Where is Grand Admiral Thrawn when you need him....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBlair, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBlair Jedi Padawan

Think there's any chance Thrawn had a backup cloning facility nobody knows about?....
  2. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
  3. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    In an Imperial coffin somewhere. Probably with a musuem on top.
  4. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    His body was placed into a coffin and launched into a star. The body of his clone was recovered, placed in a coffin, and dropped down the mouth of an active volcano. And the material for cloning him again was dumped into a black hole. He ain't coming back again.
  5. ForceAlly Jedi Knight

star 2
    There is still the body of his clone. But it should be fish poodoos by now :p
  6. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Didn't you see what I said, they recovered it and dumped it in an active volcano for disposale.
  7. ForceAlly Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oops, sorry.

No, I don't think Thrawn should come back.
  8. Ornitier Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that he should come back, along with anyone else who would make the series less depressing. For all we know he could have uploaded his intellegence into a computer and live within it much like Callista did. When did thise body tihng occur? I don't remember either of the disposed bodies...
  9. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Calista used the Force to transfer her spirit into the Eye of Palpatine. Thrawn could never do this. He's dead, leave him that way.
  10. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    HE Alive!!!!! In the form of SPIKER!!!!!!!
  11. Kier_Nimmion Jedi Grand Master

star 5

What the hell do we need with him anyway? This is the New Jedi Order, not the New Chiss Master Race Order!

He's dead.

Gone.

And good riddence.
  12. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Alas he was so artistic.
  13. Grand_High_Knome Jedi Knight

I don't think he was bad. He never killed anyone for the heck of it. He was an admiral or a failing navy doing his best. I kinda respect him.
  14. Kier_Nimmion Jedi Grand Master

star 5

He killed an ops officer for not reacting, in Thrawns opinion, fast enough with a tractor beam to suit his purposes and to make an example to others who might fail him.
  15. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    no, he killed the commander and let the tractor officer live, the tractor officer was smart and launched a bunch of... the mettle things that launch off and distract missles... and thrawn let him live. his body could be recovered from the galaxy's depth...
  16. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No, Kier_Nimmion is right. The failure of the tractor beam operator resulted in the death of his commander, the ops officer in charge of that operator.
  17. Kier_Nimmion Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Thank you. I had this debate with someone a year ago as to whether or not Thrawn was evil and I used this example, but to no avail. Of course, I also got called a racist because I said I didn't like Hutts. Oh, well.
  18. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    No, it was the operator.

And although i prefer Thrawn about any other EU-Villain, let him rest.

We had enough people return from the dead in the official SW.
  19. JediAbnocto Jedi Padawan

Thrawn will be back as soon as Zahn is back. He's too good a character to have him never return.

Besides, Thrawn built so much redundancy into the droids guarding his cloning facility, don't you think he'd have a backup cloning facility or two hidden somewhere else?
  20. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Thrawn is visiting the Great Art Gallery in the Sky. He was a cool villian, but I'd like him to stay deceased. :D
  21. El_Cid_Campeador Jedi Knight

There were two separate instances in which Grand Admiral Thrawn dealt with failure of tractor beam operators.

The first instance involved Ables'man Cris Pieterson and his supervising officer, Ensign Colclazure. In this instance, Admiral Thrawn spared Mr Colclazure and had Ables'man Pieterson executed for a trivial failure; it should be noted that Gamer #5 states that if Ables'man Pieterson had been a Chiss, Admiral Thrawn would not have had him killed.

The second instance involved Ens. Rejlii Mithel, son of the Death Star fighter pilot "Mauler" Mithel, who flew Black Two during the First Battle of Yavin. In this instance, Admiral Thrawn promoted Mr Mithel to lieutenant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.