1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mount, NC' started by BarrisOffee, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarrisOffee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, where is everyone? Let's hear some stories. We all said boards were quiet over the Holidays,that was expected. But W.T.F. It's March now. Soon you all will be saying it's summer. Come on, let's do something... Let's get together. At least put forth the effort. I feel like I'm the only one that checks this board sometimes. Just post how things are going with ya, and what's been going on.
  2. BarrisOffee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Me, i've been working and having my mental breakdown. I got a promotion, with a little raise.(still very poor) Could use a good laugh by being around you guys sometime soon.
  3. eris_of_discord Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah. We really do need to get together.
  4. bigdaddyfuller Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok, i must admit, i have been too busy. that is my fault, but this semimester is killing me, lol. i do miss the interaction on the boards. and i know kind of how barris feels. i know we are all busy,but let's face it we do have fun when we get together. i know busy is no excuse, but it is all i got.
  5. freako104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Still here and I agree it is too quiet. I check it once a day but I dont see much with people posting
  6. BarrisOffee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Big Daddy!!! HEY!! What's been going on? Good to hear from ya.
  7. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    The board has definetly been quit. I try to post little Star Wars-related items when I find them.
  8. Aidion_Templari Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree also that the boards are very desolate these days. but i still check the boards everyday.
  9. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    As I predicted the group is walking slowly down the path of the darkside... meet less... post less... talk less... are we on a ir-reversable path of destruction? Think about it some of us haven't posted in MONTHS...
  10. freako104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am hoping not, I have come to really like the group and the people I met from the boards. Though you make a point. Hopefully though it wont dissapear
  11. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Let's see... personally I've been tied up as of late with spending quality time with my loved ones, wedding plans, honeymoon plans, home repair, finances, work and eeking out less than a couple of hours a week to talk with friends on the phone... usually while I do house work... Speaking of which I need to do laundry when I get home tonight... In short I have been busy, though I try to check the boards daily even if I do not get a chance to post.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  12. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Well, we just had a meeting about two weeks ago, and it was posted well in advance, and hardly no one showed. So, its not like I havent been trying. Plus, I have started up the Eastern Rim Outlanders on myspace, as well. I just have not had as much time to post lately, but I can assure you that the group is still there, alive and well. I still see alot of people from the group often, and alot of them do not really post here that much, but there is still a solid pulse on the Eastern Rim. Trust me, it wont be going anywhere. And when we have some folks posting doom and gloom about the group, instead of doing that, show up at the meetings! :)
  13. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if you want to make it easier for me to show up at the meetings do me a few favors...

1) fix my house
    2) fix my car
    3) buy my food
    4) pay my gas
    5) deal with the merger for me
    6) do the management training for me since I got the promotion to Sr. Game advisor and at the same time to ASM trainee...
    and...

7-10) the addition of a serious girlfriend (and the problems that go with at times)...

I wasn't trying to post "doom and gloom" but just re-iterate the point about what I said before episode III and how I was pretty much right... now I know we are in a transition and the trick will be how things go from there but we are on a down slope and that cannot be denied. Also FYI... I'm not placing blame for anything, just stating the obvious... and IF I was to blame someone it would be... LUCAS for not doing the next movies already :p
  14. freako104 Jedi Knight

star 1

Thanks for the breath of relief man! Ill try to make more meetings though I tend to need to get in touch with Mordtat for rides :/ Ive got his number though, so Ill call him and see if he makes it to the April meeting. If you guys have a MySpace Ill join. I still need to turn in my app lol
  15. Aidion_Templari Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you really think the boards might dissapear, maybe that means we all need to try to work this out so we can all attend meetings and all put fourth the effort to make things the way they once were, we as friends are bonded by more than Star Wars, just b/c there wont be any more movies to wait for (as of now) doesnt mean we just glance at the boards and wait once a month to hang out. those are my thoughts
  16. BarrisOffee Jedi Knight

star 2
    WEll, I did not mean this as some "bad" reflection on our group...just that all of us have things going on, and we "are" friends and would like to know what's going on in our lives. But some people took it as a insult for me to even ask....sooooooo!!! And as for meetings, there a few who attend because they are the ones the times and dates suround around. This is a "group". For fun and friendship. Nothing of harm or rudeness was intended by asking how you guys were doing. SOO SORRY to over step my bounderies.
  17. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I wasnt referring to you, Bariss. Actually, I was refering to Kazumas post about us walking down the darkside. Truth be told we have only missed one month for meetings in the last.... well, I dont know when. And that was right after the holidays, as well. So thats pretty good. Yeah, we HAVE been getting considerably quieter on the boards, but everyone has different reasons for this. Alot of folks post occasionally here, but there are a few that post quite a bit, and almost all of those have got all kinds of personal things going on to kind of keep them from the boards for the time being. I cannot get online at work anymore, so I have to wait until I get home. And I have been spending most of the time I can get on, on Ebay, getting some good deals (or trying to) on vintage figures. Mordtat is teaching now, if I am not mistaken, and thats probably chewing up alot of his time. Lodreh is REALLY going down a busy path at the moment. Gearing up for a wedding is a very, very time consuming thing. And the list goes on... I always try and try to set the meeting up for the best amount of folks to be able to show, but if you cant make it, you cant make it. But if we have a meeting and you cant attend, set up something else!!! This group belongs to all of us, so if anyone wants to do something for or with the group, by all means post it. Folks that can attend that, will, as well!
  18. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll add one more thing. The main reason we've been having the meetings at my house is convienence. Since the wife left, its been nice having yall come over. Its fairly central to everyone, its cheaper then going to a resturant, and we don't have to worry about noise. We can pretty much be as loud as we want to without worrying about bothering anyone. But if anyone has any ideas for anything different, please feel free to throw them out there. :)
  19. NoNeedForAName Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, I'll poke my head out of the Pit of Carkoon and say this: I don't post much on these boards, or on any boards for that matter. Why? Because I generally don't have much to say. I'll pop in, look around, transform and roll out. If I'm online I'm typically doing a blog on myspace or I'm updating my profile. Beyond that even when my myspace page says I'm "online now" it's minimized and I'm typically writing in some form and when I get to writing I get into a zone, I ignore IMs and the like, so on and so forth. So that's why I have a lack of activity: not much to talk about.

That having been said, I don't think one can judge the strength of the group by the activity on it's online forum. I'd much rather see people in person than to post on a BB, but if some people can't make it to the meetings, that's understandable. Why don't you run something by our fearless leader that you CAN make, or that you CAN afford. Riff may be the head of this organization, but no organism can survive with just a head (especially if it's Riff's...that organism would be in TROUBLE!) (and if you don't get that I'm joking on that part, please do not bring yourself around me...I won't be able to deal...) So pipe up, say something, speak your mind, suggest things that YOU can make that would be good for others, too (the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint) lest this become an Evil Empire and not a Republic. Maybe I'm overstepping my bounds in that suggestion as a meer peon in this group, but that's my two cents.
  20. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    How true is THAT!! [face_laugh]
  21. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  22. Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Knight

star 1
    So much going on...
    I hope that I can reunite with my friends when I come back home in the Summer time. I know things are ALOT different than before...
  23. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    feel your blade??? i wouldn't call a spoon a blade but hey... i guess you can call it what you want LOL...
  24. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't peek in the shed!
  25. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.