1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Where in the Galaxy is Carmen Sandiego?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sai-Mera_Saa, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Markus Carfax

Carfax backed away and raised his hands. This was unprecedented.

"Honestly luv...." he stammered. "I've never been in here before! I didn't-"

[TAG Sounil]

2. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Still aboard the ship, cos, and lets be fair, Corellia is fraggin' miles away! In fact, why call it Corellia at all? Should just call it 'Far'. Lay in a course for 'Far'. See, nice ring to it.

Ahem.

IC: Sounil Mistry

The Twi'lek, perhaps recalling that the inbound trip to Commenor had seen Markus encased in carbonite - no, he hadn't been naughty - so he didn't go into cigarra withdrawal, changed the tone of her voice.

Dangerously sweet now, she tested her partner: "So, Agent Carfax, the next time someone wants to sleep on Hardcastle's bed...what do we tell them?"

She blinked her eyes coquettishly at him, awaiting a response.

Tag: Markus
  3. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Markus Carfax

"So, Agent Carfax, the next time someone wants to sleep on Hardcastle's bed...what do we tell them?"

Shavit woman, how the hells should I know?

This was the response Markus was planning to give. But Sounil batting her eyes at him had the effect of turning it into:

"Nngh."

His inner self cursed.

Man, you are SO whipped.

[TAG Sounil]
  4. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: Noir

Noir looked at the mound of stuff on the floor, and drunkenly loved Watching Markus get "Lectured"

"Oi...Ma'kus...NNGH 'in't a word...try NnnOoh..."

Tag: markus
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    IC as Varksst'illio - Commenor:
    Port Authority Manifest Office

Varks felt himself being shoved to the ground?well, that wasn't the case. Kelly, in his vigor, had pushed the Twi'lek slightly aside so he could easily talk to the lady behind the desk. But Varks, for some reason, didn't feel powerful enough to stop his continual movement towards the floor. Gravity isn't with me today, he idly thought as he lay, dazed, on the ground.

He decided to stay on the hard floor as it seemed rather comfortable, while the lady gave them some information. He vaguely stored the useful parts in the back of his head with the rest of the information they had collected so far. What happened next, however, fully awoke all of his senses. Even his brain, surprisingly.

There was a droid.

A miniature protocol droid!

Varks' mind refused to conclude that he was dreaming. The feeling of a dead bantha on his shoulders had somehow vanished, and he could certainly here the low rumblings as Ekoth talked to the droid. The woman who had helped them proceeded to give them a deal so that the Wookiee may even be able to keep it!

Fragging thing keeps talking about destiny. It's only future it has to look forward too is a date with Kessel!

Breaking his stare from the metal box to look at the kind lady in the office, Varks looked at her with such composure that it would surprise some that had seen him only moments earlier. Droids can do that.

"My lady." He spoke overly reverent. "I'll let my friend answer for your deal." Varks gave Ekoth a sidelong glance which spoke volumes about what he thought of it.

"Regarding the conniving Sandiego, I thank you for the information you were able to provide. It brings joy to my lekku that I know we will soon be responsible for downfall." Both lekku wriggled when he mentioned them in a meaning that only Twi'lek's and those trained to understand it knew.

"You mentioned a place on Corellia, so I'd like to ask another question that may have some relevance. We have a substantial lead indicating that Miss Sandiego acquired an item from a place called Corel Mining; which is located in one of the orbiting loading docks around Corellia. Does that company mean anything to you?"

The Twi'lek only paused briefly, continuing to add another thought before she answered. "We also know that she used a fusion mining beam. Does an item like that have to be declared?"

TAG: slumvillage, YoungAngus, Sai-Mera_Saa!

OOC: slumvillage, just because Varks doesn't like the droid doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it! Everyone liking each other would be boring anyway.... ;) I think it would be good./>
  6. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Due to the changes I've made to the clue system, it would be far too hard for a second person to aid me as originally planned. As a result, our co-GM, Flamingbladesaber, will be taking up a couple of Carmen's henchbeings to keep you all on your toes.

Character Introduction

The passenger concourse of Menor City's Interplanetary Spaceport was crowded with beings from all over the galaxy. Travellers surged across rows of baggage claim feeders and security personnel blatantly patrolled the public areas, keen to be seen as doing something after the high profile theft just a couple of days before.

Smirking identically at the incompetence of these pompous guards, Rick and Nick Ick passed leisurely through the weapon scanners and headed towards a long line of customs gates. Indistinguishable Chiss twins, the two janitors had been sent to Commenor by Carmen Sandiego to distract any investigators fool enough to follow her. That the mandate 'distract' had been defined in rather loose terms pleased both the V.I.L.E operatives no end and the droid piloted luggage that floated behind them contained all sorts of creative surprises - including, coincidentally, anti-scanner shielding.

For a developed planet, Commenor seemed wholly incapable of deploying quality security systems and two sets of red eyes rolled glitteringly in amusement at the ease with which their belongings had passed inspection. If this was the best they faced, things would proceed sparklingly. Wearing matching coveralls, Rick and Nick stepped up to a customs booth and presented their clearance passes. The duty attendant glanced at the two Chiss with surprise.

"Identical twins eh?"

"Not at all," Nick said.

"Nick is three quarters of an inch taller," Rick explained, pointing to his brother's head.

Shaking his head at the two janitors, the duty attendant entered something into a terminal and then handed the passes back. "Have a good stay on Commenor." He winked. "And don't get into any trouble now."

"Oh we won't," Rick replied.

"We'll be sure to keep things clean," Nick added.

Pocketing their passes with two identical hand movements, Rick and Nick headed on towards the exit doors to Menor City. Unchallenged, their luggage floated quietly behind them.
    Tag: Flamingbladesaber

IC: Depo Delpa

Port Authority Manifest Office, Menor City, Commenor

Depo went back to rubbing her eyebrow as she pondered the Twi'lek's questions. Momentarily distracted by the droid, she had to bring all this thief stuff back to mind.

"I'm not sure," she replied after a pause. "If this Corel Mining is a company, then they may send things here in bulk. Let me check." Depo entered some more queries into her terminal and then shook her head. "We have a general note about the company, but they don't trade with Commenor - so definitely no shipments."

After stopping to see if this satisfied the group, Depo suddenly blinked. "Oh yes - the mining beam." She turned again to the terminal. "I've never heard of it. Just give me a moment." There was more tapping. "Oh, it's quite small," she said after a moment. "Well, we don't have any specific rules about such an item, but normally small equipment attracts little attention. This thief of yours could even have brought it in with her on a passenger liner."

Depo shrugged as she flicked off the terminal. "Sorry, I wish I could be more of a help."
    Tag: Tyi, slumvillage, YoungAngus/>/>
  7. slumvillage Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Ekoth, Commenor

Like Destiny. The pharse ran through the wookiee's mind as if he were climbing the trees of Kashyyyk, chasing after some much needed dinner. It seemed to be like destiny that the wookiee and the droid met, something a jedi would say was the force's doing. Thinking over the deal that the lady had offered, it seemed like a difficult task for the wookiee to complete. Convincing the port authorities to change their minds about anything was extremely tough, as they seemed to go by the books for every little thing. So in now way was Ekoth sure about how to go about changing their minds at all.

In the background, he could hear an exchange between Varks and the desk clerk, as Kelly stood and watched. All Ekoth could do, was look on at the droid with a sad puppy dogged look on his face. His brown eyes couldn't resist the shinely glare of the miniature droids golden finish.

They were seen together, Ekoth and the linguistic's droid called Fate. They ran freely together in a green pasture. The wind blowing through Ekoth's fur as he smiled and kept skipping through the grass, as leaves of all different shapes and colors began falling on the two. Both were laughing and enjoying ever minute of the action. Then the large walking fur ball tripped on something unseen and began to fall down the hill. When they landed, they looked at each other and laughed about it. He didn't care, he was with his droid. While resting under a tree, Ekoth stroked the top of Fate, as they lay letting the cool breeze make them feel better. They didn't want this to ever end!

Tag ~ Tyi, YoungAngus, Sai
  8. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC Kelly, Commenor

Kelly stepped aside as Varks stood, and walked to the clerk. He rubbed his beard and took in the information from her. It seemed that the next stop will be Coriella, all signs were pointing in that direction. Maybe this thief wasn't so great at hiding her tracks. They could only hope another group hadn't followed her there first.

Kelly looked to his left, Ekoth stared in awe at the droid.

'Hey!'

He nudged him to bring him back to reality.

'You gettin' all this?'

TAG-Ekoth, Varks

OOC-I think having some of San Diego's Goons is a fine addition to the story, can help it get more intense.
  9. FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Nick and Rick.
    Interplanetary spaceport, Menor city, Commenor.

A sigh of relief escaped Nick's lips, a shiver tingled his spine. He'd always been the nervous one though where as Rick kept his cool throughout the entire process. The eyes pointed to each other, the red pupils vaguely watching everyone around them suspicously.

"Do you think they noticed?" Nick requested his brothers thoughts, who answered smoothly.

"No, and what if they did?" Rick replied whilst combing his hair back with his fingers.

"Well, Carmen is wanted. We can't go flashing our I.D off just like that!"

Nick twirled his fingers, frantically in a circular motion as Rick stared at him trying to calm his own emotions, if his brother weren't such a giveaway, no-one would've been shot in the last crime Carmen was involved in. Rick then forced a breif smile.

"That isn't a problem, if we get screwed for this, it's Carmen who gets pinned down, not us. He's wanted over sectors of the galaxy now, and we're just another face in the crowd. We just wiped the slate clean after almost getting slammed for our last crime!"

Rick then picked up the black leather bag that consisted of their luggage, Nick did the same and the two began their walk towards the exit. They sort of knew who they had to keep an eye on, even if it was a struggle, they'd do this for Carmen. Apparently, word had spread so fast that almost everyone in the system knew about the investigation of Carmen Sandiego.

The twins lead out into the crowd of citizens plotting their first course wouldn't be easy.
  10. slumvillage Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Ekoth, Commenor

"You getting all this? You getting all this? You getting all this?

It seemed the droid was speaking some gibberish as the two lay under the gigantic brown tree which seemed to go on forever as Ekoth looked up at. Putting his hand on the top of the small droid, Ekoth felt a pinch.

Jumping back a little, and opening his eyes he found Kelly giving him a menacing look. It seemed Ekoth put his hand on Kelly's head, instead of the droids. The furry beast looked over to see Varks smiling and stroking his lekku, and the desk clerk fumbling around on the computer. His gaze came around and directly back on the droid named Fate. Ekoth turned his attention, after gazing a bit more at the droid, to his friend Varks.

[Can you help me get this droid?] Varks didn't respond righ away, he seemed to be in deep thought. Ekoth's roar grew louder, as a child would yell when not getting his way. [Pleasssseee. It would help a lot. You wouldn't have to translate for me most of the time good buddy.] Ekoth gave Varks a little nudge to see if he would respond.

Tag ~ Tyi, YoungAngus, Sai
  11. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    Speak now, as they say...

Something of distraction has come to haunt me of late and I cannot promise that my unexpected absence will be in any way an aberration. I've been quite sick recently and with my inexorably improving health, I find myself with less and less time to write for the RPF. While I am going to try not to disappear entirely, I will be drastically reducing my game-load.

For some time now I've felt that Carmen Sandiego has wandered far past any cohesive path. This is not to say that it hasn't been fun - I've enjoyed the slight slant that all of you have been writing on and as a GM I've learned an astonishing amount of things. However, I believe it is no longer profitable to keep this game open. I know for a fact that in a few days I will again be called a way for upwards of a week and I suspect that if this game is still in its death throws, it will be quite still by the time I return.

Direction, as experienced RPers like yourselves know, is crucial to an RPG and clearly that is something I've failed to provide here. I'm under no illusion that my original concept in any way worked as I'd hoped, but I am impressed with the tenacity and creativity that all of you have displayed in making something enjoyable out of what was left. It's been a pleasure - it truly has.

As a last tribute to all your work, I'm willing to keep the game open if someone else is interested in operating the clue system (or if someone has another idea about how to proceed that they'd like to implement). So speak now, as they say, or this game shall be forever silent.
  12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: I would just like to say that playing in this game with such a good GM in Sai-Mera_Saa, despite what you tell yourself, has been a pleasure. :) Varks has been one of my favourite characters, simply because of the freedom to attempt humour and be random. Thank you Sai for this opportunity. It saddens me to see that this may end, but I understand that RL is more important.

I would also like to apologise to the people that were waiting for me to post, as I have been quite busy recently, too. However, if someone does want for this to continue, I will stick around. Varks is too good to resist. :p I will post an IC tomorrow, in light of what has just been said, or if anything else is going to be said.

By the way, Sai, if you ever create another RPG, I will most definitely join! You are an excellent GM, it has been great!! :D :)
  13. slumvillage Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Yes, Sai is a great GM and dare I say an even better RPer. I have been having fun with this RP, with Tyi and YoungAngus as well and am also disappointed to see it go. Although, I would to see Sai get better and kept this going but this RP is a lot for one person to run, as is with Star Wars 4 in light of Rabai's absence. I hope one day you shall acheive perfect health, so you can RP and GM again and also teach me some more about RPing as what you have done for me with my writing has been remarkable. I'm sure everyone who had seen my first post, when I started in this forum know that Sai did a great job. I just wish I could of kept growing with you. Or maybe you still will teach me some things, who knows. But the only thing that matters now is that you get your health better, and if you want some help to get you better, mabye I could help with a few suggestions. Just PM me. Peace.
  14. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OOC

That was sad to read, this has truly been a fun RP to take part in. I was glad to work with two expierinced RP'ers who could help me grow and be better at this. I apologize for going OOC but I wanted to say I will still post in here as long as it is open so Tyi you definitly have at least one teammate still.

I hope somebody voulanteers to take over as GM so we can keep this going, I dont want to see it closed.

I hope you get better Sai, and I also wanted to thank you for all your tips you gave me regarding RP'ing. You really helped alot.
  15. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Sai, get better soon, and I hope your real life eases off somewhat.
    Thank you for an enjoyable rpg, which judging by a CarbonEye post of Livi-Wan's, has made it into our characters' history.
  16. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    OOG:
    Well, foop. I must say though that I did enjoy this RPG while it lasted, even though I didn't get around to sending in my characters. I thought you did an awesome job and instilled a lot of characters, and I don't think you screwed up on your clue system or anything, it was very similar to the source material.

That said, I really enjoy your posts and hope you can return to the RPGs when your life agrees with you more. I look forward to your next work.
  17. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: Aww...Well, it was fun while it lasted. A shame to see it go Sai, and jsyk, you are a GREAT GM!...much better than those I've seen in the past. Great concept and fairly good direction, Hope to see a new RPG by you some time soon.

I really enjoyed playing around with Noir, giving him a more investigator possition witha drunkard twist rather than a Drunkard with a Muscle/Mechanic twist.

Again, great fun playing with you all...

18. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    And so it ends.

Thank you all for your kind words. You have definitely encouraged me to take up the GM mantle again someday. For those of you involved in The Star Wars 4, you will still see me around a bit to keep that series alive. To everyone else: good luck with your RPing - I hope to play with you again someday when I sort out my life.

I'm truly pleased that Carmen Sandiego has allowed the development of new and existing characters. I have to say that of all the games I've been involved in, this one has had the most interesting mix in that regard. Leaving behind characters you enjoy writing is never easy, and while the CarbonEye people have another venue to focus on, I realise that the rest of you do not have an immediate application for the characters you've created here. Since the three of you that this applies to (Tyi, slumvillage and YoungAngus) all play in The Star Wars 4, I have an offer to help keep your characters alive - if you wish to continue RPing as Varks, Ekoth and Kelly, PM me and I'll write those characters into the next narrative development in The Star Wars 4.

Well, that's it from me here. Peaceful flying.

Breaking Holonews:

Corellian Security officers operating out of Bela Vistal conducted a surprise raid last night on a waterside mansion said to be featured in the infamous Carmen Sandiego broadcast. While officials are declining to comment, it is understood that a large quantity of stolen goods were confiscated from the Golden Beaches home, though no arrests were made. In a press release issued from Commenor, Sandiego's last victim, Baron Mardox, confirmed that his Corusca gems were found undamaged on the property. However, he has maintained a sizable bounty on the notorious thief and continues to vow revenge. The location of Carmen Sandiego herself remains a matter of speculation, but authorities believe she may strike again and have urged security services throughout the core to remain vigilant.

In finance news, the Coruscant stock market rose ninety-four points today on the back of strong growth in the clothing industry, as sales of red fedoras reached record highs....
    />
  19. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Sad to see this end, Sai. It was a great rpg to be a part of, especially for Sith and I to explore our characters and their relationship with one another, and interacting outside of the 007 rpg. I'll look out for others run by you in the future for sure. :)

Thanks for letting me be a part of it, y'all. :D
  20. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.