main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Where is Jelucan?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TROR, Dec 22, 2015.

1. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I know it's in the Outer Rim, but what planets are around it? I can't seem to find it on the official canon map. I don't think it was deleted from the archives, so if someone could give me the coordinates of it or point it out to me on the official Star Wars Galaxy map, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that it's very new (appeared for the first time in Lost Stars) its exact location hasn't been nailed down officially yet.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There are a lot of worlds that aren't on the new official map. They picked only a small sampling.

4. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    So say I'm writing some crappy Star Wars fanfic, I could place it near any planet in the Outer Rim without screwing canon?

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe you could make use the oft-forgotten Z coordinate. Rather than galactic east/west/etc which seems to be recanonized now as of TFA, use "above" or "below" some other planet in the Outer Rim. You'd stand a better chance of avoiding any potential future continuity issues that way, since most writers stick to the cardinal directions.

Vthuil likes this.
  6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Just be vague like Lost Stars itself, the Outer Rim is giant after all. ;)

Matthew_Wolverine likes this.
  7. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Canon of the moment? Yes. Canon of a few months from now, when Jason Fry gets it placed and it goes in an Atlas Appendix update? Probably not, unless you're a lucky guesser.

Your three options are: Place it, and if its placement is ultimately contradicted, so be it; put your fanfic on the backburner until it appears in an update; or, as others have suggested, be vague in your description.

8. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002

Well since your fanfic isn't canon, you can't really screw canon. You'd be creating your own canon. So if you for example, you place it near Tatooine in your fic and the official canon later reveals that it's nowhere close to Tatooine that doesn't really matter. It's near Tatooine in your canon.

Or just be vague as others have suggested. The films are vague too.

9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014