empire.

9. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Ahh that makes sense. It would make it a little more challenging for the Empire to keep tabs on them in that particular part of the galaxy they are located at.

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I was just talking about this. It can't be to close to Lothal. They said it was off a major hyperspace route which is likely the Prousley Rim Run which goes through Lothal. We also know it is in undiscovered space so likely it is not in the Dominus sector cause that seems pretty decently populated by outer rim standards. My guess is it is in the uncharted area of space to the right of Lothal and the Prousley Rim Run. I imagine it has no actual sector name for that reason.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I get the impression in addition to being a valuable target, it's more like, "Why NOT Lothal?"

vncredleader likes this.
  12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    RE: Atollon, I'd love to see it in S7 or Q8 on the Atlas Map. Close to Lothal, but not full of populated worlds.

As for why Lothal, in addition to being a manufacturing site for the Empire, it has symbolic significance for Phoenix Squadron. I can see Mon Mothma and the Rebel Council approving the strike on both count. Don't underestimate the power of symbolism for the Rebellion. ;)

--Adm. Nick

Stymi and vncredleader like this.