main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Where in the Orlando Area do you Live?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by _dArTh_SoLo, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    Winter Springs, right by Oveido.

I've never posted here and was curious if anyone was around here...

2. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Winter Springs.

Brandon

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I live in the Orlando area of Orlando.

. . .

L8r

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    SW Orlando, near the Mall at Millenia. 20 feet above Raiza. -Campbell

5. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    I live over by UCF, off Dean Road.

6. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Winter Garden...for two more days.

7. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    [face_worried]

You know, there are a ton of city names in Florida that begin with "Winter." I live in Winter Springs, Stefanie Winter Garden, and right down the street is Winter Park. Then, of course, there is Altamotne Springs and, to use my city again, Winter SPRINGS.

Florida seems to have run out of city names and yet they have a zillion names for one single street. I hate Florida.

That's not true, really. I just strongly dislike Florida. I love the theme parks; I love the theaters here (though the best theater *ever* is in Seattle, it's only one screen but, well, words cannot describe it), I love the fact it is on the East Coast and, therefore, up-to-date on news and the like; I love a few people I have met here, okay, really only two; I love-and-yet-hate the fact I do not have to wear a ski jacket in the winter just to walk around; I love the fact that, for better or worse, things are still cheaper here (car payments, housing, gas, movie tickets); And, I'm sure, I love a few more things.

However, there is much more to hate or, at least, dislike, which I will not go into now. Yes, I will, although just briefly: I hate the weather, no snow? I hate the sheer amount of poor people and poor neighorhoods (Pine Hills, Plant City, too many others); I hate the fact that, to put it bluntly, unless you live in or right around Orlando, you are in the middle of nowhere and no amount of sticking up for the area you live in will make it otherwise(around Orlando would mean any "suburb," like Winter Springs, Apopka, Oviedo, Sanford, Casselberry, hell, I'll even let Kissimmee slide); I hate how they let schools out early on Wednesdays; I hate how, as previously stated, the names of roads change every two miles; I hate the sheer number of religious types that live in the state, hell, the entire South; I hate the number of idiots that believe they are intelligent. I do not mind idiots, they are all over, just ones that believe their views are as valid as your own; I hate the crime rate, and on that topic, I hate how crimes, again especially in the South, can be "hate crimes." People will actually *hurt* someone because of his or her color, culture, religion, ethnic background? THOSE are the types that live down here; I don't hate(!) but do dislike the water; I hate how there are those that actually believe (they really do!) that tasers are overused by law enforcement in and around the Orlando/Orange County area; I hate how people say "ya'll" and "ain't" as well as double negatives; I hate how people wear trucker-style hats; I hate above ground pools, especially if they are in your front yard; I hate cars with no wheels up on cinder blocks in people's yards; I hate too much other stuff, too.

There, I kept it short.

Brandon

8. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Winter Garden.

Brandon, Im still waiting for the bowling summary and now Susans party breakdown,

Sorry been drinking for two days now. Woo Hoo fun fun fun!!!

9. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    I live very close to Orlando International Airport.

10. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The reason why so many places begin with Winter, you no doubt know, is because so many people were very happy to retreat here when the weather closer to the poles became nippy. That's why I'm so glad to be here. I've lost my taste for snow, and places where barefoot walking is really not an option due to low temperatures. I really enjoy, outside of work, being able to wear shorts nearly everyday of the year.

I could use a little more appreciation for culture than such a newly developed area as Orlando affords. But even still, if you peak under enough rocks you can find it. I could use a little more open-mindedness, but maybe that's something I'll not get till I live in a very small town (where people sort of have to accept the real individuals because everybody's tied together by necessity).

I also like the opportunities of the outdoors provided on our big peninsula, especially those Springs, for which so many places got named. -Campbell

11. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Orlando, 20 feet below Campbell (Sabacc).

Melanie

12. Darth_Misfit138

Darth_Misfit138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Altamonte Springs :D

13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I live pretty close to Disney, just off International Drive. I'm not sure exactly WHERE that is, but . . .

Dana

14. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I don't... yet.
    I'm moving to the Orlando area by the middle of Oct. to hopefully in or near Winter Park.

BTW, does anyone know of any 3 bedroom 2 bath homes in their area with a nice looking yard and in a good neighborhood? Priced around $100,000 to $135,000? (I know, I'm not asking for much, right?) Anyway, if you could PM me and let me know, that would be great! Thanks!

15. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    You'll be real lucky to find what your looking for in that price range around here. My buddy just spent 170 on excatly what you described, and he talked the guy down from 175. You can find a 2/3 for that price but it might not be in a nice area.

16. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    You can find homes like that for that price . . . in Cleremont.

L8r

17. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Clermont is quite a ways from Winter Park. I live in Winter Garden which isnt too far from there. There are some lovely hills out there though.

18. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The closer to metro Orlando you are, the more expensive the real estate is going to be. If you want a decent place for a decent price, you have to be willing to commute.

L8r

19. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah, there's no way you'll find a nice play in Winter Park for that price unless you want to live in the ghetto. It's pretty expensive...

20. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Ya, they're hard to find in the actual Winter Park area, but I've seen a few. Neighborhoods looked half-way decent too. What about other outline areas! Say Sanford, Winter Springs, or Lake Mary to name a few...

Which way is Winter Garden or Cleremont (south or east, right?)... I was able to check out the area last Dec. so I know I'd probably have to commute some distance. (We have family in Sanford.) I'd like to keep it within a half hour if possible - which is do-able with out traffic, right? ;)

Thanks for all the help. Hope to meet some of you in a few months.

21. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Cleremont is just west of where 27 crosses highway 50. Traffic sucks no matter where you go, so if you lived in Cleremont and worked near UCF, the commute would definitely be a bitch.

L8r

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Yo, teh sity of Wyntir sPryng Pwns U all!!11!!1

23. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Mike, you mean a female dog right?

24. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe it will get edited!!!

25. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    If that gets edited then this place has no hope. You can hear worse on broadcast television. In fact, I think worse has been said in the Shrek movies and how many families saw those flicks?

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.