main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where is Grinning Grahrk----the search for Villie

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Ville seems to have some importance in the Ongoing series, which really should have been called Republic first up. I hear he's in Acts of War, which I'll confirm when it ships in, then Emissaries to Malastare. His prime start was in Twilight, then Darkness and Rite of Passage. His Dev Version too.

Was there some sneaky reason he starred in several Ongoing comics or just a coincidence he continued to appear in later and now past Rep comics?

Also, he seems to be absent nowadays. Is there a reason for that too, or just biding his time till he has an appropriate use?

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Maybe Augrem caught up with him? [face_devil]

Carl - this databank entry ever-so-subtly alludes to Villie.

3. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I hear he's in Acts of War

He is in Acts of War with a fairly large role. Acts of War is a great comic BTW.

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Screw Villie...what *I* wanna know is whether John's somehow gonna manage to work "Bobo" back into the EP3 mix.

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Heck yes we need more Villie! Though I heard over at DH from Jan that the duo had something special planned for him....or maybe that was Zao. I'm loosing track of all my characters who we haven't seen in Republic for a while.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Don't forget, according to Infinities, he's alive as of TESB. :D

Also, Villie appears in the Galactic Battlegrounds game.

TC

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Who is Bobo (Burns' teddy bear?) and what did Villie do in the game? I don't have it.

8. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Absolutley nothing - but he's one of the units in the Scenario creator. If you so want, you can have an army of Villie clones chasing after the Gungan army.

9. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Wow. I didn't realise Galactic Battlegrounds was that fine tuned. Does Villie have a voice there when you click on him? What does he do?

10. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    From what I remember, he just gnashes in Devaronian. Basically, each race has a bounty hunter that you can create, and the Gungans can make a Devaronian. In the "Heroes" section of the Scenario Editor there's a beefed up, renamed one to represent Villie (of course you can rename and power up units yourself in the Editor).

There's also Mahwi Linn from Shadow Hunter, too.

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Bobo is Darth Sidious.

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Republics #40-41. ;)

13. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    Seriously, we've tried adding Villie to several of the recent storylines and even the next one. Durned Devaronian just kept trying to take over the story (he does that EVERY time) and there just wasn't room. So we wind up cutting him.

Maybe at some point we'll get a Villie version of the Clone Wars. Might be fun reading.<g>

-- John

14. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    I'd love to see a Clone Wars: The Devaronian Version. Or even if he has just a small role, Villie is a fun character to read. He adds some much needed humour to the grim 'n gritty Jedi.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Why not see if DH will let you do an all Villie Clone Wars issue or two, Mr. Ostrander? That way he can't try to take over the comic because it's all about him to begin with. And maybe we could actually get a Clone Wars comic POV from someone who is more of a regular guy. That is to say not a clone, Jedi, dark Jedi, politician, or major Seperatist member.

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I've always liked Villie because he had personality, never stops grinning aside from Darkness, and doesn't speak flashy fast oneliners each time like Rostu.

And he really did pull the trigger on Vos, when they met. You know he'd go that far. That was best of all.

17. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I miss Villie, Star Wars has always had its endearing jerks. Power to the jerks. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.