main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Where in the timeline should TCW end?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MarkVader1991, Jan 10, 2011.

1. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    I just want to know where in the timeline people think TCW should end? Six months before ROTS, two months before ROTS, should it lead right into ROTS, should it overlap ROTS? I think Dave has hinted at seeing Order 66 a few times but nothing conclusive.

Personally I would enjoy seeing the series overlap ROTS. I think letting the series overlap ROTS would allow the series to have a distinctive end point and also allow more exploration of the events of that time. We could see a lot of the battles and characters seen in the movie expanded on more. Maybe see what Ahsoka and Rex where doing assuming they?re still alive. A larger look at Order 66 and the battle for the Jedi temple, see how certain Jedi like Shaak Ti survived.

What?s everyone else think?

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Interesting topic! :D

I'm torn. I think that it would be fascinating to see it overlap with ROTS. Some of the Order 66 scenes would be made even more powerful, given how we have (to some level, at least) gotten to know the characters more than we did when they first came out. In particular, it will mean more to see the clones obey Palpatine like a flock of sheep, given how their individuality has been shown.

On the other hand, if they show individual death scenes, that will probably mean more retcons (unless they take them straight from the comics/movie/novels, which would be pretty cool). And I don't love the potential that it gives TCW to directly contradict something shown in ROTS.

I'd like for them to extend the timeframe up to near-ROTS, at least; think within a month of "Labyrinth of Evil."

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I really don't care where it ends, as long as it doesn't re-do the Coruscant battle. It's been done to death.

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I really think we should end after Order 66. Many Jedi, like Luminara, Barriss, Shaak Ti, and Quinlan were not explored in the films, and it would be nice to have their fates in a TCW format, even though we generally know what happens to them. They deserve a telling of their own story on screen.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I agree with FistoFan, but always before ROTS.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd like to see it overlap RotS. It'd be very interesting to see reactions around the galaxy of Palpatine's propaganda about how the Jedi attempted a coup, plus more of Order 66. It would also guarantee Ahsoka's survival as there would be no way they'd kill her off in a cartoon.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Please spare this thread from that. [face_tired]

8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm with GGrievous, let's spare this thread from that.

Personally I wanna see after ROTS. Just an episode or two showing Vader, the clones and the transition into the Empire. I'd like to see the clones reactions to everything and how quickly things have changed. More important if they really believe the Jedi betrayed the old Republic, now the Empire.

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I really have no opinion... it's weird. If they go into RotS, I don't want it to feel shoehorned in.

Just couldn't resist, eh?

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    IF they decide to go into and beyond Order 66, they need to start moving from their core members who are already tied up during that time. Focus more on characters who were offscreen, or their specific characters like Hondo or Satine.

In fact, I just had a cool episode idea. Following Order 66, Duchess Satine protests the Empire's actions against the Jedi, fearing that Obi Wan is dead. The Empire responds by invading Mandalore and pitching a fight between the New Mandalorians and the Stormtroopers. Since the pacifists don't stand a chance, they are conquered, and the Clans in the Northern Hemisphere go on as they would in the Republic Commando series.

11. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    This is series should continue to Order 66. No further, please. Actually, I would really appreciate it if they'd re-do the battle of Coruscant. A definite version this time.

12. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    The series is called The Clone Wars -- so it naturally should end when Palpatine declares the TCW are over in the Senate and shuts down the Droid Army.
    Good closure would be the mention of Dooku and GG being destroyed.
    But no need to see a Human Anakin going on some kind of rampage.

I can't imagine the creators not wanting a shot at getting Vader into their show and making a sick sculpt of him and all that - I don't see them getting gipped there.

It also would give an opportunity for Vader to mention Ahsoka - if she is even alive.

Bottom line on Order 66 - I do NOT see Filoni and crew devolving the show into a death knell for Jedi's fates -- it's still a "kids" show on a "kids network" and too dark probably means no go.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Before RotS, obviously.

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    If the show followed that logic it would have started with the 1st Battle of Geonosis or right after that.

15. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Yes and No.

We already saw that battle - so no need to see it again.

And technically speaking - the old cartoon 3 minute series went into that with Grievous's battle in the catacombs against the Jedi on Geonosis.
    [I know that's a bit like connecting the dots... but it is true from a certain point of view]

I don't actually mean we should see Palpatine in the Senate - maybe allude to it.
    But if you need an organic ending to the series - wrapping it up when the actual war ends is the only way.

Otherwise - the series could be endless and mirror Republic ---> Dark Times
    Which I do not see happening

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, it didn't.

17. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I'm hoping it will go into RotS as already mentioned. It would be interesting to see what happens to all the new Jedi.

And for those that complain about chronology, it is all about costs in making models and such.

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I won't comment on who I think should live or die by the time we get to the end, but I think it would be appropriate for it to end in the area of ROTS, possibly even during or a little bit after. Perhaps just enough after to wrap up any lose ends the series creates, if it's necessary.

If they were to decide the series was popular enough to continue and that all the stories during the war had been told, then I would hope they would either rename the series or begin a new one fresh to tell the rest of the stories they wish to tell. I mean, unless George has outlawed it, I don't think there's anything keeping them from doing another animated series if they think one is warranted. I could be wrong, though.

19. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    This.

20. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    This is a really interesting question I had never even considered. If the series extends into Ep. III, which wouldn't be a big stretch since The Clone Wars ends during the film, that really opens up the possibilities for the future of Ahsoka's character. =P~

21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think it will go past ROTS, that would be against what this show is aiming for; a good side, hero side of Anakin Skywalker.

I think the live-action series will detail the Jedi in Order 66, yes I know Lucas said there will be no Jedi, but he also said that the main characters in the films will not be in The Clone Wars.

22. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I'm pretty sure it will at least do some of Order 66- I remember reading an interview in which Filoni stated something along the lines of, "It'll be interesting to see what the fans think of Order 66. Some of the characters won't do what you think they'll do."

I hope they do like half a season covering Order 66 and it's after-math. Like an episode showing Ki-Adi Mundi on Mygeeto, Aayla on Felucia, PLO Koom on Cato Nemodia, and other Jedi like that. Plus another political episode showing Palpatine and the change. Maybe the final episode could be of Darth Vader battling Jedi.

23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Maybe about 0 ABY. That way we get lots of Ahsoka in the Dark Times, and even time to show a young Han being raised by Wookiees and stuff. The potential is endless.

24. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I certainly wouldn't complain if they did that, but I think hoping for it may be a bit too optimistic. If it goes into Ep. III which I think unlocks a lot of potential, it would only make sense for it to go as far into the film as The Clone Wars are actually still taking place. For The Clone Wars series to go past the end of The Clone Wars and even past the end of Ep. III into the Dark Times wouldn't make sense because the series is about The Clone Wars. So even though it would undoubtedly be awesome I wouldn't get my hopes up.

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It's going to be done. The TCW crew wouldn't give up the chance to do this battle.