main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where is everyone from

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Super_J, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    I was wondering what part of the QC area everyone was from. For all I know I have a SW fanatic living down the street and I dont know it LOL

I live on 15th Street in Moline, only a couple blocks from Whiteys at the end of 23rd Ave.

2. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hey there I live on 18th ave A in moline only two blocks off of 23rd ave. Just down the street from you.

3. qcjedijustin

qcjedijustin Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I have recently moved to Carbon Cliff, but that doesnt mean im far from anyone

4. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    You arent far from me at all QCJediLance. We go to the park alot, I have a 5 yr old who like to play baseball. Unfortunately we have to endure alot of foul mouthed kids skateboarding.

Who is the furthest one away that is apart of this group.

5. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Chris and I who are the President and V.President are from East Moline.

6. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Naboo!

No-that's not it! My mother's womb!!!!!

I currently reside in Bettendorf.

7. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I'm the furthest since I had moved to Peoria with the company I work for. I'm still QCJO but can't make it to any of the meetings since I work retail and have to work the weekends. Yes it's a bummer.

8. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    I grew up in East Moline about 4 blocks from South Campus.

When I got married we moved to Moline.

9. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    I've already said it, but I live in East Moline--and it's good to see most of you are on this side of the river ;) . .

10. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Hey!!!! What is wrong with my side of the river???? Bettendorf is the Naboo--of the QC. There is nothing here but parks, but Bettendorf is truly Naboo unlike that slimey mudhole-oh that was Dagobah. My Bad!!!

11. flyer_98

flyer_98 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    Moline here. right on the Ave by the dollar store. it sux. too many cruisers in the summer. :)

12. Thralleon

Thralleon Jedi Knight

Apr 21, 2004
    BFE, or at least close enough. I'm in Eldridge, IA.

13. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    My brother lives in Bettendorf near Neil Armstrong school

14. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    Hey!!!! What is wrong with my side of the river????

*bows* Apologies. I wasn't implying the other side of the river was bad, I was just glad most everyone was close. ;)

Bettendorf is very lovely. :D

15. Darth_Neckless

Darth_Neckless Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    no you can say it bettendorf sucks cause we all know it does there mr man. what with the suckin and stuff

16. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    Bettendorf, the wannabe Quad City.

17. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    The Quad Cities are made up of Bettendorf, Davenport, Rock Island and Moline/East Moline. So really Bettendorf IS a Quad City and not mearly a wannabe

18. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Yo Super J- dont go around panning Bettendorf. It is not a wannabe anything. It has the population with the highest education level of all of the QC area and all of Scott County. In the QCA, it has the lowest umemployment and the highest median income.So go suck on that one!!!

"I knew it-I'm surrounded by @ssholes!" Dark Helmet

Now that I beat you down, I will extend the hand of friendship.

19. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    I dont have a problem with Bettendorf, I like to give my brother crap for moving from IL to IA, it is just sarcasm everyone

20. flyer_98

flyer_98 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    actually, TT's right. moline and east moline are considered one city. but there are two wannabe quad cities- Milan and Silvis. they're kinda there but not really included. :)

21. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    First of all, East Moline, Silvis, Hampton, and all them UT towns are all seperate communities. and Bettendorf does suck. but, then again they all suck. we live in a wanna be city. Each of the respected "quad" is just a suburb with over egoed resedents that think there "city" is better than the other...GET OVER IT.

By the way Elgine(sp, im lazy) IS on the edge of BFIowa, just before BFEgept(sp?)..oh who cares ...

22. darth_Doh

darth_Doh Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2003
    I live in Merry Ole Milan in BFE and former site of the Milan Cinemas which is now no more than a foundation and rubble.

23. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    that sucks, I saw SW:SE there, but now it is no more. 53rd is better anyways

24. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    As per the Milan Cinemas I saw Star Wars there in 1977. I saw Empire at the Cinema that was next to Southpark Mall-I think that is now Office Max located on what once was the Parkway?

I saw RotJ in Galesburg. I'm originally not from the Quads.

25. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    I saw ESB at the same cinema, it was owned by the cinemas also but was a bigger screen than what they had in Milan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.