main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Where in the timeline should TCW end?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MarkVader1991, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I also thought to see the chance to see Anakin actually go through with the 501st in the Jedi Temple and slaughter Jedi was a big miss. Him facing certain Jedi as I mentioned that may (or probably) would have been there, Shaak Ti, Jocasta Nu, and for clone wars you could throw in Even Piell, Coleman Kcaj and whole bunch of others - see him actually face them/fight them and kill most of them would be pretty major in showing just how far gone he was. Even more so now with the clone wars expanding on these characters that once didn't have any lines of dialogue, we've gotten to know them more now, there would lots of potential there, not only for awesome battles, but the dialogue as well, with them seeing him as a traitor, etc.

Futhermore, seeing more clones turn on their Jedi as well in extended Order 66 scenes or the Jedi Temple scenes - ones like perhaps Fives, Echo, Jesse, Waxer, Boil, being, in effect, the bad guys.

2. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah I always felt that was the biggest missed opportunity of Ep. III. I'd love to see him fighting his way into the Temple, slaying Jedi who are totally confused at his attacking them, making his way to where the younglings are and having to fight off some valiant protectors before gaining access to the room... then do the cutaway. That would've been way more epic than just entering a room and a cutaway, and it wouldn't have taken much longer.

3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    ROTS was A HUGE letdown when it came to Vader's attack on the temple. It had one of the (IMO) greatest scenes in the entire series with him marching onto the temple with his famed 501st behind him but they could of gave us sooooo much more.

Would of loved to see Vader just mowing through Jedi with ease and the clones at his back shooting the stragglers.

4. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    Which Jedi do you think he would've run across in the temple? and should they put something like this in the closing stages of TCW, which Jedi would you like to see him face?

For me, I've always seen

- Shaak Ti. This would be a stale-matish battle, close fight, nice dialogue, with Shaak being very powerful, but ultimately realising she will not win this one, much like Yoda conceded that he couldn't stop Sidious.
    - Jocasta Nu. In/near the library, trying to defend some younger Jedi or younglins, telling them to run away (perhaps to Jedi Council Chambers to hide?). Then confronts Anakin only to be killed by him.
    - Coleman Kcaj. This guy is up in the air and we know nothing of him, but could give him a cool scene as being the last line of defence for younglins hiding in the Council Chambers, once Anakin deals with him, it cuts to scene of him entering the chambers and leaves it there (we would know/assume it leads to the scene in ROTS where he confronts/kills younglings)
    - Even Piell. Apparently in EU he escapes, well.....if he is still alive and on Coruscant and by this point a retired Council Member, he could be another to run into Anakin and his clones and be forced to escape.
    - Terra Sinube. High chance he would be in the temple along with Jocasta, he could perhaps flee from Anakin and/or clones and be viciously hunted down throughout Coruscant underlevels - with him either managing to escape and go into permanent hiding or ultimately be finally cornered and shot down.

No other ones come to mind right now, unless we meet some other Jedi throughout the series. But even looking at the list above, that's about 4/5 Jedi he could face, with perhaps around 2/3 he could personally dispose of - if they introduce Cin Drallig, they could show the entire fight and Anakin ultimately killing him. This would not only show just how powerful Anakin was becoming but also how far gone he was. This was a huge miss in ROTS, but perhaps, could be very well done in TCW should they consider doing this. I'd love to see Matt Lanters dark side Anakin, he has a stronger/deeper voice than Hayden and I liked what I saw in "Brain Invaders"

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Do you mean she is stalemated and escapes? Because I doubt they already intend to contradict her appearance in TFU.

6. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    Yep, thats exactly what I mean, much like how Dooku escaped from Yoda or Yoda escaped from Palpatine. I haven't played TFU, but from what I heard, Vader sends his apprentice to hunt down Shaak Ti in the game, am I correct? If so, it would be all the more nice to have a confrontation between these two, Anakin/Vader could see her as the one that got away.

7. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    On the Shaak Ti thing, it'd feel too much like what happened in the Microseries, with her chase/duel with Grievous. She was shown to be very powerful and was this close to victory, but in the end was defeated (Restrained though, not killed, for Mace to find her). For her to concede would seem out of character with this, since she essentially sacrifices herself for the chancellor, he even says 'Your sacrifice will be recorded in the Jedi Archives for ages' or something like that when she stays behind. If she's willing to sacrifice herself for the chancellor, she'd be willing to sacrifice herself for Younglings.

I guess it could be a quicker moment, but i don't see her running away.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Well if we go by the ROTS game, he killed the same 4 jedi about 50 times each, Jocasta Nu, and Cin Drallig and his 'best pupil' Serra. ;)

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There is lots of zabrak jedi that look alike so it's not so odd people sometimes confuse Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar[face_laugh]

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would enjoy seeing TCW run concurrently with ROTS, but I wouldn't want to see any "re-imaginings" of ROTS scenes in TCW style. So, no Anakin on Mustafar, no Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla, Stass, Plo death scenes, etc.

I mean if Yularen, Rex, and Ahsoka are still together when Order 66 is given, I think that would be interesting to see. Does Yularen side with the Empire? Does he let her get away? Etc.

The attack on the temple could be covered, there could be a setup to the Confederacy arriving on Utapau, etc.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    After Ahsoka nearly got him blown up in Storm Over Ryloth I doubt he'd think twice about letting the Clones mow her down. At any rate, he wouldn't be at the Round Table if he had secretly allowed Jedi to escape. But that's assuming the two are together when Order 66 is given; I'd think if Ahsoka wasn't at the Temple massacre she'd be with Rex fighting some random battle, or be in the middle of a long siege that lasted all the way through the final stages of the war.

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, Yularen can't openly side with Ahsoka, since like you said he's at the table aboard the Death Star. And the clones would kill him I'd think, if he openly let her escape and they witnessed it. But if Ahsoka was around Yularen when Order 66 is given, he could be put in the situation where he allows her to escape but warns her that he'll have to do everything in his power to try to kill her if they cross paths again. Probably too morbid for a show with largely a younger audience though. :p

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Bit off topic, but it's really starting to get to me that TCW is watered down so it can be universally appreciated; especially after just finishing re-reading the Darth Bane trilogy, which was so much better than anything TCW has thrown at us due in part to it's darker, mature theme.

What you outlined would be a good idea for Yularen, but yeah, it is a tad grim. I just can't see it happening in the current mindset of the show.

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    TCW should end with Sidious and Vader overlooking the Imperial skyline of Coruscant in Palpatine's office where he turned. I believe that would be a very ironic and powerful scene. Ahsoka should confront Anakin at the temple but for some odd reason I also want to see her in hiding on Naboo, watching Padme's funeral, since both of them have such a strong relationship. But NO BATTLE OF CORUSCANT again!

15. 0deromance

0deromance Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2011
    "This is where the fun begins."
    We all knew this famous sentence of ROTS.But in TCW film, battle of Teth,Ahsoka said this for first time.Anakin said this with smile in battle of Coruscant.So,she can't die before the beginning of ROTS.
    OK,where is she during ROTS?That is the problem.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    haha great logic- that supports theory she cannot die[face_laugh]

17. 0deromance

0deromance Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2011
    The next cut-in point of this question is the relationship between Rex and Appo.In ROTS,the commander of 501st is Appo. But Rex is also Anakin's second-command in TCW,the clone leader of the 501st.So how to explain their relationships?

As the most important characters in TCW,Ahsoka and Rex's fate should be put out at the end of the series.
    In my point of view,Season 4 will talk about the end of this war(S4 trailer),maybe the title of Season 5 is "Order 66"=_=

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well there is no problem since it's never said Rex leads the 501st- that's fan theory- he is leader of the Torrent Company what is just one company of the 501st- so could be Appo- commander of the 501st legion is actually his boss but Appo works with someone else than Anakin at the time and Rex and his men are separated from the rest of the 501st legion by order of the supreme chancellor- in fact i understood that 501st is elite legion already so i guess Palpy ordered little group of elites to join Anakin who has no own legion under his command while other 501st (like that blue arc-trooper who died in ARC-troopers?) work elsewhere while Torrent Company is placed under Anakin, Ahsoka and sometimes Cody and Obi-Wan..... that's just my theory but really "Captain" commands companies not legions- he cannot be in charge of the 501st legion if we suppose there is some kind of internal logic in GAR's command structure....

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    From Starwars.com

I can see Appo being retconned as being Rex. They named him "Rex" instead of "Alpha" due to too many A's (Artoo, Ahsoka, Anakin, Alpha). Had they gone with Appo as leader of the 501st and Anakin's second in command, they would run into the same problem.

That or Rex can die and Appo takes his place.

But in the TCW itself - unless I am mistaken - we see no sign that the 501st exists outside of Anakin's command. The EU makes more 'sense' out of it from a real world perspective by establishing that Rex commands a company within a larger body led by Appo, but any material I can find relating directly to TCW names Rex as leader of the 501st (e.g. StarWars.com).

Appo's name is never spoken in the films, so that clone could easily be made just another trooper, or he could be Rex. Or Appo could be in charge of the 501st, but TCW thus far has shown nothing to imply that there are other units.

The TCW "cards" that you can view at the TCW section of Starwars.com also says that Rex is "Commander of the famed 501st Clone Trooper Battalion" as well.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    LOL now it's battalion- it's legion and always has been- captains command companies and 4 companies form a battalion commanded by Major- commanders command legions that have 16 battalions in them...... that is established in EU and works much better than that crazy command structure TCW has- (Cargo of Doom mentions battalion that has to take At-At 3000...... that is a one error whole line:oops: that's AT-Te and there is just a few clones- is "battalion" some witty nickname for some guys under Rex's command- only possible for explanation for such a crazy line) for now nothing in episodes contradict about Rex being only captain of torrent company
    so whatever that extra info does i don't care- TCW contradicts it's own info many times......

I don't trust databank either it still claims Chewie doesn't appear in TCWo_O etc. hardly ever updated sometimes and info is sometimes incorrect and can change- whoever wrote that article messed up many many things- now they've corrected the error in Feral card- it had Savage's pic there first and Sy Snootles had "droid model: Pa'lowick"-text there for a long time i wouldn't count on any info we had from those sources........

Rex will probably die in TCW and perhaps Appo replaces him - then someone comes up with idea of actually working command structure for GAR and understands commander of legion is not a mere captain.....

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    If we're still rolling with the "Luke and Leia conceived prior to Citadel" thing then I don't think it was too early to get rid of Ventress. We only have at max 8 months of the war left, including pretty much all of ROTS.

And to be fair, her current exit in Witches of the Mist is hardly any better than her original 'ending'. I guess Katie Lucas tried to stick with that idea even though, frankly, it's a lame-ass ending for a character.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    "Luke and Leia conceived prior Citadel" is like that "Captain Rex is commander of the 501st battalion" extra info that makes no sense and will be steamrolled over soon when they come up with new ideas- i have no idea why George or anyone would decide Padmé is already pregnant during Citadel- it's totally irrelevant to add the date of pregnancy with Citadel it just makes things harder to date right and with no prequels it makes TCW to end very soon or there is gonna be very actionfilled last 8 months....

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Sinrebirth posted it in Continuity thread earlier in the week, apparently it's from official UK TCW magazine.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's not official. It's from the section of the magazine that runs regular "What If?"-style stories. Like the one a few months back about Darth Vindica, AKA Asajj Ventress's head photoshopped on Savage Opress's body......

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ah, well thank God that's been cleared up, that would have been absolute chaos. Cheers BC :D