main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where is Gavin? (YLESIA & DW SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Horn, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Horn

Jedi_Horn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I just bought the new Star Wars eBook Yelsia and when I started reading it I was surprised to see the Corran Horn is said to be the leader of Rogue Squadron. I'm only on page 97 so I'm not sure if it tells us latter but if it doesn't could this be hinting that maybe Gavin dies in DW ?[face_plain] I hope I'm wrong on this one but let me know what you think.

2. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    Hello?
    Any one here?

3. Hg-203

Hg-203 Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2001
    I believe Corran was reactivated in one of begin books and I guess he was put in Rouge Squadron and I?m sure he has more seniority then Gavin. And I?m not sure but he might have been put in rouge in Rebel Dream or Stand, or it could be explained more in DW

4. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Um, that sounds worrying... I'd never put Corran Horn in charge.

I'd find Janson and give him command instead - I don't care how old he might be.

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I see four possibles:

-He died

-He is injured

-He let Corran take over

-He is with Wedge, or doing something more important

As of now, my money is on #4

6. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    In RS he was put in Rogue Squadron as Rogue 9 agian but not Rogue Leader. It also said that they had splitt Squadrons up to make new ones. Is it posible that he took over a dirent Squad?

7. JohnWilliamsFan

JohnWilliamsFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2002
    Well I dont have Ylesa so I dont know but I hope he isnt Dead. Ever since the original Rogue Squadron I have liked him...

8. Hg-203

Hg-203 Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2001
    Well Janson won?t take command of Rouge that was covered in Rebel Stand I believe because he is commanding some squad that has the word Yellow in it. And I was just taking a stab at the question.

9. JediMike821

JediMike821 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Corran becoming leader is one of the biggest mistakes that could be made in my book. Hopefully he isnt permeant. I wouldnt have wanted to read all those Xwing books to find out the loser of them is going to take over the squadren and probably lead them on some mission where they all die. [ok, breath] 8-}

10. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Think it's possible they made two rogue squadrons?

11. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    Janson is leading a squadron of volunteers from his home planet. The squadron is named after the first squadron he was part of.

Gavin shouldn't be given about squad, he is the commander of Rogue for at least 3 years and to put Corran in charge would ruin squad moral.

12. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    :eek: You guys don't know what happened to Gavin? I thought everyone knew!

:p

13. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    No one said he wasn't still the leader of Rogue Sqaudron. Ylesia just said that Corran is in Rogue Squadron, and as a Jedi is leading a flight of fighters.

14. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    Wedge88 yes it did, this is right from the book,

"Corran Horn stepped to the viewport. The Rogue Squadron commander wore a battered colonel?s uniform that dated from the wars against the Empire." Page 26.

15. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    I was going to say he may hold the rank of commander, but that doesn't make sense if he's wearing a colonel's uniform.

Wait, though, what rank structure do the pilots use? Naval or army?

16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Starfighter squadrons seem to use an army command structure, (i.e. "General" Salm).

Also, that quote could just mean he holds the rank of Commander, which does not necessarily make him Rouge Leader, especially in a time when the NR Military is so far behind in manpower.

17. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Starfighter squadrons seem to use an army command structure, (i.e. "General" Salm)

Hmm. Well, I was thinking that maybe he had been a colonel and was now given the rank of commander (though that would be a demotion of sorts), but that doesn't pan out.

I would probably guess then that Gavin is with Wedge doing something special. I would hate to think that he died only to have Corran be put in charge (nothing wrong with Corran, mind you). I suppose we'll just have to wait and see to be sure.

EDIT:

RT, I was thinking the same thing, but that hardly makes sense. Why give him a naval rank if they use army ranks? And why was he demoted? (Colonel=Captain)

Unless he was a Lt. Colonel? Still, I don't think that makes a whole lot of sense. :(

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    A legendary Jedi Knight/Fighter Ace who with Wedge antilles and Wes Janson more or less single handidly led to the capture of Coruscant takes over your squadron.

Yes, that would really hurt morale

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Isn't there a flub within a flub here - ISTR that Corran didn't wear Rebel/NR uniform - just like Tycho and Soontir Fel retained their black Imperial gear, Corran retained his CorSec green...

- The Imperial Ewok

20. Klick

Klick Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes it did, when he first joined the NR. After being a jedi for a while he probably thought wearing a uniform wasn't that bad. Or he just lost his old one.

21. Jedi_Horn

May 25, 2002
    Klick I understand what you saying, about the Jedi and that maybe he lost it...BUT...in the X-Wing seris it said that he wore a diffrent flight suit, not the orange of the NR but the green of CorSec, I said nothing about hime wearing a diffrent uniform.

Thrawn McEwok What I was telling Klick answers your question too. He does wear a diffrent flight suit but not dress uniform.

Hope this helps you.

Edit: Thanks for bringing this dead thread back to life ;)

22. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    The reason Corran was leading the Rogues is probably because of the Jedi battle meld that Adm. Kre'fey (spelling) had been using. the leaders of most of squadrons were jedi or had a significant jedi presence.

As for where Gavin was, probably either with Wedge and Tycho or training new pilots. Hey, its what Wedge did in RS. And for Gavin to have lived this long he's got to have the goods!

23. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Gavin is helping Wedge defend Kuat!

24. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I think that Gavin may have been sent to instruct new recruits - after all he is one of the best non-Force Sensitive pilots out there.

25. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    Wes' sqaudron is made up volunteers from his homeworld. It is called the "Taanab Yellow Ace's"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.