main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Where is everyone from in MD, and when is there going to be a meeting?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Insurance_Guy, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    So where in MD is everybody from? I grew up in a little town called Snow Hill. It's about 25 mintues from OC and about 20 minutes from Salisbury. Went to SSU for college, and moved to Newark, DE (near Wilmington) for about 2 years. Now I'm back in MD, living in Havre de Grace, and working in Baltimore, but I still go back to Salisbury/OC/Snow Hill 2-3 weekends a month. Sometimes I've felt like the only SW fan in the state - my friends like SW, but they're more of the casual fan type, whereas I'm still pretty avid. I don't know anyone up here in HarCo that's a fan, and no one in my office is. My girlfriend isn't, and other than posting on TF.N, I don't really get to talk SW with anyone.

Long story short, when is there going to be a meeting?

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm from good old Smallsbury, oh wiat, sorry, Salisbury.

:Targeter:

3. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Ah, a fellow Salisburian. How are things in the "Crossroads of Delmarva" today?

4. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I'm in Garrett County :p

Can't we meet like in Frederick or Hagerstown so we all have to do an equal amount of driving? Salisbury is most likely four hours from me.

5. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    If you live in GC, saerah, Salisbury is probably more like 5+ hours from you.

And I wasn't advocating having the meeting in Salisbury, I just want to know where my fellow SW fans live in MD.

Garret County, eh? Did you go to FSU? I came up to FSU for parties a few times. Not much to do in that town except get drunk, get high, and go play on Dan's Rock.

The folly of youth......ah, I remember it fondly.

Getting cold there yet?

EDIT: I'm all for a meeting wherever it is. As much driving as I do, driving out to Garret County, or anywhere, is just a walk in the park for me.

6. saerah

May 13, 1999
    We could all take a nice 5.5 mile hike from Herrington Manor to Swallow Falls :p

It's been mild here the past few days with the sun out, but with dense fog at night, and not burning off until after 10 AM. The nights have been chilly--in the lower to mid-40's. The leaves are about gone now, save for a few yellow-leaved trees here and there. I took a walk out at Herrington Manor and I saw a lot of brown in the landscape--winter is on its way.

7. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Stop it, you're making me jealous.

8. saerah

May 13, 1999
    Yeah, but at least you have better paying jobs downstate. Garrett County is nice to look at and visit, but it's not so nice to live here.

9. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I live in Rockville. You all live in another state from me.

10. saerah

May 13, 1999
    It's a whole different world up here. And three hours from Rockville.

11. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Doesn't seem like there are many active posters from MD. I'm trying to spread the word in the JCC and the 3SA, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe if I start telling people that they can see nude pics of me here, they'll start posting? No? Maybe nude pics of Angelina Jolie?

12. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I don't think it's every really been terribly active in here, but oh well, what can you do? Besides post around here maddly spreading the word. ;)

Oh yes, and good ol' Salisbury is the same as ever. Literally the same.

!Love my Boston Red Sox!

13. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm from Pasadena, which is about 20 minutes from Baltimore. I wouldn't mind meeting in Frederick though. I know the area pretty well since I went to school 15 miles north of there.

The mall would be a nice place to meet. There are some nice restaurants around there, and it's right off of I-70.

*shrugs*

Anyone up for a meeting this weekend or next perhaps?

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

14. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    This weekend probably isn't doable for me because of prior obligations. But I don't want that to affect anyone else's decision. Plan the meeting for whenever you guys want it, and I'll do my best to make it. I've got a wacky schedule, and it's much easier for me to just try to work things in rather than plan around them.

15. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Back when this group was is in its infancy, we decided to hold our meetings in Central Maryland because that happened to be the central spot for the majority of the members. Unfortunately, this did leave a few of our members with a greater distance of travel.

16. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Weekends are bad for me, at least until December, I've got rehersals and all, but I should be able to try and come after that date, provided I can get up there. :p

!Love my Boston Red Sox!

17. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Central Maryland works for me. Like I said before, anywhere in MD works for me - I'm used to driving all over the state.

18. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    As a side note, what would everyone like to do at the meeting? Since it seems like not many of us know each other, maybe something fun to break the ice, like paintball?

That was just a half-hearted suggestion, but if anyone likes that idea, feel free to jump on the bandwagon.

19. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Maybe there is hope that the group can be reborn. :)

20. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Paintball is... fun. Me playing is very interesting though, lol.

Of course, I'll probably have to wait another year and a half for my license to participate in any of this. :(

!Love my Boston Red Sox!

21. saerah

May 13, 1999
    I just can't make it if its in central Maryland. Too much of a trip for me. And if it's late in the day, I'd probably have to stay at a hotel.

22. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Doesn't seem like there are many active posters from MD. I'm trying to spread the word in the JCC and the 3SA, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe if I start telling people that they can see nude pics of me here, they'll start posting? No? Maybe nude pics of Angelina Jolie?

Maybe you should try like paying attention to the rules here before you get yourself banned. You spammed those forums.

Anyhow, paintball is a good idea if like everyone did that, just kinda sounds like it would cost money, more money then just going to a mall, hanging out kinda of a deal. But don't change plans cause of me, I wouldn't attend anyway, too far away.

23. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I live in Frederick, so that works for me.

Oh, and my family has a cottage around the corner from the pier at Public Landing, so I've been to Snow Hill many times.

Ian

24. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Hehe, it seems that so many people are from this area... yet no one lives here anymore. Except for me. ;)

25. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, I'm back after a little "banning". So what's the plan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.